Recommendations For a Back Doctor

Closed Thread
Old 10-03-2020, 11:15 AM
Default Recommendations For a Back Doctor

Looking for your excellent recommendations for a "back" doctor . My brother in law is visiting long term, soon to be full time, and has excruciating back pain sporadically but often. He has been been diagnosed with a herniated disc #2 and is hoping to find just the right doctor to relieve his pain. I have never experienced what he is going through but am on a mission to help him...good guy.
Thanking you in advance for your valuable information and caring enough to help.
Old 10-03-2020, 07:01 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrufrano View Post
Looking for your excellent recommendations for a "back" doctor . My brother in law is visiting long term, soon to be full time, and has excruciating back pain sporadically but often. He has been been diagnosed with a herniated disc #2 and is hoping to find just the right doctor to relieve his pain. I have never experienced what he is going through but am on a mission to help him...good guy.
Thanking you in advance for your valuable information and caring enough to help.
Any spine related issue is best diagnosed and treated by a neurosurgeon. I have some L4 / L5 issues. Dr. Daniel Robertson, Ocala Neurosurgical has helped my back with exercise and steroid shots. He believes in treatment first and surgery when necessary.

Last edited by JGVillages; 10-04-2020 at 05:18 AM.
Old 10-06-2020, 04:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,658 Times in 592 Posts

Dr.Harsha Rajashekar is a Neurologist at The Villages Health. He's done a really nice job for the osteoarthritis in my back so far. For me, there's a short term solution and then some longer term, more effective solution options. It takes a month lead time to get an appointment and requires a referral. I'm not sure if this helps or not, but good luck, back issues are so difficult.
Old 11-08-2020, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGVillages View Post
Any spine related issue is best diagnosed and treated by a neurosurgeon. I have some L4 / L5 issues. Dr. Daniel Robertson, Ocala Neurosurgical has helped my back with exercise and steroid shots. He believes in treatment first and surgery when necessary.
My friend had both back spinal fusion and neck fusion surgery from Dr Robertson in Ocala with complete success. He is outstanding.
Old 11-09-2020, 06:16 AM
Default back doctor

dr christopher baker orlando neurosurgery
Old 11-09-2020, 07:54 AM

Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville is where we are going for my wife's back. We tried Shands in Gainesville but got not no relief.
Closed Thread

Tags
back, doctor, recommendations, pain, experienced

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.