Sudden pain here, there, and everywhere

Closed Thread
Old 01-10-2020, 08:18 AM

Same thing happened to me about 4 years ago. After numerous tests and doctors, I kept getting, well it could be...let’s do some more tests, still no answers. After doing my research and eliminating everything I had been tested for, I came up with a gluten allergy. I eliminated gluten and started using cbd oil, and hooray my symptoms have disappeared. Good luck
Old 01-10-2020, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj6426 View Post
Hands, shoulders, legs, knees and feet--and more recently my neck.
Blood tests did not indicate rheumatoid arthritis or polymyalgia rheumatica--so I am at a loss to figure out what is causing this. ....Doctor concluded osteo arthritis, and the only relief is ibuprofen. But I'm wondering if it isn't more serious as the pain is pretty intense, especially in the morning. Today while taking a nap, I felt pain suddenly in my hands and arms--burning and throbbing. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I would love to hear if there is something out there that the doctor may have missed. Thank you.
6 years ago I got a shingles shot! It was a bad strain. The virus attacked my joints and muscles. The Dr’s tried diagnosing me the these issues . I’m part of a Merek major law suit! See a neurologist, do not go onto prednisone.
Old 01-10-2020, 08:27 AM

How about fibromyalgia?
Old 01-10-2020, 08:31 AM

I feel so sorry for people that suffer with pain. I just want to make a general comment. I thank “talk of the villages” and it’s readers for offering advice to a person who is suffering. It’s a great website, I read it daily because of its readers. Helping people is wonderful and I thank all of you
Old 01-10-2020, 08:46 AM
Location: Air Force brat, mostly raised in New England.Buying a house in Woodbury Village.
Default Lyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Agree that you should get checked for Lyme disease.
As a longtime Lyme warrior, I agree. Lyme is very difficult to diagnose and most of it lies with non informed doctors. Lyme literate docs are very difficult to find in Florida. If you want to Pursue this possibility and have difficulty finding a LLMD, I can help. PM me and I will enlist a bunch of my old contacts.
Old 01-10-2020, 09:12 AM
Default You are describing my symptoms!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj6426 View Post
Hands, shoulders, legs, knees and feet--and more recently my neck.
Blood tests did not indicate rheumatoid arthritis or polymyalgia rheumatica--so I am at a loss to figure out what is causing this. ....Doctor concluded osteo arthritis, and the only relief is ibuprofen. But I'm wondering if it isn't more serious as the pain is pretty intense, especially in the morning. Today while taking a nap, I felt pain suddenly in my hands and arms--burning and throbbing. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I would love to hear if there is something out there that the doctor may have missed. Thank you.
My story: It started with symmetrical large joints pain. Diagnosis PMR. Was put on prednisone and I got immediate relief. All was good for 5 months as I was reducing the prednisone dose. Then I started having inflammation in hands and severe pain in small joints in hands and wrists and also some in my feet. Saw my rheumatologist and was told PMR can evolve to rheumatoid arthritis. Prednisone was increased to back where I started for PMR. It has reduced inflammation but still having pain, lack of movement and burning sensation in small joints in hands. I am to go for a blood test but that may not always point to RA. Have to have baseline macular/retina visual test then I start a new med (hydroxy chloroquine) for RA as I reduce the prednisone dosage. I am hoping that will work as current condition is NO FUN! Good luck!
Old 01-10-2020, 09:28 AM
Default Joint pain

Taken med for arthritis 30 year did new blood test I don’t have ?.? High iron count ,to much iron in joint same as arthritis wear out joint treated for it now bearable been nice if they found 30 years ago can’t replace what was wore out. Drs said it was genetic aunts and uncles all treated arthritis probably did have
Old 01-10-2020, 10:00 AM
Veteran member

Could be Lipitor. I could hardly walk and after 1 week getting off of it I was fine.
Old 01-10-2020, 11:20 AM

As mentioned, do you take a Statin? If you do you need to take CQO10 everyday. It really helps. The other thing it could be is gout. I know some people say it only happens mainly in the feet but I had what you are talking about and they put me on Mitigate.
Helped
Old 01-10-2020, 11:30 AM

Definitely follow up on the Lyme potential!
Old 01-10-2020, 01:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Wow, all I can say is wow!

To the OP, please go see a good rheumatologist. While everyone means well, threads like this is the reason there is no AAAP (American Association of Amateur Physicians) The responses here vary from fairly reasonable to the bizarre.

Lyme is a reasonable suggestion worth checking out, but only primary Lyme disease would give the diffuse aches you describe within a week or two of being exposed to Borelia burgdorferi (the Lyme spirochete) , in association with a flu-like illness and sometimes erythema chronicum migrans (the bullseye rash). Secondary Lyme (years later) usually affects only a single joint.
To the person who thinks difficulty with diagnosing Lyme disease rests with "misinformed physicians", who is more informed about Lyme than physicians, him with a google account????

Certainly a statin induced myopathy is possible if taking one.

The "iron poster" is referring to hemochromatosis, a genetic disorder of iron metabolism that can cause arthritis among other things. Generally the OP would be aware of a family history of that disease.

A pinched nerve? Please educate me on the neuroanatomy that has a single nerve that innervates both shoulders, hands, legs, knees and feet. I suppose a severe cervical spinal stenosis with impeding cord compression could give that kind of pain, but would be associated with motor and incontinence problems as well, and the OP would be in no condition to be posting on TOTV.

I agree with avoiding steroids unless a diagnosis is made, and you can leave the CoQ10 in the bottle where it belongs

Once again good luck and hope you feel better
Old 01-10-2020, 03:44 PM

Welcome to "Old Age"
Old 01-10-2020, 10:42 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
.... Seriously how can you have pain and numbness in your feet and limbs at the same time?....
Yes, pain AND numbness AND burning AND tingling—simultaneously. For me the cause of the symptoms is ‘severe neuropathy’

Me: ‘What causes severe neuropathy?

MD: ‘It’s a symptom of diabetes.’

Me: ‘But I’ve been checked time and again—and I’m not diabetic.’

MD: ‘Then we have no idea what’s causing it...‘

There is so much they don’t know....
Old 01-11-2020, 07:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quixote View Post
Yes, pain AND numbness AND burning AND tingling—simultaneously. For me the cause of the symptoms is ‘severe neuropathy’

Me: ‘What causes severe neuropathy?

MD: ‘It’s a symptom of diabetes.’

Me: ‘But I’ve been checked time and again—and I’m not diabetic.’

MD: ‘Then we have no idea what’s causing it...‘

There is so much they don’t know....

You don't really expect us to believe this was an actual conversation, do you? With a medical doctor?, not some wannabe quack who uses the title "Dr.", such as a chiropractor or a podiatrist?

A MD probably wouldn't use the term "severe neuropathy", and would call it a COMPLICATION of diabetes, not a symptom. He would not state he had no idea what was causing it, when there are at least a dozen causes I can think of off the top of my head and most of them can be easily tested for.

Sorry, but this mythologic conversation doesn't pass the smell test.
Old 01-11-2020, 07:48 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,110 Times in 1,342 Posts

If something doesn't hurt when I wake I would worry. I was given Meloxicam for my hip a few weeks back. Helped all the pains also.
Closed Thread

Tags
pain, doctor, arthritis, hands, morning

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.