Stem Cell Therapy

Closed Thread
Old 10-30-2017, 07:51 AM
Default Stem Cell Therapy

I looking for information about Stem Cell Therapy for osteoarthritis in my knee. I went to a seminar sponsored by Comprehensive Healthcare from Altamonte Springs. They use umbilical cord tissue. They claim a lot of success.

I'd like to hear from anyone with medical knowledge on the subject. Or preferably someone that has had or knows of anyone that has had this treatment.

Thanks, Bob
Old 10-30-2017, 10:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,098 Times in 2,231 Posts

Covered by your insurance? Approved by FDA? Check, that will tell you a lot. I did some investigation a few months ago, I was not impressed. try webmd, and the larger hospital/medical websites. Finally, it appeared that the actual treatment was being done outside of the US in the case of the one I was looking at, we declined.
Old 10-30-2017, 10:29 AM

Tink, You are so insightful!
Old 10-30-2017, 10:31 AM
Gold member
Default Some thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob45 View Post
I looking for information about Stem Cell Therapy for osteoarthritis in my knee. I went to a seminar sponsored by Comprehensive Healthcare from Altamonte Springs. They use umbilical cord tissue. They claim a lot of success.

I'd like to hear from anyone with medical knowledge on the subject. Or preferably someone that has had or knows of anyone that has had this treatment.

Thanks, Bob
1. Of course they report positive results; they are SELLING you a product. I'm sure you can find all kinds of pros and cons on the internet. As I'm sure you know, they use umbilical cord tissue because it is illegal to use tissue from aborted fetuses.
2. A POSSIBLE SUGGESTION. My knees were so bad that when I got off my bike I was in such pain that I could hardly walk. I started taking hyaluronic acid a nonprescription pill. Another one of the products originally used on race horses. Same is true of glucosomine and condroiton It takes a while to work. In my case after about a month I said huh-the pain is gone
3. There is of course joint replacement. As I'm sure your know it is a major operation and lengthy recovery.
Closed Thread

Tags
stem, therapy, cell, knowledge, hear

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.