(Specific) Question About TV Dermatologists

Closed Thread
Old 11-13-2022, 11:04 PM
Default Care Dermatology, Dr. Shaath

I see Dr. Tarek Shaath at Care Dermatology at 1040 Lake Sumter Landing, The Villages.
Phone number 352-218-3211
When researching his background his undergrad is in microbiology (good if he is looking for skin cancer on slides). Also good education and head resident at FSU. (There was a lot of detail I found that made him a perfect candidate to be my doctor.) Pleased with his medical care and caring is very evident. You can get in to see him in a timely manner.
Old 11-14-2022, 04:57 AM

They all love to cut
Old 11-14-2022, 08:11 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,202 Times in 464 Posts

People rave about Alliant Derm but I went there for a couple of years and left because I was not happy with the physician I saw or the PA that saw me too, that included their attitude and treatment that was not working. I then went to TDI in Brownwood and finally got progress. You cannot know beforehand who will work for you.
Old 11-14-2022, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbug View Post
I also used Dr Gurgen and just had a Moh's procedure done. This is my third one, but first one down here. Very impressed and will stay with them. Check out Dr Gurgen's credentials and reviews.
Dr Gurgen also performed Moh's on me this past year. I was diagnosed in MA and they could not schedule surgery for me before returning to TV. I contacted Dr Gurgen's office (he does not advertise in the local paper) and they obtained the necessary paperwork from my northern dermotologist. One of his PA's first checked the spot; surgery was scheduled about a week later; job well done. I went to the Leesburg office.
Old 01-04-2023, 03:45 PM
Default Alliant problems

I just changed to United Heath Care Focus Plan. I have been going to Alliant for 5 years. December they found spot that needed Mohs. They scheduled me for Jan 3rd. On Dec 30th they call and tell me that they will not be taking the Focus plan due to referrals being required. I had the referral sent to them in early December and they had said no problem at that time. after much discussion with them they cancelled my Jan 3 surgery because they would not accept the Focus plan. Jan 2 I called around attempting to find another Dermatologist that would take the Focus plan. They would not accept the Focus plan because of the referral requirement. I then called United Health care and said I wished to change back to my old plan because of this problem. At first they didn't understand because Alliant was an acceptable dermatologist. After spending 2 hours on the Phone with United I was able to change back to my old plan effective Feb 1st. I then called Allaint today to rebook my surgery because I changed back to my old coverage. They then informed me as of today they would begin accepting United's Focus plan. What a bunch of idiots! They may be good at dermatology but at paper work they are complete idiots! Now what?
Closed Thread

Tags
patients, mass, months, current, quickly

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.