Question re: Urgent Care faciities

Question re: Urgent Care faciities

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 01-13-2019, 07:25 PM
Sage

If you need serious care and don't want to use TVRH, there is Summerfield ER opened about 2 years ago by Ocala Health in front of Del Webb Spruce Creek. It's 10,500 square feet costing $10 million dollars with 40 full-time health professionals. It has 11 emergency rooms, a laboratory, and imaging services, including CT scan, ultrasound and X-ray and an operating room. I know someone posted once they had some kind of serious problem and went there and was on the operating table within 30 minutes.

Ocala Health opens full-service emergency department in Summerfield | Ocala Health | Ocala, FL

From Villages News -

“The new Summerfield ER facility allows us to provide critical healthcare services in a more convenient setting for our patients,” said Chad P. Christianson, CEO, Ocala Health. “We continually monitor development in Marion County, and our hospitals are seeing an increased number of patients from the Summerfield area. This new facility provides emergent care more closely to where our patients and their families live.”

Ocala Health encompasses Ocala Regional Medical Center, a 222-bed facility located in the heart of Ocala, and West Marion Community Hospital, a 94-bed hospital located in West Marion County.

Old 01-13-2019, 08:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
If you need serious care and don't want to use TVRH, there is Summerfield ER opened about 2 years ago by Ocala Health in front of Del Webb Spruce Creek. It's 10,500 square feet costing $10 million dollars with 40 full-time health professionals. It has 11 emergency rooms, a laboratory, and imaging services, including CT scan, ultrasound and X-ray and an operating room. I know someone posted once they had some kind of serious problem and went there and was on the operating table within 30 minutes.

Ocala Health opens full-service emergency department in Summerfield | Ocala Health | Ocala, FL

From Villages News -

“The new Summerfield ER facility allows us to provide critical healthcare services in a more convenient setting for our patients,” said Chad P. Christianson, CEO, Ocala Health. “We continually monitor development in Marion County, and our hospitals are seeing an increased number of patients from the Summerfield area. This new facility provides emergent care more closely to where our patients and their families live.”

Ocala Health encompasses Ocala Regional Medical Center, a 222-bed facility located in the heart of Ocala, and West Marion Community Hospital, a 94-bed hospital located in West Marion County.
I have heard that BUT it's a bit far from where we live PLUS you will get charged (I think) as an ER rather than an Urgent Care. Our medical plan requires an actual U.C. I've received some good advice from this post. As things turned out...we didn't need to use one today and will await a call tomorrow from our clinic. We have TVH and prefer to keep things locally and not in Ocala!
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2019, 06:21 AM

I checked the Facebook page for Brownwood urgent care. They have some good reviews but many really BAD reviews. Don't think I will go there if needed.....
Old 01-14-2019, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
This is something I wish I'd written down but didn't. I know there are "urgent cares and then there are urgent cares" in our area. I've gone to Paramount in the past but it seems that someone mentioned there is one that's affiliated with TVRH. Is that correct?? I thought I'd read somewhere that there's one in Brownwood that's good. Is that in the strip mall where the Butter Bean restaurant used to be?? We may need one today and I want it to be somewhere that the majority of folks recommend. I don't know how to do a search on this site for former conversations re: this.
Urgent Care is 441 Urgent care, not 411. There are several centers:
Buffalo Ridge Plaza, Lake Sumter Landing, SR 44 across from Brownwood and Mulberry Lane behind Walgreens. They are open 365 days a year. New center now at Colony.
Old 01-14-2019, 08:14 AM

I cut the side of my thumb off in a slicer while slicing potatoes for my wife. I went to Leesburg Urgent center only because I didn't prepare ourselves where TV Urgent Care Center was here. They did an excellent job until they had to use Silver Nitrate on it to stop the bad bleeding, that stuff burnt like H _ _ , LOL. Just saying I like the one in Leesburg, but I'm sure the ones in The Villages are excellent too!
Old 01-14-2019, 08:57 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
I have heard that BUT it's a bit far from where we live...We have TVH and prefer to keep things locally and not in Ocala!
This facility may be operated by Ocala Health but is not in Ocala. If you know where the Market of Marion is located, it's before that on the right by Del Webb Spruce Creek entrance. If you live in the Brownwood area, I found by going to Wildwood and taking 301 north, I can get to Ocala in 30 minutes and get to Market of Marion in 20 minutes using US 301.

In 2017 there were several threads about how bad The Villages ER was and their experiences. This is for when you need an ER. I searched and found a couple of posts about this place, here is one of them:

Posted by Warren Kiefer,

Ocala/Summerfield Emergency is located on 27/441 at the entrance to the Del Web community.. I was experiencing a kidney stone attack, yes, one of those where you consider killing yourself !! Anyway, within 10 minutes I was in a treatment room and an IV was being administered. I recalled my last Villages Emergence Room need where I lay on a gurney in a hallway for 8 hours (kidney stones then too)..The Summerfield Emergency was extremely professional, capable and their facility without complaint, up to date. If I am in the position of making a choice, the Summerfield facility will always be where I want to be treated.
Agree
Old 01-14-2019, 09:21 AM
Platinum member

Thumbs up Agree

We agree with the suggestion to use the Urgent Care or Emergency Care (Which ever is right) on 441 in Sumerfield.We always went to the UC in Lake Sumter but for reasons I don't want to get into we looked for an alternative and this was recommended. It may be a few mile, (not many) north towards Maids of Marion but the drive is well worth it.. Reason: You will always see a Doctor, it appears to be ready for anything including blood work, xrays, etc.
Minute Clinic
Old 01-14-2019, 09:55 AM

Default Minute Clinic

Everyone is forgetting about the CVS Minute Clinic.

Never at the 441 Urgent Care have I ever seen a Doctor. Yes, many injections in the butt. One central Doctor in an office somewhere name appears on the paid insurance form but no one ever see's him.
Don't be fooled that you're seeing a degreed M.D.

The Colony facility is much cleaner than the Lake Sumter facility.
Old 01-14-2019, 10:51 AM
Sage

Thank you ALL.....I have the information I wanted. Hopefully the Admin. will close this thread!!
Old 01-14-2019, 06:15 PM

There is a 411 Urgent Care also in Sumter Landing. It's where I've been going this past week for the crud that is going around. They are very efficient in getting you in and out. Google it.

Tags
urgent, cares, today, restaurant, mall