Recommendations On A Dentist

Closed Thread
Old 02-11-2010, 10:21 AM
Bosoxfan
Talking Recommendations On A Dentist

Hi All my wife and I are due for our 6 month exam & cleaning and would like some opinions on the local dentists.We've been here 5 months and this is one of the things we've put off but now it's time to wait no longer .Any help in this matter would be appreciated...Thanks
Old 02-11-2010, 10:35 AM

I would refer you to Dr. Thomas Kim in Leesburg, in shopping center next to Leesburg Walmart. Bright Smile Dental. As a retired DDS, I judge by cleanliness of the office, and how new and up to date the equipment is in the office. They are also very efficient!
Old 02-11-2010, 10:44 AM
Veteran member

My wife and I use Village Dental. Started with them in 2006 and never changed . . no need. Good service, reasonable prices (I've talked to other people about crowns, fillings etc).
Your 1st visit will probably be a little more because they'll want to take x-rays etc. The also talked us into a root scaling on our first cleaning. After that things have been pretty much routine with cleanings about $100 give or take a few dollars depending on what extras you might encure such as more x-rays or mouth cancer test.
One location on east side of 441 near PO & another on 466 near Southern Trace.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, scotch in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 02-11-2010, 11:12 AM
Thumbs up A good dentist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosoxfan View Post
Hi All my wife and I are due for our 6 month exam & cleaning and would like some opinions on the local dentists.We've been here 5 months and this is one of the things we've put off but now it's time to wait no longer .Any help in this matter would be appreciated...Thanks
I have been going to Dr. Jerkins in Fruitland Park for about ten years. Good service, pleasant atmosphere.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:31 PM
Veteran member

We've been using Dr. Whitt on 27/441 (south of The Villages) for the last 5 years and we've had no problems with them. If you have an emergency they usually fit you in the same day you call.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:46 PM
Eternal Member

I started with Village Dental, then switched to Marion Dental 6 years ago. They are awesome. I go to Dr. Edwards. He's great. When I needed a cap years back, my other dentist wanted $1000,00, Marion Dental was $630.00
Old 02-11-2010, 08:18 PM

I go to Village Dental. Great facility, skilled practitioners, very clean, ultra modern equipment, but, in my opinion, very expensive.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:28 AM
Bosoxfan

Thanks all for some useful info
Old 02-21-2010, 08:29 AM
Thumbs up Dentist

We started with Dr. Lesh. Great Place. Fit me in the same day.
He didn't oversell anything.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:21 AM
Gold member

My wife is totally elated with Palm Ridge Dental (352) 391-9930. She has had a wonderful experience (her words). Believe me, that's an extreme compliment - her idea of a good time doesn't come close to a dental office! Good prices and excellent care and service. Reem Jaber is her dentist and we've heard great things about Kathleen Williams out of the same office. ... and by the way, we learned about them from this forum. Do a search on Kathleen Williams.

Hope this helps.

Xavier

Last edited by Xavier; 02-22-2010 at 12:10 PM.
Old 02-22-2010, 07:19 AM
Default Dentist needed

My husband and I are retired Navy and have Delta Dental any dentists out there that takes our dental insurance.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:48 AM

Both my husband and I go to Dr. Kathleen Williams at Palm Ridge Dental. She knows we don't have dental insurance and gives us quotes before we have work done. We get cleanings 2x year, and I just recently had 3 teeth bonded at $200 a tooth. When she and my husband didn't like the way one tooth looked after bonding she spent 2 more appointments working with it until they were satisfied. No charge for the extra appts. She has never insisted or suggested any work that we did not agree or ask for. I highly recommend her and her staff. Even the "office girls" are all former professional hygenists. BTW-Check earlier posts on dental recommendations re: Village Dental before decidiing to go there.
Old 02-22-2010, 01:38 PM
Talking Recommendations on a Dentist

If you need to get rid of extra money... go to Village Dental... they will give you a "treatment plan" that will open your mouth and pocket book... then give you a rose to "make" you smile.....been there done that. My husband and I go to Marion Dental on 441 by Billy's Cafe. Dr. Edwards is a great dentist, cares for his patients, doesn't do more than you need, and fees are more reasonable.
Good Luck!
Old 02-22-2010, 02:20 PM
Default Dentistry

We go to Buena Vista Dental, Dr. Barnett located in Laurel Manor Shopping Center. He is a caring dentist and health provider and has a very professional staff.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:30 PM
Bosoxfan

Once again thank you everybody for the referrals!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.