Revenue Bonds to Finance Hospital

Closed Thread
Old 05-04-2020, 08:18 AM
Sage
Default Revenue Bonds to Finance Hospital

I'm not sure if I should post here or in Finances

From today's Daily Sun:
The Sumter County Commission approved an agreement Tuesday to issue revenue bonds to finance development of a new UF Health acute-care hospital in The Villages. In December, UF Health anticipated completing construction within 2.5 years. The planned bond issue also would retire the county's existing health care revenue bonds.

So, plans for a new hospital seem to be well underway -- estimated cost, location determined, timing prepared, etc.
Old 05-04-2020, 08:21 AM

Maybe its just the continuing absorption and expansion of the current Villages Hospital up there on 441
Old 05-04-2020, 04:01 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

I thought they were adding on. UF may need bigger departments for research if there is no CON then no more beds can be added
Old 05-04-2020, 07:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
I thought they were adding on. UF may need bigger departments for research if there is no CON then no more beds can be added
The December press release stated that a new hospital will be built.

"The Villages® and University of Florida Health announced their intent today to develop a comprehensive health care campus that will offer a full portfolio of education, research, and advanced health care and wellness services for The Villages community, including construction of a new general acute care hospital.
Full Press Release

Also, the Florida legislature recently eliminated the requirement for a CON, Certificate of Need. In other words, the submission and review of a CON is no longer required before building a new hospital.
Old 05-04-2020, 07:52 PM

So without the CON its back to the glory days of 'build baby, build"
Closed Thread

Tags
revenue, health, hospital, bonds, issue

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.