Question re: Urgent Care faciities

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 01-13-2019, 12:35 PM
Sage

Default Question re: Urgent Care faciities

This is something I wish I'd written down but didn't. I know there are "urgent cares and then there are urgent cares" in our area. I've gone to Paramount in the past but it seems that someone mentioned there is one that's affiliated with TVRH. Is that correct?? I thought I'd read somewhere that there's one in Brownwood that's good. Is that in the strip mall where the Butter Bean restaurant used to be?? We may need one today and I want it to be somewhere that the majority of folks recommend. I don't know how to do a search on this site for former conversations re: this.

Old 01-13-2019, 12:44 PM
Sage

Maybe this link will help -

411 Urgent Care on 44 across from Brownwood
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2019, 12:52 PM
Sage

A few years old but here's one about the TVRH urgent care that you mentioned -

The Villages Regional Hospital Urgent Care
Old 01-13-2019, 01:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post
A few years old but here's one about the TVRH urgent care that you mentioned -

The Villages Regional Hospital Urgent Care
Thank you, but don't think that one is operational anymore. I did do a google search (finally) and saw that the reviews re: Paramount were all pretty, consistently good. I think I'll stick with that one if we need to go. HATE when ??? (health issues) come up on the weekend and the dr. on call's message box is full!!! Must be the season!!!
Old 01-13-2019, 01:13 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
but it seems that someone mentioned there is one that's affiliated with TVRH. .
TVRH no longer has an Urgent Care unit. However Leesburg Regional Hospital, which is part of the same company TVRH is, does have an Urgent care unit. Depending on where you are in the Villages it may be closer than TVRH.
Old 01-13-2019, 01:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
This is something I wish I'd written down but didn't. I know there are "urgent cares and then there are urgent cares" in our area. I've gone to Paramount in the past but it seems that someone mentioned there is one that's affiliated with TVRH. Is that correct?? I thought I'd read somewhere that there's one in Brownwood that's good. Is that in the strip mall where the Butter Bean restaurant used to be?? We may need one today and I want it to be somewhere that the majority of folks recommend. I don't know how to do a search on this site for former conversations re: this.
You're right about it being the season. If it's any consolation, I've had some pretty good luck with urgent care facilities and even chose it over my doctor's office about this time of year a few years back. Was in and out and home in bed way sooner than I probably would have been if I had gone to my doctor. Hoping first off, you don't have to go at all, but if you do that all goes as smoothly as my experiences.
Old 01-13-2019, 02:19 PM
Sage

It's too bad the hospital no longer has one. Maybe folks were still abusing the ER rather than using that. I did go there a couple of times when it was in operation and ended up being sent over to the ER anyway. I will NOT go to the ER for what isn't a medical emergency. Leesburg is way too far from where we live so thanks but it's not an option. I'll stick with the local one and take my chances.
Old 01-13-2019, 04:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
It's too bad the hospital no longer has one. Maybe folks were still abusing the ER rather than using that. I did go there a couple of times when it was in operation and ended up being sent over to the ER anyway. I will NOT go to the ER for what isn't a medical emergency. Leesburg is way too far from where we live so thanks but it's not an option. I'll stick with the local one and take my chances.
Hope very much to hear you are both o.k. Henry went several days in succession to the Urgent Care in Lake Sumter Landing nearest Citrus Cardiology. That was during the flu epidemic and our doctor was swamped. They gave him anti-viral shots. He was very satisfied with their care.

Last edited by graciegirl; 01-13-2019 at 05:20 PM.
Old 01-13-2019, 04:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
I have a recurring infectious problem which always seems to become a problem at the weekend. My own physician has suggested I use the 441 Urgent Care at Sumter Landing, Old Camp Road. I believe this Urgent Care almost always has a doctor in attendance. I have also heard great things about the Summerfield ER | Ocala Health | Ocala, FL. I have a friend with kidney stones who always uses this facility and swears by it. Have also heard good things about Paramount Urgent Care.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 01-13-2019, 07:03 PM

I used the 441 Urgent Care on Farner, across from Colony Plaza just two days ago. I couldn't have been treated any better. Staff was very attentive, listened to my input and treated me accordingly. I'll also mention that I have never needed medical attention here before and wondered what I would do if the need ever arose. In this case I made the right choice!

Tags
urgent, cares, today, restaurant, mall