Question re: Urgent Care faciities

Closed Thread
Old 01-13-2019, 12:35 PM
Sage
Default Question re: Urgent Care faciities

This is something I wish I'd written down but didn't. I know there are "urgent cares and then there are urgent cares" in our area. I've gone to Paramount in the past but it seems that someone mentioned there is one that's affiliated with TVRH. Is that correct?? I thought I'd read somewhere that there's one in Brownwood that's good. Is that in the strip mall where the Butter Bean restaurant used to be?? We may need one today and I want it to be somewhere that the majority of folks recommend. I don't know how to do a search on this site for former conversations re: this.
Old 01-13-2019, 12:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Maybe this link will help -

411 Urgent Care on 44 across from Brownwood
Old 01-13-2019, 12:52 PM
Sage

A few years old but here's one about the TVRH urgent care that you mentioned -

The Villages Regional Hospital Urgent Care
Old 01-13-2019, 01:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post
A few years old but here's one about the TVRH urgent care that you mentioned -

The Villages Regional Hospital Urgent Care
Thank you, but don't think that one is operational anymore. I did do a google search (finally) and saw that the reviews re: Paramount were all pretty, consistently good. I think I'll stick with that one if we need to go. HATE when ??? (health issues) come up on the weekend and the dr. on call's message box is full!!! Must be the season!!!
Old 01-13-2019, 01:13 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
but it seems that someone mentioned there is one that's affiliated with TVRH. .
TVRH no longer has an Urgent Care unit. However Leesburg Regional Hospital, which is part of the same company TVRH is, does have an Urgent care unit. Depending on where you are in the Villages it may be closer than TVRH.
Old 01-13-2019, 01:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
This is something I wish I'd written down but didn't. I know there are "urgent cares and then there are urgent cares" in our area. I've gone to Paramount in the past but it seems that someone mentioned there is one that's affiliated with TVRH. Is that correct?? I thought I'd read somewhere that there's one in Brownwood that's good. Is that in the strip mall where the Butter Bean restaurant used to be?? We may need one today and I want it to be somewhere that the majority of folks recommend. I don't know how to do a search on this site for former conversations re: this.
You're right about it being the season. If it's any consolation, I've had some pretty good luck with urgent care facilities and even chose it over my doctor's office about this time of year a few years back. Was in and out and home in bed way sooner than I probably would have been if I had gone to my doctor. Hoping first off, you don't have to go at all, but if you do that all goes as smoothly as my experiences.
Old 01-13-2019, 02:19 PM
Sage

It's too bad the hospital no longer has one. Maybe folks were still abusing the ER rather than using that. I did go there a couple of times when it was in operation and ended up being sent over to the ER anyway. I will NOT go to the ER for what isn't a medical emergency. Leesburg is way too far from where we live so thanks but it's not an option. I'll stick with the local one and take my chances.
Old 01-13-2019, 04:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,502 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
It's too bad the hospital no longer has one. Maybe folks were still abusing the ER rather than using that. I did go there a couple of times when it was in operation and ended up being sent over to the ER anyway. I will NOT go to the ER for what isn't a medical emergency. Leesburg is way too far from where we live so thanks but it's not an option. I'll stick with the local one and take my chances.
Hope very much to hear you are both o.k. Henry went several days in succession to the Urgent Care in Lake Sumter Landing nearest Citrus Cardiology. That was during the flu epidemic and our doctor was swamped. They gave him anti-viral shots. He was very satisfied with their care.

Last edited by graciegirl; 01-13-2019 at 05:20 PM.
Old 01-13-2019, 04:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
I have a recurring infectious problem which always seems to become a problem at the weekend. My own physician has suggested I use the 441 Urgent Care at Sumter Landing, Old Camp Road. I believe this Urgent Care almost always has a doctor in attendance. I have also heard great things about the Summerfield ER | Ocala Health | Ocala, FL. I have a friend with kidney stones who always uses this facility and swears by it. Have also heard good things about Paramount Urgent Care.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 01-13-2019, 07:03 PM

I used the 441 Urgent Care on Farner, across from Colony Plaza just two days ago. I couldn't have been treated any better. Staff was very attentive, listened to my input and treated me accordingly. I'll also mention that I have never needed medical attention here before and wondered what I would do if the need ever arose. In this case I made the right choice!
Old 01-13-2019, 07:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Last edited by John_W; 04-15-2019 at 12:38 PM.
Old 01-13-2019, 08:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
If you need serious care and don't want to use TVRH, there is Summerfield ER opened about 2 years ago by Ocala Health in front of Del Webb Spruce Creek. It's 10,500 square feet costing $10 million dollars with 40 full-time health professionals. It has 11 emergency rooms, a laboratory, and imaging services, including CT scan, ultrasound and X-ray and an operating room. I know someone posted once they had some kind of serious problem and went there and was on the operating table within 30 minutes.

The Villages Florida

Ocala Health opens full-service emergency department in Summerfield | Ocala Health | Ocala, FL

From Villages News -

“The new Summerfield ER facility allows us to provide critical healthcare services in a more convenient setting for our patients,” said Chad P. Christianson, CEO, Ocala Health. “We continually monitor development in Marion County, and our hospitals are seeing an increased number of patients from the Summerfield area. This new facility provides emergent care more closely to where our patients and their families live.”

Ocala Health encompasses Ocala Regional Medical Center, a 222-bed facility located in the heart of Ocala, and West Marion Community Hospital, a 94-bed hospital located in West Marion County.
I have heard that BUT it's a bit far from where we live PLUS you will get charged (I think) as an ER rather than an Urgent Care. Our medical plan requires an actual U.C. I've received some good advice from this post. As things turned out...we didn't need to use one today and will await a call tomorrow from our clinic. We have TVH and prefer to keep things locally and not in Ocala!
Old 01-14-2019, 06:21 AM

I checked the Facebook page for Brownwood urgent care. They have some good reviews but many really BAD reviews. Don't think I will go there if needed.....
Old 01-14-2019, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Urgent Care is 441 Urgent care, not 411. There are several centers:
Buffalo Ridge Plaza, Lake Sumter Landing, SR 44 across from Brownwood and Mulberry Lane behind Walgreens. They are open 365 days a year. New center now at Colony.
Old 01-14-2019, 08:14 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I cut the side of my thumb off in a slicer while slicing potatoes for my wife. I went to Leesburg Urgent center only because I didn't prepare ourselves where TV Urgent Care Center was here. They did an excellent job until they had to use Silver Nitrate on it to stop the bad bleeding, that stuff burnt like H _ _ , LOL. Just saying I like the one in Leesburg, but I'm sure the ones in The Villages are excellent too!
Closed Thread

Tags
urgent, cares, today, restaurant, mall

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.