Quest Diagnostics

Closed Thread
Old 03-10-2020, 09:36 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLBNJ View Post
Walk out and don’t give them your credit card when they call your name after check in. They do that every once in awhile at Quest. Report them to the Better Business. They are the most unfriendly techs. Go to another lab in the area.
Apparently the training or the schooling they get must be very little.
Old 03-10-2020, 09:49 AM
Angry Quest

Same thing happened to me. Quest did $2000 worth of bloodwork and it was rejected because they submitted it to the wrong insurance. I even questioned it when they gave me the receipt when I was there. It said my insurance was Florida blue. I don’t have Florida blue. I have a different Blue Cross. They said that it’s submitted to Florida blue first and then goes to the next insurance. Makes no sense.
Old 03-10-2020, 11:46 AM

That's ironic. We switched from Lab Corp to Quest because Lab Corp had caused the same problem.
Old 03-10-2020, 12:06 PM
Veteran member
Unhappy absolute scam

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAT777 View Post
Not sure how many use Quest Diagnostics but both my husband and I have received bills for blood work and the reason why is they had submitted it wrong to our insurance. My concern is how many just pay the bill without questioning? I was online with both Quest and United Healthcare for 2 hours today getting this resolved. Quest finally stated it was their mistake for submitting it wrong to Insurance. (Scam) From now on we will go to LabCorp. We have to question and watch everything!
I worked in medical billing and many labs, drs. etc bill the insurance and the patient (known double billing). They say they weren't paid when the were. They sign a contract with the insurance company's stating they will be "participating physicians and will accept what insurance pays" and they still bill the patient and are paid twice for the same service. There is a well-known doctor right here in The Villages that does this with all of his patients. He makes a boat load of money because many of his patients do not understand the double billing and they just pay the bill. How sad.
Old 03-10-2020, 12:08 PM
Veteran member
Default improper billing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pommom91 View Post
Same thing happened to me. Quest did $2000 worth of bloodwork and it was rejected because they submitted it to the wrong insurance. I even questioned it when they gave me the receipt when I was there. It said my insurance was Florida blue. I don’t have Florida blue. I have a different Blue Cross. They said that it’s submitted to Florida blue first and then goes to the next insurance. Makes no sense.
This is not done by mistake. This is done to get you to pay the bill and they also get paid by your medical insurance company.
Old 03-10-2020, 12:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmd2 View Post
I worked in medical billing and many labs, drs. etc bill the insurance and the patient (known double billing). They say they weren't paid when the were. They sign a contract with the insurance company's stating they will be "participating physicians and will accept what insurance pays" and they still bill the patient and are paid twice for the same service. There is a well-known doctor right here in The Villages that does this with all of his patients. He makes a boat load of money because many of his patients do not understand the double billing and they just pay the bill. How sad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmd2 View Post
This is not done by mistake. This is done to get you to pay the bill and they also get paid by your medical insurance company.

I don't know where you worked in billing, but in 35 years as a practicing physician I never even heard of any physician, or even lab double billing as a routine practice. If you KNOW a physician is doing this "all the time" and intentionally, report them to CMS or the private insurer if the patient is under 65. But you better be absolutely sure lest you face a huge lawsuit for libel/slander.
Old 03-10-2020, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAT777 View Post
Not sure how many use Quest Diagnostics but both my husband and I have received bills for blood work and the reason why is they had submitted it wrong to our insurance. My concern is how many just pay the bill without questioning? I was online with both Quest and United Healthcare for 2 hours today getting this resolved. Quest finally stated it was their mistake for submitting it wrong to Insurance. (Scam) From now on we will go to LabCorp. We have to question and watch everything!
Thank you for sharing this information. We use Quest but we can also use LabCorp which will be our new lab now.
Old 03-10-2020, 08:20 PM
Default Quest Diagnostics / Lab Corp Bill

For some reason the Lab is billing the customer instead of billing the insurance company The same thing happened to me They ( the
lab) told me its happening a lot lately there is a system error which is being addressed
Old 03-10-2020, 10:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,177 Times in 834 Posts

I have used both the big labs. And each asked for a credit card to hold for payment after insurance processing. I have always said no. I will pay you in full after the carrier pays its amount. The receptionists have always politely accepted this and there was no problem having the lab work done. I get a bill and call the 800# and pay my copay/coinsurance/deductible. Maybe its my honest face. YMMV
Old 03-11-2020, 10:36 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by calibantwo View Post
That's ironic. We switched from Lab Corp to Quest because Lab Corp had caused the same problem.
They probably don’t pay enough & they get what they pay for. Or the people they hire they don’t screen them very good or at all. It’s sad that Quest & Lab Corp can’t get people that really want to do a good job. I guess these places get what they pay for!
Old 03-11-2020, 02:22 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Most don’t know that billing is outsourced, out country. Our insurance is with a large medical conglomerate, nationwide. Their billing is no longer in the US. Not one of my procedures, surgeries, treatment have been billed correctly since 2018.

At this point there is hundreds of thousands of unpaid bills. When you call, it’s like going to jack in the box drive through.

So it’s not the physicians, or the office staff. It’s most of medical facilities all over the US.
Old 03-11-2020, 02:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,901 Times in 914 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
I have used both the big labs. And each asked for a credit card to hold for payment after insurance processing. YMMV
oh, I have to try this, then when they say that I can't have a blood test, I will ask if their billing system is broken?

good suggestion

sportsguy
Old 03-11-2020, 02:51 PM

Some HMO's require you meet a certain amount of copay before it is covered. Just a thought.
Closed Thread

Tags
quest, diagnostics, insurance, wrong, watch

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.