Some organic foods grown in the world's worst environmental cesspool

Closed Thread
Old 04-03-2013, 06:10 AM
Sage
Default Some organic foods grown in the world's worst environmental cesspool

http://www.naturalnews.com/039195_organic_foods_China_pollution_nightmare.htm l

Keep scrolling down for numerous photos; very very long article.

“Organic” from China exposed: The shocking truth about “organic” foods grown in the world’s worst environmental cesspool...........

Take the time to read this.............

Glad our little mandarin oranges (cuties size) are a product of California...........

Old 04-03-2013, 09:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,179 Times in 835 Posts

The link in your post does not seem to work so I cut and pasted it out of the reply code. This "article" was written by a salesman for a company that charges high prices for its products which are not made in China. Want to bet they are loosing market share and this bit of scare tactic, xenophobia, might be just the thing to increase sales. There is a bit of truth in what he writes. There is not a single bit of evidence that any of the photos has any association with organic practices in China. He just threw in some generic pollution shots. And the line which gives it all away...

Claiming that the Chinese official wouldn't swim in a river when he was dared to do so .."Because the river there is so polluted that swimming in it would mean certain death." The dare was on a blog by an eyeglass retailer. No where in the original article (which by the way seems to indicate that the government is trying to clean up) is there any basis for this author's ridiculous hyperbole.
Chinese environment official challenged to swim in polluted river | Environment | guardian.co.uk
Old 04-03-2013, 10:24 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
The link in your post does not seem to work so I cut and pasted it out of the reply code. This "article" was written by a salesman for a company that charges high prices for its products which are not made in China. Want to bet they are loosing market share and this bit of scare tactic, xenophobia, might be just the thing to increase sales.
.........this author's ridiculous hyperbole.
Chinese environment official challenged to swim in polluted river | Environment | guardian.co.uk
Scare tactic? Xenophobia? Is Mayor Bloomberg of NYC a scare tactician or xenophobic because he doesn't want his voters buying/consuming foreign-produced sugar used in big-gulp sized sodas?

Talk about "shooting the messenger" and "labeling" people without knowing them.....
Old 04-03-2013, 11:32 AM
Sage

I'm very sorry. Apparently I am required to get to know the author of an article before I can characterize the words they use or the accuracy of the claims in that article. While I don't know the mayor, it is news to me that his attempt to ban high volume soft drinks was designed at lowering the importation of foreign produced sugar
Old 04-03-2013, 11:37 AM
Sage

Quote:
The link in your post does not seem to work so I cut and pasted it out of the reply code. This "article" was written by a salesman for a company that charges high prices for its products which are not made in China. Want to bet they are loosing market share and this bit of scare tactic, xenophobia, might be just the thing to increase sales. There is a bit of truth in what he writes. There is not a single bit of evidence that any of the photos has any association with organic practices in China. He just threw in some generic pollution shots. And the line which gives it all away...

Claiming that the Chinese official wouldn't swim in a river when he was dared to do so .."Because the river there is so polluted that swimming in it would mean certain death." The dare was on a blog by an eyeglass retailer. No where in the original article (which by the way seems to indicate that the government is trying to clean up) is there any basis for this author's ridiculous hyperbole.
Thanks for the further research.........appreciate it

Imported foods causing more disease - CBS News

I went to the CDC (Centers for Disease Control) website and found hundreds of articles on imported food from Asia and elsewhere having toxins and harmful “stuff”.
I began accumulating all of the dozens upon dozens of hyperlinks but doubt if anyone would have the time to read all of the CDC’s facts. Many PDF files as well............ Decided not to include them as it is tedious to read..........but I read them. The CDC is vigilant in trying to keep track of all of these imported foods grown in Asia and elsewhere............and the conditions in which they are found.

It’s not just vegetables and fruits......but seafood, spices, meat, etc. and things one wouldn’t even worry about, like the “baby corn” in your Chinese takeout.

Ditto for canned items and juices.

Years ago I found out that Price Chopper was using apple droppings from China (the ones on the ground, not on the tree) for their apple juice.

Lower cost for Price Chopper. This research came about after a bottle of Price Chopper apple juice developed the very weird “ring of toxins and mold” in a newly opened bottle in my frig.

I always bought MOTTS for our grandchildren as that is what they drank.............but our store was out, so I bought the Price Chopper brand.......long story, but found out a lot.

I spoke with corporate headquarters and their bottom line was that although YES they could have purchased VERMONT APPLES or NEW YORK STATE APPLES, they bought droppings from China..........it’s always about the profit. I began reading labels very conscientiously after that..........and was surprised where our pineapple, etc., etc. came from. It is a global economy now.

Whenever possible, I try to stick with foods home grown in the United States.......although even that sometimes has it’s issues.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:38 AM
Sage

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Last edited by senior citizen; 04-03-2013 at 11:44 AM. Reason: duplicate post
Old 04-03-2013, 11:45 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:

As an importer of Chinese agricultural/industrial chemicals with Chinese partners, I can tell you that I would not consume "organic" food from China. It is bad enough that U.S. "organic" food is not necessarily "pure" as inferred by the public, let alone invite trouble by importing from proven polluted environments.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:41 PM
Sage
Default I for one appreciate your honesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydealmaker View Post
As an importer of Chinese agricultural/industrial chemicals with Chinese partners, I can tell you that I would not consume "organic" food from China. It is bad enough that U.S. "organic" food is not necessarily "pure" as inferred by the public, let alone invite trouble by importing from proven polluted environments.

I , for one, appreciate your honesty...........
Old 04-03-2013, 01:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by senior citizen View Post
Thanks for the further research.........appreciate it

Whenever possible, I try to stick with foods home grown in the United States.......although even that sometimes has it’s issues
Agree. There are of course many other nations with food quality requirements equal to ours it is true that the growing conditions and governmental supervision in third world countries is not up to first world standards. My only reason for posting was that the article you posted is not a fair discussion of the issues. I wonder if you meant FDA when you list CDC. The CDC typically deals with disease outbreaks such as salmonella, shigella, and c. diff while the FDA is responsible for food safety and inspection. Sadly recent federal budget cutbacks have decreased the ability of the FDA to monitor both domestic and imported foods.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Agree. There are of course many other nations with food quality requirements equal to ours it is true that the growing conditions and governmental supervision in third world countries is not up to first world standards. My only reason for posting was that the article you posted is not a fair discussion of the issues. I wonder if you meant FDA when you list CDC. The CDC typically deals with disease outbreaks such as salmonella, shigella, and c. diff while the FDA is responsible for food safety and inspection. Sadly recent federal budget cutbacks have decreased the ability of the FDA to monitor both domestic and imported foods.
CDC - Food Safety Office - Food Safety
At the CDC website I found a zillion reports on various food issues.
Yes, it was basically about disease..........not inspection.

Search Results: imported foods
CDC WEBSITE
Just some articles re “imported foods”..........at Centers for Disease Control website. There are more, under different topics.
Earlier, I found quite a lot of information on the CDC website with regard to foods from Asia.......and other countries.

Old 04-03-2013, 03:41 PM
Sage

Following The Trail Of Toxic E-Waste - CBS News

http://www.cbsnews.com/2102-18560_162-4579229.html

Larger print (printable version)

Following the Trail of Toxic E-Waste – CBS News

“We have a situation where we have 21st century toxics being managed in a 17th century environment”.

(four pages plus over 300+ comments)
Old 04-03-2013, 03:51 PM
Sage

Conventionally Grown Garlic Contaminated With Chemicals

Conventionally grown garlic contaminated with chemicals.....

Here’s another inference to Chinese garlic being grown in untreated sewage....

See hyperlink. Keep scrolling down for entire article on garlic.

I probably have a ton of that white garlic in my home right now..........I didn’t realize it was all grown in China.

Trader Joe’s stopped carrying it.........but I bought mine at Price Chopper........
Old 04-03-2013, 03:58 PM
Sage

» The shocking truth about ‘organic’ foods grown in the world’s worst environmental cesspool Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Not sure if this link will work now. It was just sent to me by a friend who is into health foods, organically grown produce, etc.

Don’t shoot the messenger. Is it false? Or, is it true?
Old 04-03-2013, 04:08 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydealmaker View Post

This is from a man who knows.
Old 04-03-2013, 04:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

When I see the word "organis" in a supermarket, my mind automatically translates it into, "costs more for nothing better".
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.