specific carbohydrate diet

Closed Thread
Old 03-14-2017, 09:45 AM
Default specific carbohydrate diet

anyone familiar with the SCD diet. Supposed to help with gastrointestinal problems. I need some help or guidance in doing this diet.
Old 03-14-2017, 10:27 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

A good friend knew about this and bought a book titled "Breaking the Vicious Cycle: Intestinal Health Through Diet" by Elaine Gottschall, copyright 1994. It is available on Amazon for $17.95. There are lots of positive reviews on Amazon which might help you with some insight into how this works.

Gottschall is a biochemist and cell biologist. I am not sure, but she might have done original research on the topic. The book might be well worth your time, as you try to find some answers to what can work for you.

When you find the above title on Amazon, there you will find a couple of other books listed. "Cooking for the Specific Carbohydrate Diet..." by Erica Kerwien and "Recipes for the Specific Carbohydrate Diet..."by Raman Prasad. (I don't know anything about those.)

I wish you well.

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 03-14-2017 at 10:36 AM.
Old 04-29-2017, 11:29 AM

This diet basically follows FODMAP guidance. Search FODMAP and you'll find a ton of information. You can also search to find a dietitian that specializes in FODMAP meal planning.
Closed Thread

Tags
diet, guidance, problems, gastrointestinal, carbohydrate

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.