Rehabilitation Suggestions

Closed Thread
Old 11-02-2016, 09:45 PM
Veteran member
Default Rehabilitation Suggestions

I need suggestions for rehab for the wife too weak to come home. Please do not suggest The Villages rehab and Nursing facility. In less than twelve hours there she was left alone fell screamed at and had to return to the hospital for 5 days and counting. Also I was never notified.
Old 11-03-2016, 06:50 AM

My husband was in HealthSouth Rehab in Ocala. Fantastic place for Rehab. But you have to be her advocate with the rest of the staff. The care is good if you stay on top of it.
Old 11-03-2016, 06:58 PM

The Club in Mulberry was good for my friend.
Old 11-03-2016, 07:55 PM
Default Rehabilitation suggestions

The Club Mulberry helped my brother, I agree you always have to watch over your loved ones no matter where they are.
Old 11-03-2016, 08:23 PM
Platinum member

Stay away from Lady Lakes specialty care.
Old 11-03-2016, 09:11 PM
Gold member

Ditto for Club at Mulberry and add Freedom Pointe to good place for rehab. It is across street from The Villages Hospital.
Old 11-04-2016, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laceylady View Post
My husband was in HealthSouth Rehab in Ocala. Fantastic place for Rehab. But you have to be her advocate with the rest of the staff. The care is good if you stay on top of it.
I agree. HealthSouth Rehab in Ocala is a first class place with an outstanding system of support - doctors, nurses, rehab specialits, nutritionists. pain management, psychologists, case management, etc.
Old 11-06-2016, 11:12 PM
Veteran member

Stay away from Brownwood. Understaffed and poor monitoring .
Old 11-06-2016, 11:32 PM
Platinum member
Smile Freedom Pointe

During my four month stay at The Club in The Villages they made the Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) had to do double duty as servers of the meal trays, both in the small Dining Room and to the individual rooms. If you pressed your bedside Call button for assistance they simply ignored the call until after dinner was served. My problem had me confined to bed, so it was particularly frustrating because I could not even get into a wheelchair and go to to the door and complain. There was a high turnover in CNAs due to frustration with working conditions and poor scheduling. I don't know how it is now. Their exercise facility is excellent and I feel I had very good Physical Therapists. I'm sure they were unhappy that my recovery was so slow, but my surgery had been major. I don't think I received enough physical therapy during the day. Again, I blame poor scheduling. Some PTs confided in me that they also disliked the scheduling operation.

I also spent some weeks in Freedom Pointe rehab facility a few months after I had been at home. By this time I could walk a short distance with a walker. I was in Freedom Pointe after a relatively minor operation not related to my spine. The food was excellent. The physical therapy equipment was very primitive and low-tech when compared to The Club, but the Therapists themselves were very dedicated. The Medical Director at Freedom Pointe was Dr. Angel Tafur, who is also my personal physician. He could be seen there virtually every morning going through the medical charts along with his ARNP Lauren Tafur, who is also his lovely wife.

If (God Forbid) I should need to go into a rehab facility again, I would chose Freedom Pointe. (Did I mention that the food was excellent?)

Tags
rehab, suggestions, screamed, fell, left

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.