Rose Wellness Clinic

Closed Thread
Old 02-03-2021, 10:24 AM

Three years ago I was diagnosed with degenerative disc disease in my upper neck. No pain but had pretty bad vertigo. I was diagnosed with an ear infection by my primary doctor and went through several rounds of antibiotics. I was finally sent to an ENT doctor who said I did not have an ear infection but did send me for a CT scan, which showed the degeneration. My primary doctor wanted to send me for 'pain' management shots even though pain was not the issue. When they called from the pain management office to schedule me for an appointment, I said no for right now as I wanted to go for PT. I ended up at Rose Wellness. Chad Rose is a chiropractor and he put me through a couple of sessions, one of which was stretching my neck. At the same time, I was also working with an excellent PT. I told Dr. Rose that I no longer wanted chiropractic services and only wanted PT. After a couple of sessions per week over several weeks I felt well. No pain and no vertigo. The next year I developed vertigo again and I had another round of PT at Rose Wellness; again for vertigo only. My former PT had left the practice and the PT I had this time was fine but not nearly as good as my first PT.

I do exercises that the first PT recommended and, as before, I have no pain but I still have occasional vertigo. When I do, I take a very mild dose of meclizine (over the counter for motion sickness) and that addresses any vertigo I am feeling.

The bottom line is that the vertigo is definitely related to the disc degeneration but NO ONE had been able to explain why. I just live with it for now.

I can't speak as to the current conditions at Rose Wellness. I can only say that the first PT I had was knowledgeable and professional and was very helpful.
Old 02-03-2021, 03:34 PM

Etheridge Chiropractic has helped me a lot in the past. He has decompression tables that gently stretch your back and another for your neck that I have found to work wonders. There are many other treatments available too. I have only been treated by Dr. Etheridge himself, so that is whom I recommend. I have found the entire staff to be professional and the Dr. will not ask you to go beyond the point when you are feeling well. He has been the only Chiropractor I have found to be effective and completely honest after many tries in NYC.

Last edited by MJCtalk; 02-03-2021 at 03:41 PM.
Old 02-03-2021, 03:44 PM
Default Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnoz View Post
not Impressed either. They do as much as they can to stay within the limits of Medicare. IMHO, this is a place to minimize minor aches and pains and make you feel better. If you have a real problem go to a reputable pain doctor. They should order an MRI and real X-ray to diagnosis the problem. I strongly recommend the pain clinic on 466 next to Rolling acres road. You may need a referral from your family doctor. They are great.
I agree that the Pain clinic on Rte 466 is wonderful.
Old 02-03-2021, 05:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVES View Post
Many years ago I had a friend who gave me mussel relaxers for a back issue. They have been used for years. Side effects are very rare. One day problem done.
The OP is experiencing pain just like myself, most likely a degenerative back caused by arthritis and loss of cartilage between the vertebrate. That's totally different than a muscle relaxer. My pain was cured with an inversion table, some will need fusion surgery, for others an adjustment will work, it didn't work for me.

A pain within the muscles is totally different, I had that initially in 2005 at which time I saw a back doctor and he prescribed a muscle relaxer named Flexeril. It was very cheap, about $7 for 30 pills and they relieved that pain. That will not work on the type of back pain the OP and myself now have. After moving to TV in 2011 and I began working out at MVP, playing softball and golf more often, those muscle pains went away. If anyone needs a good muscle relaxer, ask your doctor for Flexeril, as you say it has very little side effects, mostly will make you sleepy.
Old 02-03-2021, 06:01 PM

Too bad about your experience. My wife and I have been there many times and they have really helped us especially my wife. She did tell them she wanted masks on all staff and they complied.
Closed Thread

Tags
back, doctor, pain, lower, x-ray

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.