Recommendation for Outpatient Physical Therapy for Back Post-Surgery?

Closed Thread
Old 07-20-2016, 09:25 AM
Sage
Default Recommendation for Outpatient Physical Therapy for Back Post-Surgery?

Mr 07 had lumbar fusion surgery 8 weeks ago in Orlando and is now ready for the next phase of more strenuous physical therapy.

Past reviews give general high marks for Lake Sumter Rehab, but, I didn't see any specific references to how they handle back surgery patients.

Another option is Brookdale rehab across from the hospital.

Does anyone have experience with either of these practices or another one close by that was good for back surgery patients?

Thanks, in advance, for your recommendations and experiences!
Old 07-20-2016, 03:57 PM
Platinum member

I had multiple major spinal surgeries with fusion of spine from base of lumbar area to top of thoracic. I spent over three months as an inpatient at The Club, near the Mulberry Rec Center. Later, after additional unrelated surgery I spent about a month at Freedom Pointe rehab center, near The Villages Regional Hospital. After discharge from there I did outpatient rehab at Lake Centre for Rehabilitation,
910 Old Camp Rd buil. 100, The Villages FL, 32162, The Villages, FL 32162.

The most effective for me was Lake Centre, because there I got rehab in a swimming pool with an underwater treadmill. Of course I could not have used it if I had not gone through a lot of other therapy first which had gotten me back on my feet. If getting in and out of the pool is an issue, they have another facility where there is a lift for getting in and out. I really liked the pool therapy.

If re-learning to walk is an issue you might try doing outpatient at The Club which has much more and much better equipment than Freedom Pointe.

Hope you have great success with rehab.

Tags
back, patients, physical, rehab, surgery

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.