Closed Thread
Old 03-19-2016, 09:03 AM
Default Rehab facilities

Would like your experience at The Villages Rehab and Nursing Facility

You can PM me if you prefer
Old 03-19-2016, 09:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

My mother was in there for close to 5 months. In short, a sacral wound was at a stage she could no longer live at an assisted living facility. Villages Rehab has an excellent program to get people back on track to return to their home, from a physical therapy standpoint. The rooms are adequate, and, like every other nursing/rehab facility, there are good nurses and CNA's, as well as bad ones. Just like in a hospital setting, I found it extremely helpful to be an advocate for my moms care, rather than assuming the doctors and nurses will keep a close eye on her. Prior to my mom passing away (in the hospital), I was disappointed in the nursing staff for not assessing my mom, as she was basically being narcotized to the point that she was completely out of it and unresponsive. While I realize the doctor writes the scripts, I felt the nursing staff could've been more attentive to her deteriorating condition. Her last and final trip to the hospital occurred only after I insisted she be transported. Her CO2 levels were off the charts, which caused her condition mentioned above. In all, I find the facility to be adequate, and the physical therapy portion to be excellent.
Closed Thread

Tags
rehab, facility, prefer, nursing, villages, facilities, experience

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.