Rx problems with Walgreens

Closed Thread
Old 01-24-2020, 10:10 AM

I've used Walgreens at Lake Deaton several times...I've never had an issue with prescriptions.
Old 01-24-2020, 10:15 AM
Sage

Mr 07 used Walgreens at Colony for years...took forever to get anyone on the phone, long lines inside and out for service, and a few screwups along the way. I convinced him to switch to Publix/Colony...night and day difference in service and responsiveness.

Disadvantage is that Publix is local to Florida/South while Walgreens is nationwide. So, for snowbirds/renters, Walgreens does have an advantage.
Old 01-24-2020, 10:57 AM

I had problems with Walgreens on 441. I had to call the district manager twice. I was told that he had more bad problems with that particular store than all of his district combined. I switched to a different pharmacy. I must say that I have had problems with other pharmacies in the area, but not as bad as that Walgreens.
Old 01-25-2020, 04:54 PM

I love the Winn Dixie pharmacy.
No lines usually and I order by phone.
I have 90 day refills.
Easy and always great service.
Old 01-25-2020, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookesil View Post
Had same issues but need to stay with them because we travel back and forth between MN and FL and it makes it easier to have one source for my prescriptions. Otherwise, I would change too.
I have been with CVS for decades. I believe they were the first to be able to transfer your prescriptions to different locations. I have traveled for work and for pleasure, and have not had a problem getting my refills, wherever I am in the US. In the Villages, I use the Avenida Central location. Now CVS is also located in Target stores. They are all in the same network. I receive text reminders when it is time to process a refill. It is automatically refilled at the last location used, and if you need that changed, call where you want to pick it up, and ask them to transfer your refill to that location. Hope this helps.
Old 01-29-2020, 10:00 PM

BEEN USING THEM FOR 6 years. Never had a problem I also get 15% discount for other items with my military I.D.
Old 01-31-2020, 08:28 AM
Default Thanks for all the replies

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedfromGA View Post
Since arriving in TV we have been using Walgreens for prescriptions. I use the Walgreens website to order prescription refills and have generally been pleased with the service and price. However; across the 13 months of our TV life, Walgreens has “lost” two prescription refill requests. The solution identified by Walgreens staff has been to “re-order” the prescription. I’m normally not a “3 times and your out” type of person, but 2 times is sufficient for me to seek other sources.

Any recommendations for a pharmacy in the TV area having a better track record?

Thanks in advance.
Looks like Publix is recommended by most. The Walgreens website to refill Rx has been down for the last 3 days.... We have moved to Publix. Thanks again.
Closed Thread

Tags
walgreens, prescription, times, i’m, person

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.