Question about Doctors performing Knee Replacements

Closed Thread
Old 01-09-2020, 07:56 PM
Gold member

they allow the PA only after surgery, but i might just demand that at 12 months.
Old 01-10-2020, 12:52 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvtheVillages View Post
I had my left knee replaced several years ago by a doctor at Villages Health Specialty. Two months ago I had my right knee replaced by Dr Duke. I very much prefer Dr Duke.

Healing is going very well. My mobility is great. Staff is wonderful and caring. No bits left behind.

Some prefer Dr Nguyen because of the quick recovery time. He uses a unique, non-standard approach. He says his non-standard approach involves not having to cut muscles. I say that I am ok with a slightly longer recovery as long as the end result is great. My doctors say that they do not cut any muscles. I was up and walking with a walker the evening after surgery. Why is Dr Nguyen the only doctor to use this approach and the rest of the medical world uses the standard approach?

As far as kneeling - I don't even want to try it yet. Dr Duke re-used my own capela (knee cap) and added some cushioning behind it. Maybe after healing is further along? For sure I will never kneel on my left knee, not even on a soft cushion.
Dr Nguyen is not the only doctor around to use the side approach. There are others.
Old 01-10-2020, 12:56 AM
Veteran member

Marion Hosp on 200 in Ocala, only.
Old 01-10-2020, 07:13 AM

I have had both knees replaced, 6 and 5 years ago. Kneeling is still “uncomfortable “
Old 01-10-2020, 08:23 AM
Smile Knee Replacement Surgeons

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIRE1 View Post
I think I'm due for a knee replacement and would like some input from the TOTV community as to a doctor they would recommend. I've looked at previous threads but they are very old and I wonder if the recommendations are still applicable.

The 3 names in those old post were John Williams (here in The Villages), Vuong Nquyen (Orlando), and James Duke (Ocala).

Also, I've heard that you can't get down on your knees after a knee replacement. Since this would result in a knee replacement in both knees, I'm wondering if any of you have had problems with this situation. Seems like there is always an occasion when I've got to get on at least one knee to do something. Because I've currently only got one of the knees replaced, it hasn't been a problem but I'm concerned about this as well. Any input you can offer will really be appreciated.
My wife had her's done by Dr. Mesiah and was quite happy.He has offices in The Villages and perfroms the surgery at both Davenport and Celebration.
Old 01-10-2020, 08:30 AM

I have been referred to Dr. Nguyen in Orlando. He does lateral knee replacement in which the incision is made from the side instead of across the top of the knee. This is suppose to cause less pain and a quicker recovery.
Old 01-10-2020, 08:35 AM

West Marion in Ocala
Old 01-10-2020, 10:00 AM

There have been a number of recommendations for a doctor with 2 different spellings - Dr Messiah and Dr. Mesiah. I assume they are the same person. But when I Google those names I come up with 2 different doctors.

One is Dr. Michael S. Messieh who appears to have an office on 441 here in The Villages, and the other is Dr. Samuel Messieh who has an office in Winter Haven. I know a few of the post who recommended this doctor indicated the surgery is quite a distance away, so I'm not sure which, if any, of these are the doctors you are recommending. Could you help me out? I hate to keep asking questions but this is obviously an important choice to make, and I really appreciate the help you all can give to me.
Old 01-11-2020, 09:58 AM

Quote:
There have been a number of recommendations for a doctor with 2 different spellings - Dr Messiah and Dr. Mesiah. I assume they are the same person. But when I Google those names I come up with 2 different doctors.

One is Dr. Michael S. Messieh who appears to have an office on 441 here in The Villages, and the other is Dr. Samuel Messieh who has an office in Winter Haven. I know a few of the post who recommended this doctor indicated the surgery is quite a distance away, so I'm not sure which, if any, of these are the doctors you are recommending. Could you help me out? I hate to keep asking questions but this is obviously an important choice to make, and I really appreciate the help you all can give to me.
Any replies to this question????
Old 01-11-2020, 10:38 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,034 Times in 364 Posts

Quote:
Any replies to this question????
They are referring to Michael Messieh.
Old 01-11-2020, 04:31 PM

Thanks for the reply. I couldn't tell and wanted to get the correct doctor. He had a lot of recommendations. Thanks to everyone for your input.
Old 01-13-2020, 08:26 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrhobson View Post
My wife had her's done by Dr. Mesiah and was quite happy.He has offices in The Villages and perfroms the surgery at both Davenport and Celebration.
My wife interviews potential physicians no less effectively—and intensely—than a serious Human Resources officer would. She met with the two surgeons who seem to be doing the most knee replacements in the Villages area—and rejected both—feeling they were addressing solely her knees and not the unique needs that every individual patient has. This is not to imply that she felt they were less than competent; rather it’s more a bedside manner issue, for lack of a better way to say it.

In the end she also used orthopedic surgeon Michael Messieh, who operated at South Lake Hospital in Clermont. It was a toss-up which knee to do first. As it turned out, the result was so perfect that she’s never felt the need to do the other knee—and it’s been about six years now. She also feels spending some time at a rehab, where she had physical therapy SEVEN days a week, helped considerably in her rate of healing. The last phone number we have for Dr Messieh is 407-592-1921.
Closed Thread

Tags
knee, knees, replacement, input, result

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.