Question re grandchildren visiting

Closed Thread
Old 06-25-2016, 01:33 PM
Veteran member
Default Question re grandchildren visiting

Hi friends,

Haven't been on here for quite a while, hope you all are doing well.

My question: We have 8 year old twin granddaughters visiting soon; does anyone have a form or suggestion for medical power of attorney that we should have the parents sign 'just in case', in order for us to be authorized to consent to medical treatment, since the parents won't be here with them. My email address is freeda@lifeboost.com in case you have a form for this that you can email me.

Also, can anyone suggest a pediatrician; and what hospital and/or urgent care center you would take children to should the unexpected need arise? I will have the parents also check to see what providers are in their network, but just thought I'd ask for any recommendations.

Hopefully this information would be completely unused!! thanks, Freeda Louthan

Measure your wealth not by the things that you have, but by the things you have for which you wouldn't take money.
The world needs dreamers; the world needs 'do'-ers. But most of all, the world needs dreamers who are do-ers.
Old 06-25-2016, 03:04 PM
Veteran member

Medical personnel can take verbal approval over the phone from the parents, at least they could ages ago when I was a nurse. You can always have a handwritten note from the parents giving their consent for you to make decisions in their absence. Getting it notarized would be beneficial. Sorry, I have no knowledge of pediatricians in the area although there are plenty of Emergency clinics all over the place.
Old 06-25-2016, 03:14 PM
Default medical poa

Their parents could Google Health Care Surrogate FL. We downloaded a form from lawdepot.com but ours was for our adult learning disabled son, so they should check with their lawyer to see what kind of document would be appropriate. You have to agree to a trial subscription, for a week I think, which can be canceled as soon as they have filled out and downloaded the info. It needs to be notarized.
Old 06-25-2016, 03:57 PM
Sage

The Villages Regional Hospital has an excellent Urgent Care. The Urgent cares all have different hours so it would be good to investigate to find a 24 hour one just in case.
Old 06-25-2016, 06:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts

Free Florida Power of Attorney Forms in Fillable PDF | 9 Types Archives - Power of Attorney : Power of Attorney

This might be of some help.

I am not sure that the Urgent Cares I have been to around the Villages treat kids? Does anyone have experience with their treating children? The one I went to was across from Crispers and north of the CR466 CVS. Pediatric Urgent Care vs. Adult Urgent Care - Urgent Care FAQ's

Florida Minor Child Power of Attorney Form - Power of Attorney : Power of Attorney

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 06-26-2016 at 07:13 AM.
Old 06-25-2016, 09:47 PM
Veteran member

Thanks, all of you, for the helpful information!

Measure your wealth not by the things that you have, but by the things you have for which you wouldn't take money.
The world needs dreamers; the world needs 'do'-ers. But most of all, the world needs dreamers who are do-ers.
Old 06-25-2016, 09:47 PM
Veteran member

thank you!

Old 06-26-2016, 11:08 AM

Try this URL

Child Medical Consent Form | Free Medical Authorization Form for Minors (US)

It is from the Sumter County Library and looks to be just what you need.
Old 06-26-2016, 11:44 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I would take kids to Leesburg. They have a decent pediatric department. If something major, it would be Arnold Palmer Children's Hospital in Orlando (helicopter lifted if necessary). I can't remember the name of my daughter's pediatrician but do remember she practiced on 441 near TVRH. If she'll accept the kids, she seemed pretty good. I'm sure you could find by googling pedes near TV, there aren't many.

And kudos for thinking ahead. Something more of us should do (never even crossed my mind as being important when my grandson visits for a weekend).

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 06-26-2016, 10:31 PM
Veteran member

Thanks, all of you for the help!! I really appreciate it!! Freeda

Old 06-27-2016, 04:27 AM
Sage

I know the Villages hospital is not set up for children. We took my grandson there and they ambulanced him to Leesburg hospital which has a.wonderful children's department. Hope there's no need for hospital but just in case, you should know
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 07-06-2016, 11:55 PM
Veteran member

Thank you for that information; I hope your grandson is okay.

Closed Thread

Tags
parents, medical, question, case, form

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.