please help

Closed Thread
Old 05-27-2011, 09:25 AM
Default please help

We will be renting in TV through the summer as our house is being built.
Papasw has just been diagnosed as a type 2 diabetic and we are literally just starting this journey. (2 wks. ago ) We need to put some doctors in place to monitor his sugar levels and also his Coumadin levels. We are looking for a recommendation for a good , caring, board certified primary care doctor.
Our insurance provider is Cigna until Medicare kicks in in Sept. I have the names of 3 docs that take our insuance in TV. Do you have any knowledge of these 3??

Dr. Michael Glick (Lady Lake)

Dr. Thumati Jagalur (TV)

Dr. Nalini Yelamanchi (TV)
We would welcome your recommendations. Thanks so much....
Old 05-27-2011, 12:17 PM
Veteran member
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimisw View Post
We will be renting in TV through the summer as our house is being built.
Papasw has just been diagnosed as a type 2 diabetic and we are literally just starting this journey. (2 wks. ago ) We need to put some doctors in place to monitor his sugar levels and also his Coumadin levels. We are looking for a recommendation for a good , caring, board certified primary care doctor.
Our insurance provider is Cigna until Medicare kicks in in Sept. I have the names of 3 docs that take our insuance in TV. Do you have any knowledge of these 3??

Dr. Michael Glick (Lady Lake)

Dr. Thumati Jagalur (TV)

Dr. Nalini Yelamanchi (TV)
We would welcome your recommendations. Thanks so much....
Be careful with the Coumadin levels, my 81 year old brother recently passed away due to an over dose of Coumadin he bleed to death. He was only supposed to take it with someone else present and he forgot and was taking it too soon.
Wanabee future TVer
Old 05-27-2011, 12:45 PM
Soaring Eagle member

My wife uses Nalini Yealamanchi and is very happy. My neighbor uses Gagular and he's happy.
Old 05-27-2011, 01:00 PM
Gold member

I use Dr. Yelamanchi and so far happy with her.

Nothing so needs reforming as other peoples habits. "Mark Twain"
Old 05-27-2011, 02:52 PM

I have Type 2 and use Dr. Jagalur. He is an internist who also specializes in treatment of diabetes. The doctor seems concerned and if very respectful of his patients. His staff is easy to work with and keeps the atmosphere as light as possible rather than the large medical factories some of us have had to endure. I like this practice and think you will too.
Old 05-27-2011, 03:01 PM
Veteran member

Dr Jagular is our primary care dr. We've seen him only once for a get acquainted visit but really liked him.

Measure your wealth not by the things that you have, but by the things you have for which you wouldn't take money.
The world needs dreamers; the world needs 'do'-ers. But most of all, the world needs dreamers who are do-ers.
Old 05-27-2011, 07:13 PM
Default thank you

Thank you for your recommendations of these doctors. I will try to set up appointments for us. I feel much better now.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:06 PM

I, as a 26 year Type II Diabetis patient, would recommend that you start off with a endocrinologist, and after initial treatments he or she may turn you over to a GP doctor. I have found that the adequacy of a GP doctor treating diabetis can be a very "iffy" thing. I have had good and I have had bad. I have had several endocrinologists over the years and my current, here in the Villages, Dr Shehzad Topiwala "Dr Topi" with Premier Medical Associates is the best I have had. He has a series of lecture and slide presentations from ground zero to advanced that he does in his office on a Saturday and they are just what you need as you start the journey.
Old 05-28-2011, 07:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,647 Times in 589 Posts

I consider myself pre-diabetic, no meds yet but I spend a lot of time and effort on diet/nutrition and exercise. There are some good threads to read here on TOTV.

I visited Topiwala "Dr Topi" and he seems very capable, perhaps a bit clinical but maybe that's ok. I still use my primary MD "up north" as my key, but Dr. Topi did give me a couple insights that generalists can miss.

Best wishes.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.