Severe heel pain in right heel

Closed Thread
Old 03-27-2015, 05:43 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
Villagers Joyce, I have found Oofos sandals, here is a youtube explaining them, but they are the only thing I get relief in walking when indoors. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ppo1Vle6PEY They would be great at the pool too. Oh, I did make an appt. this morning, got Dr. Esarey as he was available the soonest.
Have you found these locally? I'm really interested in trying these.
Old 03-27-2015, 09:25 PM

Joyce, yes, I got them at Paddock Mall in Ocala. The store I got them at is called "The Runner's Pace".
Old 03-27-2015, 09:37 PM

Folkh, never heard of MBT shoes, I searched them on computer, pretty neat, not sure about them, will wait to see what foot guy says, they kinda remind me of Altra sneakers, which I just could not like wearing, being a girl, they just weren't appealing to the eye, very different kind of shoe they both are. Guy at store had said his plantar's went away in two weeks wearing the Altra. Rated good, just didn't like the looks of them. Do you rock and roll with the MBT shoes? I mean that literally, not musically. LOL!
Old 03-27-2015, 10:47 PM
Default Plantar Solution

Take a normal bottle of water, pour some out and freeze it. Once it is frozen place it on the floor, rug preferred, and roll your foot over it for several minutes 3 times a day. Keep frozen and use as needed.

This should solve your problem . Let me know if it helps.

Quest to play every golf hole in TV is 91 % complete
Old 03-28-2015, 01:04 PM

Also had plantar fascia problems years ago. Now having Achilles issues. Since then, I have not been able to wear anything flat, like flip flops. Always need good arch support. What helped me, along with taking many doses of Aleve with great success, was getting a boot to wear at night. The boot keeps the foot/ankle in 45 degrees which prevents the foot from dropping while you sleep, hence shortening the whole fascia and Achilles tendon. Whenever I have problems, I throw that boot on at night without reservation, and start stretching 2-3 times per day. Always does the trick. Icing frequently is also very important, to help decrease the inflammatory cells that congregate there. Good luck Debbie
Old 03-28-2015, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
Folkh, never heard of MBT shoes, I searched them on computer, pretty neat, not sure about them, will wait to see what foot guy says, they kinda remind me of Altra sneakers, which I just could not like wearing, being a girl, they just weren't appealing to the eye, very different kind of shoe they both are. Guy at store had said his plantar's went away in two weeks wearing the Altra. Rated good, just didn't like the looks of them. Do you rock and roll with the MBT shoes? I mean that literally, not musically. LOL!
I love wearing the MBT shoes have a pair for work and bought a pair of sneakers for walking. Seriously, try a pair if shoes with about a 1 1/2 - 2 inch heal instant relief for me. A PT told me to do it and it worked.
Old 03-28-2015, 05:49 PM

Villager Dude, I have an ice bottle in the freezer chilling, will let you know if that helps.
Thanks! Debbie
Old 03-28-2015, 06:41 PM

I have had plantar fasciitis (2) times total went to 3 podiatrists, 1 in Orlando, 1 in Clermont and then Dr. Felix Esarey....Dr. Esarey took care of it...stretch 30 times a day, use custom orthotics, injection in the right location, doe what the "Villages Dude" said to do with a pint bottle of water AND if your overweight, LOSE THE WEIGHT......it works!
Old 03-28-2015, 10:34 PM

Thanks everyone for their input, I truly appreciate all the support and know I am not alone with it. Started the frozen water bottle roll today. Time will tell if that works. Been doing my stretches since it came back. Oh, I am not overweight, quite the opposite. Appt. Monday am with Dr. Esarey.
Old 03-29-2015, 02:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

I start every morning with standing on a step drop my heals over the edge and slowly stretch out for 15 minutes or so, has worked for me for years, and give you practice on your balance. You can use a step for step class or the one coming in from your lanai
Old 03-29-2015, 09:48 PM
Platinum member

///

Last edited by Fraugoofy; 04-15-2015 at 12:49 PM.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:36 AM

I had plantar fasciitis for 3 years and tried numerous remedies one of which was sleeping in the boots that keep feet positioned at 90 degrees with legs, and it finally went away. Worse pain ever. I can't say exactly what cured it; all I can say is I think it is caused by walking bare foot on tile/concrete floors. I always wear supportive shoes on my tile floors now. People didn't walk on concrete in the past and I don't believe our feet were made to endure that punishment.
Old 03-30-2015, 02:26 PM

Dr. Wu..is wonderful..Tri County Podiatry..I had severe heel pain..was able to see sports med doctor when lived in CA..he said No injections in the foot because most of the time they don't work...Physical Therapy of stretching the calf muscles, pick up marbles with your toes, do 'toe' curls, ice on the heel area and riding a bike!! when you ride a bike you are stretching the calf muscles. First thing in the morning before you get out of bed..try and stretch the calf muscles with a 'towel' or T shirt..that will help..took me 3 months to get rid of it..shoes with support..NO Thong shoes.. SAS next to Best Buy has great shoes...go see 'Terry'...he is wonderful and very very helpful. Avoid bear feet until your pain is gone.
Old 03-30-2015, 03:40 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villager Joyce View Post
Have you found these locally? I'm really interested in trying these.
I too love my Oofos! I have been wearing them for about 2 years. I have them in every color, in duplicate...a pair for here and a pair up north. They are the most comfortable sandals I have ever worn. They feel like you are walking on a mushroom. I recently had surgery for a heel spur and these sandals were my saving grace. I have purchased all of mine at Shoe Biz in the Belk Plaza, or, Shoe Biz II in the Bed Bath Beyond Plaza. They have even ordered some in for me...very helpful folks! Good luck!
Old 03-30-2015, 05:35 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingersnap View Post
I too love my Oofos! I have been wearing them for about 2 years. I have them in every color, in duplicate...a pair for here and a pair up north. They are the most comfortable sandals I have ever worn. They feel like you are walking on a mushroom. I recently had surgery for a heel spur and these sandals were my saving grace. I have purchased all of mine at Shoe Biz in the Belk Plaza, or, Shoe Biz II in the Bed Bath Beyond Plaza. They have even ordered some in for me...very helpful folks! Good luck!
Thank you. I am very interested in trying these.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.