Reinvent me iv lounge - must read

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 06-21-2019, 09:20 AM

Default Reinvent me iv lounge - must read

Please do your research before choosing a place for IV health infusions. If done correctly, I believe that there is a great benefit to these infusions. I want to be sure that people with health problems, who are searching for any alternative that might work, is more careful than I was. I was having problems with fatigue and breathing, low blood pressure and low grade fever. I had had the flu two months ago and was going downhill ever since. Lost significant weight in a month. Doctors not helping, so I went for one of the IV health infusions. They had my history, didn't look at my blood work, saw that my blood pressure was low, and the doctor proceeded with the infusion. He placed the IV in my wrist, which I've since come to find out is where the veins are thinnest. As soon as he inserted it, the pain below and above were severe. My hand hurt, and the pain travelled up my arm. I told the doctor how sore it was, and he said it would subside. It got worse, the doctor slowed down the drip, and then upped it again. After at least an 1-1/2 hours (I think it was that long), I complained so much he stopped it.

I have found out now that once someone has that much pain from an IV, it should be removed, placed much higher, or not continued at all. I actually passed out from the pain. By the way, no one was in the room with me at all during the procedure. They told me that they were monitoring me on their computers. What if the IV shifted when I wasn't awake? No one checked. Finally the doctor decided to call it quits and sent me home. My hand and arm had minor spasms, but it seems there is no residual effects.

So, a company is only as good as its followup, or how they handle a difficult situation. After several days of trying, I finally got in touch with the Director of Operations. I was told they would check the video of the procedure and call me back. Talk with the doctor who did the procedure.
After multiple calls to them, I realized they were ignoring my calls. Yesterday, when I called the Vice President of the Company, she defended her company, and didn't hear anything I was saying. I did question whether the doctor was actually a doctor, and she started yelling at me. Well, the doctor who does the infusions also is an attorney and a gynecologist. Very impressive.

Please be careful. This could have caused irreparable damage to the surrounding tissue in my arm, nerve damage, or worse. Oh my!!!

Old 06-21-2019, 09:53 AM
Platinum member

I sure hope you follow this up with Morgan & Morgan, and the State licensing board, as well as the State Bar Assn.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2019, 10:05 AM
Veteran member

Your post is excellent warning, thank you for sharing.
Old 06-21-2019, 10:41 AM
Gold member

///

Last edited by bagboy; 06-21-2019 at 11:46 AM.
Old 06-21-2019, 10:57 AM
Sage

I am so sorry this happened to you. After a couple of very painful IV needles stuck in my hand up near the wrist (and like you, the pain did not subside), I flat out refuse to have it placed there anymore. In fact my husband comes along as my advocate. Sometimes the nurse will try to insist, saying she can't find a vein higher up, which is hogwash because my bloodwork is always drawn higher up. My husband will politely request that someone be called in who will be able to insert the IV in a less painful place. It always works. I think it has to do with the competence of the nurse. We found a huge difference between University of Michigan and the hospital in little Muskegon, Michigan, for instance. At U of M, I was told by my doctor that the nurses have to practice for a year before being allowed to actually place an IV in a patient. If the nurses at U of M can place an IV higher up in a non-painful place, the other nurses are just unpracticed and/or lazy.

I hope you feel better soon. If not, consider going to UF Gainesville or Mayo or Cleveland Clinic, both in Florida. I wish you well.
Old 06-22-2019, 08:22 AM
Platinum member

Thank you, CFrance. I've had them struggle and fail to putIVs in the hand/wrist, all the awhile causing a lot of pain. I'm small-framed anyway. From now on I'll insist they go farther up the arm.
Old 06-22-2019, 08:48 AM
Sage

An IV lounge, sounds so inviting.. They also offer a hangover treatment.

Looking For An IV Lounge Near Me? Look No Further!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 07-02-2019, 10:39 PM

Absolutely. And The Better Business Bureaus. Just negligence. Wonder about how their reviews scored them.

Live Well ~ Laugh Often ~ Love Much

Caroline F/T 2009-2011. San Diego since 2011. TV bound mid September, 2019.
Old 07-03-2019, 10:17 AM
Platinum member

Of course they didn't look at your history or your lab work. You do understand that an IV lounge is fad not a therapy. If you are able to drink fluids you can hydrate quite nicely by mouth. If you are severely dehydrated, in shock, or have unremitting vomiting you might benefit from IV fluids. You were going to receive whatever fluid they could sell you, and you could then proceed to pee it out over the next few hours. There is zero difference in the body's handling of fluids and water soluble vitamins if taken by mouth or taken via an IV. The body absorbs what it needs and excretes the rest. In the absence of a disorder of the GI system which prevents oral treatment working, you are wasting your time and your money. One wonders, does this doctor bill medicare for your IV therapy? That might be fraud. The fact that this is a "Lounge" is a giant clue that it is a lifestyle choice not a medical treatment. The placebo effect can be helpful. And the more you pay the more effective the placebo.

Having said all that, rapid IV infusions are best given through a large vein for example the inside of the elbow. Slow rates are often given in a vein in the back of the hand. Either way, it should not be painful.
I was a stranger and you WELCOMED ME : Matt 25:35, real Christianity
Reinvent Me IV Lounge followup
Old 08-07-2019, 05:44 AM

Default Reinvent Me IV Lounge followup

Thank you all for your responses to my Reinvent Me IV Lounge. The improperly placed iv has left me with damage to my hand. My hand has spasms and has left my left pinkie distorted. What to do now? I am a pianist.

Tags
doctor, infusions, pain, company, procedure