Restless leg syndrome

Closed Thread
Old 02-14-2020, 08:21 AM
theruizs

My doctor in Iowa started me on Tramadol for my RLS and back pain. It is a very mild narcotic. The pain doctor here upped the dosage. I was told originally that it was not habit forming. Now of course they know it is extremely addictive. It works very well but now I am in a fight to get off of it. If anywhere in your search for help a doctor wants you to try Tramadol, RUN!
Old 02-14-2020, 08:38 AM

Have your ferritin levels checked. Your ferritin should be 70-75. You could be low in iron. I also use magnesium oil and rub in on my legs before bed. Get this at health food store like The Green Apple
Old 02-14-2020, 09:21 AM

Sleep apnea can definitely be related. My sleep doctor did blood work to check for anemia. You might want to try some over the counter Vitamin B12 and see how you feel.
Old 02-14-2020, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy and Ed View Post
I have been using a half benedryl tablet with a cup of camomile tea. Interestingly I find that if I have any hoppy beer I always get rls that night. Strange but true
That’s weird. The only times I suffer from RLS is after taking Benedryl.
Old 02-14-2020, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ureout View Post
does anyone suffer from RLS ? do you take a R/X --- OTC pills or liquid that helps
Requip prescription. It's a drug for Parkinson's but works well for RL Syndrome. Also, just wearing socks to bed might help.
Old 02-14-2020, 10:39 AM
Default Rls

I have had RLS, still do sometimes but it used to be bad and I was up for hours at night, even had it sitting watching TV. I was anemic which was what the doctor thought was causing it. I was told to take magnesium, helped very little. I don’t like taking drugs unless absolutely necessary. I found Beauty Iron gummies on Amazon after trying a lot of other iron supplements. They do not cause stomach or constipation issues. Just don’t eat or take medicine an hour before or after you take the gummies, and drink a glass of water. The dosage is 3 gummies, I take 4. Doing good on them but once in awhile I still get RLS. I found caffeine brings them on so I avoid it. A few things that work good for me are a ice pack (use till area is super cold), massage biofreeze into the area a few times, last resort I do leg exercises for 15-20 minutes with light leg weights. Those three things seem to work pretty good. Good luck, RLS is not fun.
Old 02-14-2020, 10:43 AM

Vitamin B5.
Old 02-14-2020, 10:45 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northerner52 View Post
Pramipexole Dihydro Tabs0.25 mg

Mirapex ER (pramipexole dihydrochloride) is a dopamine agonist used alone or with other medications to treat Parkinson's disease. Mirapex ER is also used to treat restless legs syndrome (RLS).
My mother benefits from taking Pramipexole, but she has to remember to take it 2 hours before bedtime for it to really work.
Old 02-14-2020, 11:14 AM

Try Hyland’s Restful Legs...homeopathic and works for me. You can get it at any drugstore.
Old 02-14-2020, 12:25 PM

I have had this for about 5 years. It was discovered in a sleep study. I take a rx called pramipexole. I take 1 before bedtime and it works.
Old 02-14-2020, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ureout View Post
does anyone suffer from RLS ? do you take a R/X --- OTC pills or liquid that helps
My wife has very sever RLS now for three years. It has been so sever that she couldn't go to sleep until 4 or 5 o'clock in the morning every night for 3 years. The did a sleep study but the doctors never told till to get back with her . So we have a very wonderful NP who is better than any doctor we've ever visited for 50 years. She sent her to a sleep doctor and he has really helped her. She now takes 1 requip 1 MG, 2 gabapentin 300 MG each at 9pm. Then she takes a sleeping pill, 1 ( temazapam)30 Mg. before she goes to bed.This has really helped her, Good Luck, we know how bad it can be for people. Jan & Jim
Old 02-14-2020, 04:40 PM
Location: Mt. AIRY NC, NORFOLK VA, VA BEACH, VA, FT WAYNE,IN, CINCINNATI, OH, ROSWELL, GA, THE VILLAGES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhoude View Post
My husband has rls and he got an extra from his pcp for ropinirole and it helps
I take the same.
Old 02-14-2020, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridget Eichaker View Post
I have suffered for many years and for me nothing worked and I have tried everything across the counter & RX. I am told that CBD oil works not willing to go that route yet because of the marijuana content, it’s very small amount but it’s still marijuana. Currently I take gabapentin which is ok not the best
I take CBD daily and it's very safe, unlike prescription drugs. s It has helped me in so many ways and restless legs is one of them. It is not marijuana. There are two strains of Cannabis. One is marijuana and the other is Hemp. It is from the hemp plant with less than .03% THC. If you are interested you can check out this site MyDailyChoice:: WELCOME!
Old 02-14-2020, 07:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,358 Times in 2,509 Posts

Some of the prescription drugs, and their side effects prescribed here, are truly frightening.
Research the natural remedies before going for the hard stuff.
Doctors are paid to prescribe, and earn their living from prescribing.
A little research into non life threatening syndromes can prevent a lot of the side effets of prescription drugs.
Just read some of the possible side effects of some of the recommended drug company cures on this post.
I would not touch most of the with a barge pole!
Old 02-14-2020, 07:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,468 Times in 3,093 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridget Eichaker View Post
I have suffered for many years and for me nothing worked and I have tried everything across the counter & RX. I am told that CBD oil works not willing to go that route yet because of the marijuana content, it’s very small amount but it’s still marijuana. Currently I take gabapentin which is ok not the best
I feel like you're confusing things quite a bit, or getting misinformation.

CBD doesn't "contain" marijuana. Marijuana is not an ingredient in CBD.

It's actually the complete opposite:

CBD is a component of cannabis. Cannabis contains CBD. But that's not all. Cannabis contains lots of components.

The CBD content present in most products is extracted from the hemp plant, which is *not* the plant containing THC. THC is the component that "gets you high." It is not present in hemp plants.
Closed Thread

Tags
restless, liquid, pills, otc, r/x

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.