Serious Concerns about Dermatologist

Closed Thread
Old 06-01-2017, 01:16 PM
Sage

Was at Dr. Casper's office three weeks ago for Mohs Surgery and stitiching the wound by the plastic surgeon, Dr. Ahumada. I saw signs in the exam room about Alliant now having their own "in house" pathologist. I don't recall there being a name or phone number but there may have been.
Old 06-01-2017, 02:08 PM

Hey "you know who you are", everyone that ever reads this forum knows you know everything. And you have an opinion on everything. Why don't you just read sometimes without comment. No awards here for most posts.

Now I am posting about a real issue here. I do not care how Dr. Casper looks, acts, etc. They cut and send sample to pathologist. I am telling you straight out they sent a scab caused by a piece of bark hitting me in the face. NOT A FREAKING MOLE OR SPOT. The freaking pathologist said it was CANCER. Now you can continue to do what ever you like. Yes, I am going to another dermatologist that uses a modern lab in a BIG CITY that has been around for at least ten years or more.

Last edited by sail33or; 06-01-2017 at 02:11 PM. Reason: I forgot I am not supposed to direct a post at anyone.
Old 06-01-2017, 03:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sail33or View Post
. Yes, I am going to another dermatologist that uses a modern lab in a BIG CITY that has been around for at least ten years or more.
That is a very prudent plan. I'm very leery of this whole episode.
Old 06-01-2017, 03:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Now the only thing to say is this;

///
Old 06-01-2017, 05:19 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
That is a very prudent plan. I'm very leery of this whole episode.
I don't understand that conclusion. It seems to assume that the scab was not cancer, which we can't tell. Is there something else driving it?
Old 06-01-2017, 05:46 PM
Veteran member

Any MOHS surgeon I went to before we moved to FLorida set aside one day per week for MOHS and had someone who did the pathology then and there. I can't imagine having to come back a week or two later and the doctor has to cut again. Off the subject but I was surprised to hear (read) this.
Old 06-01-2017, 05:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Hey "you know who you are", everyone that ever reads this forum knows you know everything. And you have an opinion on everything. Why don't you just read sometimes without comment. No awards here for most posts.

Quote:
Now I am posting about a real issue here. I do not care how Dr. Casper looks, acts, etc. They cut and send sample to pathologist. I am telling you straight out they sent a scab caused by a piece of bark hitting me in the face. NOT A FREAKING MOLE OR SPOT. The freaking pathologist said it was CANCER. Now you can continue to do what ever you like. Yes, I am going to another dermatologist that uses a modern lab in a BIG CITY that has been around for at least ten years or more.

I had a small area on my lower leg removed a couple of years ago that I should have went for a second opinion on, especially after the young guy with absolutely no bedside manner...did the worst cutting/stitching job I've ever seen.

On top of that, it became infected and when I went to a regularly scheduled appointment with my cardiologist...he set me up immediately (on his cell while I was in the room) with the dermatologist that he and his family uses.

While the new dermatologist wouldn't come right out and say that he agreed (out of professional courtesy I presume), he didn't contradict me either when I stated that the previous dude seemed more like a butcher...than a surgeon.

Good luck to you.
Old 06-01-2017, 06:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by big guy View Post
Any MOHS surgeon I went to before we moved to FLorida set aside one day per week for MOHS and had someone who did the pathology then and there. I can't imagine having to come back a week or two later and the doctor has to cut again. Off the subject but I was surprised to hear (read) this.

You are quite correct. True MOHS cannot be done without onsite realtime pathology review. The training programs that teach MOHS typically include this aspect of the procedure. I had a MOHS done by the chairman of the Dermatology Dept at Vanderbilt University. He reviewed my pathological slides 4 times before determining the edges were clean.

But I think the OP may have been discussing his initial biopsy that was used to determine the need for a MOHS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 06-01-2017, 06:52 PM

Dr. Casper MUST submit ALL tissue removed for pathology and cytology determination. If you are going to a lab to recreate, then aesthetics are valid. If the MD uses the lab so that insurances cover the cost of testing, I appreciate that. I have had biopsies on my face and have had radiation treatment as a result. I am grateful that the squamous cell carcinoma did not have the time to progress. This was 100% due to Dr. Casper finding a lesion I never saw on the tip of my nose. He biopsied it and treated me. I had no history. I trust Dr. C.
I am a retired nurse with 43 years in the field. I am highly suspect until I prove things otherwise. I suppose we can look under every single rock until something moves but, hey. Time wasted in my book.
Scabs can be warning signs. Consider the alternative if nothing was done.
Dr. Casper is cautious here in sunburn central. He is well known in the medical community as a respected clinician. Keep checking your skin.
Closed Thread

Tags
pathology, place, tarpon, springs, spot

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.