Sciatica nerve

Closed Thread
Old 11-25-2019, 03:58 PM
Send a message via AIM to rjcataniajr

I have had several of these and they can be excruciating. The first one, I had to go to the emergency room at 3:00 am. You never know when you are going to get them and there is nothing you can do about it except getting a shot for pain immediately. Had the MRI and that's where it reared it's ugly little head !
Old 11-25-2019, 04:05 PM

Had all the shots, did absolutely nothing for me. Now trying the Pigeon Pose. Lot of people did get relief from this exercise. Will see how it goes !
Old 11-28-2019, 06:35 PM
Default Painful

rjcataniajr,
Sciatica is sooo painful. The pigeon pose is a good stretch but be prepared for soreness. Hang in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjcataniajr View Post
Had all the shots, did absolutely nothing for me. Now trying the Pigeon Pose. Lot of people did get relief from this exercise. Will see how it goes !
Old 11-28-2019, 11:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Bellaboy, you seem to have tried all the conventional routes. Now I would recommend trying David Kuhn on 301, a chiropractor. After physical therapy made my problem worse, I went to him and he gave me relief. He is an old-fashioned chiropractor with only a few bells and whistles, but magic hands with your back. If you have an MRI and take it to him, he can set up a series of corrections that medicare will cover (if you are of that age).

One other thing... My sciatica problem had gone away after I quit the tennis team in 1997, but it reared its ugly head again when we moved down here permanently in 2013. (We had been living in a three-story condo up north.) After a few years in a one-story house here, I could barely walk. That's when I went through PT and on to the chiro. Now we have a summer home that is two stories, so must do stairs a lot (the one bathroom is upstairs) and it's in a spot where we do a lot of hiking on uneven ground. Lo and behold, my back problem has disappeared. I think the unevenness of terrain plus going up and down stairs again has realigned my back to alleviate the problem. Of course, that is my non-medical-degree guess. However, Anytime Fitness has a stair stepper, if maybe that would help you. Good luck; I know the pain.
Old 12-08-2019, 10:20 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I used the most powerful CBD cream I could find. I woke up one morning and found I had no pain-----WONDERFUL !!!

It also cured my Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 12-09-2019, 10:43 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I would recommend trying David Kuhn on 301, a chiropractor. I went to him and he gave me relief. He is an old-fashioned chiropractor with only a few bells and whistles, but magic hands with your back.
I've also gone to David Kuhn for sciatica, and he helped me.
Old 12-11-2019, 10:05 AM

was wondering who your neurosurgeon was and did someone recommend him.
thank you
Old 12-30-2019, 04:57 PM
Default Back alignment

I finally took a chance and went to see Chiropractor, Dr. Kuhn in Wildwood. He could tell there was extreme tightness in my lower back causing pain on the sciatic nerve. He relieved some of the discomfort but I think it is still too soon to tell how long before this condition will heal. The pain and soreness continues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILLAGERBB View Post
Thank you all for your input. I do a series of stretches every day/evening but struggle to maintain a pain-free calf. The piriformis kicks up now and then plus I have plantar faciitis which requires stretching, taping, ice/heat/massage and acetaminophen. It is exhausting but I know one day this misery will end.
Old 12-30-2019, 05:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,617 Times in 5,196 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILLAGERBB View Post
I finally took a chance and went to see Chiropractor, Dr. Kuhn in Wildwood. He could tell there was extreme tightness in my lower back causing pain on the sciatic nerve. He relieved some of the discomfort but I think it is still too soon to tell how long before this condition will heal. The pain and soreness continues.
Thanks for the update. I really hope you are able to get relief from your pain. But, mark me down as highly skeptical that a chiropractor can permanently cure any medical condition.
Old 12-30-2019, 05:35 PM
Sage

Last edited by Barefoot; 12-30-2019 at 06:03 PM.
Old 12-30-2019, 05:41 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Dear OP,

i hope you will get an MRI if you have not already had one.

Somewhere in this from-a-while-ago thread I wrote about the possibility that a synovial cyst could be causing your issue. Synovial cysts will not show up on an x-ray and can cause excruciating pain, compressing nerves to the point where even walking can become agonizing.
Old 12-30-2019, 05:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,617 Times in 5,196 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Dear OP,

i hope you will get an MRI if you have not already had one.

Somewhere in this from-a-while-ago thread I wrote about the possibility that a synovial cyst could be causing your issue. Synovial cysts will not show up on an x-ray and can cause excruciating pain, compressing nerves to the point where even walking can become agonizing.
I agree with the MRI. It will very likely show you what is causing the pain. A chiropractor will tell you to keep coming back again and again and keep charging you money. And, if you happen to get better, he will claim that he cured you, even though what really cured you was your own body and time, not the chiropractor. Just my opinion.
Old 01-17-2020, 03:23 PM
Default Chiropractor question:

CHIROPRACTOR QUESTION:

Need to see a chiropractor and went to see Compton to make an appointment. I had all the notes from MRI of lower back along with disk. They told me there is a $228 evaluation fee. I never heard of this before and neither did my insurance company , Florida Blue. Do all the chiropractors have this type of fee? Florida Blue agent said they and most other insurances only cover "manipulation".

Your thoughts?...and thank you
Old 01-17-2020, 03:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjcataniajr View Post
CHIROPRACTOR QUESTION:

Need to see a chiropractor and went to see Compton to make an appointment. I had all the notes from MRI of lower back along with disk. They told me there is a $228 evaluation fee. I never heard of this before and neither did my insurance company , Florida Blue. Do all the chiropractors have this type of fee? Florida Blue agent said they and most other insurances only cover "manipulation".

Your thoughts?...and thank you
I went to Dr. David Kuhn. He's got two offices, one on 301 in Wildwood and one off 441 somewhere. No consultation fee, and if you have an MRI he will set it all up with Medicare. He really helped my Sciatica after two physical therapists just made it worse.
Old 01-23-2020, 04:20 PM
Default Update

I have been trying to figure out the best way to stay in alignment by not putting a lot of pressure on my back or feet when I stand and lie down in bed; This curse is exhausting but little by little I pray it will end soon. Thank you for your comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Thanks for the update. I really hope you are able to get relief from your pain. But, mark me down as highly skeptical that a chiropractor can permanently cure any medical condition.
Closed Thread

Tags
nerve, lot, helps, pulse, machine

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.