Question about COVID-19 testing

Closed Thread
Old 07-27-2020, 04:40 PM
Default Question about COVID-19 testing

My husband and I were tested this afternoon at Walgreens near Rohan. He already has a negative results. One hour later ! I have not heard my results yet.
Our tests were self administered under direction from a woman wearing a mask.
I was told by a friend she had someone do hers. Which way is preferable? Are results more accurate with a professional person testing you ? Any medical opinions out there that can weigh in ?
Old 07-27-2020, 07:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,739 Times in 1,222 Posts

Some info on the test used at Wallgreens. Sample collection is critical, specially for low viral loads.

https://www.unionleader.com/news/hea...3774f16d0.html

FDA standards under fire over Abbott's fast COVID-19 test

In mid-May, the Food and Drug Administration issued a rare public warning about an Abbott Laboratories COVID-19 test that for weeks had received high praise from the White House because of its speed: Test results could be wrong.

The agency at that point had received 15 “adverse event reports” about Abbott’s ID NOW rapid COVID test suggesting that infected patients were wrongly told they did not have the coronavirus, which had led to the deaths of tens of thousands of Americans.

The warning followed multiple academic studies showing higher “false negative” rates from the Abbott device, including one from New York University researchers who found it missed close to half of the positive samples detected by a rival company’s test.

But then, in a move that confounded lab officials and other public health experts, a senior FDA official later that month said coronavirus tests provided outside lab settings would be considered useful in fighting the pandemic even if they miss 1 in 5 positive cases — a worrisome failure rate.

The FDA has now received a total of 106 reports of adverse events for the Abbott test. The agency has not received a single adverse event report for any other point-of-care tests meant to diagnose COVID-19, an agency spokesperson said.
Old 08-18-2020, 10:02 AM

Heading North after brief check of house, where can I get a relatively quick virus check to avoid the mandatory quarantine at that end? Have all the usual underlying conditions, no symptoms.
Thanks
Old 08-19-2020, 09:28 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

If a technician directed you on how to do it why complain unless you can’t follow instructions.
Old 10-02-2020, 06:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,503 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Covid Tests View Post
Thanks for sharing the article! We use PCR (Lab test) and it's the only way we've found to get a reliant method of testing. Although ours only take 24 hours, I really hope a rapid test emerges as soon as possible, the is RELIABLE!
reliant
[rəˈlīənt]
ADJECTIVE
dependent on someone or something.
"the company is heavily reliant on the baby market"

Tags
results, testing, preferable, question, friend

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.