Tri County Foot and Ankle bill for $1.40...really

Closed Thread
Old 12-30-2018, 01:29 PM
Default Tri County Foot and Ankle bill for $1.40...really

I went to Tri County Foot and Ankle with pain in my heel. First appointment they took xrays and I paid $40.00 copay. I returned 2 weeks later as I did not get any relief with the exercises that were given to me and I received an injection in my heel and paid $40.00 copay. I just received a bill for $16.80...$15.40 from the first visit and $1.40 for the second as my insurance didn't cover the full amount...really ? I mailed out a check but I think this is crazy...nickel, dimming seniors to death...
Old 12-30-2018, 02:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Daily Run View Post
I went to Tri County Foot and Ankle with pain in my heel. First appointment they took xrays and I paid $40.00 copay. I returned 2 weeks later as I did not get any relief with the exercises that were given to me and I received an injection in my heel and paid $40.00 copay. I just received a bill for $16.80...$15.40 from the first visit and $1.40 for the second as my insurance didn't cover the full amount...really ? I mailed out a check but I think this is crazy...nickel, dimming seniors to death...
You owed them $16.80 not covered by your insurance. Why are you annoyed?
Old 12-30-2018, 03:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
You owed them $16.80 not covered by your insurance. Why are you annoyed?
I agree, you chose your insurance carrier....you should be complaining to them, not about the provider.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 12-31-2018, 01:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Insurance health care in general is racket, they know if they don’t pay or pay enough you have to pay. Just be glad you didn’t have to Hospital were the really nickel and dime you for crap they didn’t provide if you look real closely to bill.
Old 01-01-2019, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
I agree, you chose your insurance carrier....you should be complaining to them, not about the provider.
Unfortunately I did not chose my insurance as I work full time although I should be retired. My employer has chosen my insurance for me and I do pay a lot for it plus I pay $140.00 a month out of pocket for Medicare since I am not at my full retirement age. We need to remember that there are some people who live in The Villages that are not as financially secure as others and we are just trying to enjoy a comfortable life. We don't all drive fancy cars and live in premier homes. I know with my dentist he accepts what the insurance offers and doesn't send me a bill for $1.40.
Old 01-01-2019, 08:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

I am sorry you are disappointed but that's how insurance works.
Old 01-01-2019, 09:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Unfortunately I did not chose my insurance as I work full time although I should be retired. My employer has chosen my insurance for me and I do pay a lot for it plus I pay $140.00 a month out of pocket for Medicare since I am not at my full retirement age. We need to remember that there are some people who live in The Villages that are not as financially secure as others and we are just trying to enjoy a comfortable life. We don't all drive fancy cars and live in premier homes. I know with my dentist he accepts what the insurance offers and doesn't send me a bill for $1.40.
My husband retired yesterday after almost sixty years gainfully employed. You just might be surprised at how many people got here and the sacrifices they made during their whole lives.

Last edited by graciegirl; 01-01-2019 at 09:40 AM.
Old 01-01-2019, 09:36 AM
Sage

Unfortunately, at our age the biggest budget item is healthcare. We were once covered by insurance that was secondary to Medicare. Often there would be a balance left that we had to pay. I called the insurance company and asked why they didn't pay the entire 20% remainder after Medicare paid. The answer was that the Medicare-approved amount exceeded their "usual and customary" fee schedule. We dumped that insurance and got a Medigap Plan.
Old 01-01-2019, 10:29 AM
Email Reported As Spam
Default Billing

[QUOTE=My Daily Run;1611645]I went to Tri County Foot and Ankle with pain in my heel. First appointment they took xrays and I paid $40.00 copay. I returned 2 weeks later as I did not get any relief with the exercises that were given to me and I received an injection in my heel and paid $40.00 copay. I just received a bill for $16.80...$15.40 from the first visit and $1.40 for the second as my insurance didn't cover the full amount...really ? I mailed out a check but I think this is crazy...nickel, dimming seniors to death...[/QUO

Hi, yes, here in the villages, we found, the meds and the dentists just look at us as cash cows, sock it to em. IT is really disgusting and there is no help, no one cares, hey, you old folks, pay up and go away. And, another real issue. The med persons all have too many techs, so many PA persons and they simply pass us on and on and it is a major issue, Make an appointment to see a doctor and then it is tech, tech tech. So now, I have written a letter, I take it in, if I am not going to see a doctor, then cancel my appointment, we will see how that works? Good luck. Wish there was a citizens group to generate some leverage against the rip offs here. Keep growing the money tree for all the leeches.
Old 01-01-2019, 11:31 AM
Sage

Lots of numbers get crunched when you’re paying for health care and insurance is involved. I can’t for the life of me figure out why you’d be upset when all the figures are eventually finalized and the bottom line is you owe a few dollars.
Old 01-01-2019, 01:16 PM
Sage

We're retired and like our insurance. That said, when I have labs done we generally get a bill (it's small) I think for around $3.00. I'm not sure how the benefits will pan out now that's a new year. I guess this is a part of a co-pay and we don't feel we're "nickled and dimed". We don't live in a Premier home nor drive a fancy/expensive car. We live modestly and are thrilled to be blessed to live here.
Old 01-01-2019, 03:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

[QUOTE=Brawnwy123;1612161]
Quote:
I went to Tri County Foot and Ankle with pain in my heel. First appointment they took xrays and I paid $40.00 copay. I returned 2 weeks later as I did not get any relief with the exercises that were given to me and I received an injection in my heel and paid $40.00 copay. I just received a bill for $16.80...$15.40 from the first visit and $1.40 for the second as my insurance didn't cover the full amount...really ? I mailed out a check but I think this is crazy...nickel, dimming seniors to death...[/QUO

Hi, yes, here in the villages, we found, the meds and the dentists just look at us as cash cows, sock it to em. IT is really disgusting and there is no help, no one cares, hey, you old folks, pay up and go away. And, another real issue. The med persons all have too many techs, so many PA persons and they simply pass us on and on and it is a major issue, Make an appointment to see a doctor and then it is tech, tech tech. So now, I have written a letter, I take it in, if I am not going to see a doctor, then cancel my appointment, we will see how that works? Good luck. Wish there was a citizens group to generate some leverage against the rip offs here. Keep growing the money tree for all the leeches.
You need to shop for a new doc. I don’t have your issues.
Old 01-01-2019, 05:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,413 Times in 5,106 Posts

[QUOTE=Bogie Shooter;1612293]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brawnwy123 View Post
You need to shop for a new doc. I don’t have your issues.
I agree. It seems strange that the OP paid a $40 copay, has Medicare and private group insurance, and still owed $15.40 for a visit to a podiatrist. Medicare alone should have paid 80 percent of the charges. What did the private insurance pay? I would be interested in seeing the total charges for the first visit.
Old 01-01-2019, 08:49 PM
Default Re: Your bill for $1.40

Quote:
First of all in many cases, in most cases the billing is handled by a computer. There is no logical brain that says by the time we print and mail a bill for $1.40 it will cost more than $1.40 to collect it.

RE: your employer chose the insurance plan
You might want to discover what it costs your employer. I think you will be shocked. Also, for you it is untaxed income. There are many books on the subject. Medical costs are rising far faster than the rate of inflation. I don't know who you work for or what you do but to stay in business you must make a profit.
If, your boss was to give you the best coverage in the world and the cost exceeds what you produce in value one day you will show up for work and find signs-OUT OF BUSINESS.
Old 01-01-2019, 09:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,413 Times in 5,106 Posts

Under the Affordable Care Act, I don't think employers have a choice. They are required to provide health insurance to fulltime employees if they have 50 or more employees. And, the plan must be affordable (based on a percent of income) and it must cover certain things. It's the law.
Closed Thread

Tags
received, heel, tri, copay, $40.00

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.