Sciatica nerve

Sciatica nerve

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 11-25-2019, 03:58 PM

I have had several of these and they can be excruciating. The first one, I had to go to the emergency room at 3:00 am. You never know when you are going to get them and there is nothing you can do about it except getting a shot for pain immediately. Had the MRI and that's where it reared it's ugly little head !

Old 11-25-2019, 04:05 PM

Had all the shots, did absolutely nothing for me. Now trying the Pigeon Pose. Lot of people did get relief from this exercise. Will see how it goes !
The Following User Says Thank You to rjcataniajr For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Painful
Old 11-28-2019, 06:35 PM

Default Painful

rjcataniajr,
Sciatica is sooo painful. The pigeon pose is a good stretch but be prepared for soreness. Hang in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjcataniajr View Post
Had all the shots, did absolutely nothing for me. Now trying the Pigeon Pose. Lot of people did get relief from this exercise. Will see how it goes !
Old 11-28-2019, 11:31 PM
Sage

Bellaboy, you seem to have tried all the conventional routes. Now I would recommend trying David Kuhn on 301, a chiropractor. After physical therapy made my problem worse, I went to him and he gave me relief. He is an old-fashioned chiropractor with only a few bells and whistles, but magic hands with your back. If you have an MRI and take it to him, he can set up a series of corrections that medicare will cover (if you are of that age).

One other thing... My sciatica problem had gone away after I quit the tennis team in 1997, but it reared its ugly head again when we moved down here permanently in 2013. (We had been living in a three-story condo up north.) After a few years in a one-story house here, I could barely walk. That's when I went through PT and on to the chiro. Now we have a summer home that is two stories, so must do stairs a lot (the one bathroom is upstairs) and it's in a spot where we do a lot of hiking on uneven ground. Lo and behold, my back problem has disappeared. I think the unevenness of terrain plus going up and down stairs again has realigned my back to alleviate the problem. Of course, that is my non-medical-degree guess. However, Anytime Fitness has a stair stepper, if maybe that would help you. Good luck; I know the pain.

Tags
nerve, lot, helps, pulse, machine