Severe heel pain in right heel

Closed Thread
Old 03-30-2015, 07:35 PM

I had Plantar 11 years ago. went to a local podiatrist he injected steroid in heel and relief last about two weeks. Was planning a trip to Ireland and needed some relief. he prescribed the "Boot' and some $30 orthotics. Went to Ireland and those coblestone streets made it worse. Went to a Irish Podiatrist and he said the only thing that would help would be an orthotic that he would order after a plaster cast wast taken. I didn't have the time to wait for this orthotic but when I returned to U.S went to a different Podiatrist in Maine he also recommended the hard custom made orthotic $430. Although the plantar had subsided, posibly from the Boot or it just ran its course. At any rate I have been using these hard orthotics for past eleven years and have not had any problems since.
Old 03-31-2015, 05:54 AM

After reading all the above post and checking online about Oofos sandals I called the Racers Pave in Paddock Mall to inquire about them. Brendan was most helpful answering all my question. I purchased my women's size 11 Oofos in black. It is TRUE that they help stabilize your pronation and the arch is comfortable AND supportive. Actually, my muscles are now working properly by the correct alignment these sandals provide. I had to try them on rather then take chances by ordering online.. Having been " on toe" in the ballet corp for several years my toes and feet show the wear and need good shoes and sandals. The Oofos come in turquoise ,pink, blue and black at Racers Pace in the slip flop not in the slides. Oh if you " like them" on Facebook you get $2 off the $39 cost.
Old 05-29-2015, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PattyCakes View Post
Tri County Podiatry is the best. Dr. Eseray is my doctor and I recommend him highly. Have also heard great things about Dr. Wu. You're in good hands.
I understand we choose our doctors for their knowledge and skill, but how well do you trust their judgment? Dr. Felix Esarey had affairs with two of his employees at his clinic and one affair with a nurse from the surgery center he works at. Keep in mind, his then wife of ten years, worked in the same building with him all three times. He also filed Chapter 7 bankruptcy three years ago. He may come across as a kind, compassionate, upstanding individual, but his actions certainly do not reflect these qualities. Many of you will turn a blind eye and say, "None of this has anything to do with the care he provides" or perhaps, "Many doctors have affairs" and continue to reward him for this type of behavior. I say if he treats his own spouse and his employees in this manner...buyer beware.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Last edited by woodrow811; 06-01-2015 at 10:28 AM.
Old 07-30-2015, 02:26 AM
Veteran member

Was having a lot of foot pain and podiatrists weren't solving the problem. Asked my foot doctor to give me a prescription for physical therapy. Went to Advanced PT on county road 101 and they found the problem and really helped me. They also used the cold laser (no pain at all) and it reduced inflammation. The lady who does massages worked on the planters and tendonitis and made my life livable again.
Do ask for a prescription so M/Care helps in the payments. And I really believe in Advanced PT and their caring people.
Old 07-30-2015, 06:01 AM

It starts in your calf Massage,your calf good I had great success with a Chiropractor
Old 07-30-2015, 08:08 AM
Soaring Eagle member

25 years ago (age 52) I was running 25+ miles per wk and developed Plantar Faceitis. Talked to many who had the problem with little in successful remedies. Had a Podiatrist friend who examined me and said he could provide help with $400 orthodics, but he recommended going to shoe store and buying Spendco-Run Walk insert ($20 at that time). Found immediate relief and bought more for all my shoes.

Still using although price has risen ($30 now) Did not get similar results from other inserts.

Last edited by Challenger; 07-30-2015 at 08:54 AM.
Old 07-30-2015, 08:30 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
25 years ago (age 52) I was running 25+ miles per wk and developed Plantar Faceitis. Talk to many who had the problem with little in successful remedies. Had a Podiatrist fried who examined me and said he could provide help with $400 orthodics, but he recommended going to shoe store and buying Spendco-Run Walk insert ($20 at that time). Found immediate relief and bought more for all my shoes.

Still using although price has risen ($30 now) Did not get similar results from other inserts.
I agree that the inserts help with it. One thing I've found is that mine returns if I wear out the shoes because the arch breaks down after wearing them steadily for several months. I replace my shoes often. Especially tennis shoes.
Old 07-30-2015, 04:54 PM
Veteran member

I had very bad pain in both heels and was scared to death of having the shots, so i wouldn't do it. The doctor gave me some pills that I later discovered were steroids, but they worked great. However, I did not want to keep taking steroids for the rest of my life...this was my solution and so far it has worked great (probably not for everyone). I NEVER wear a shoe with a heel (the heel just keeps rubbing on the back of my foot). Even sneakers, I wear the slip on sneakers with no backs or I wear sandals. I have been doing this for a couple of years now and I have had no pain at all in my heels. Haven't tried wearing regular shoes again so I don't know if the pain will come back or not if I do. I have been pain free for about 3 years now by not covering my heel with a closed shoe
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.