Sumter Landing Dental Care

Closed Thread
Old 01-06-2021, 06:58 PM

They were supposed to do my cleaning last April. When I called to make sure they would be doing it they said no but someone would call to reschedule. They never did until the next scheduled cleaning last month and then they wanted me to go to their office over on 441. Needless to say I have found another dentist. Over a year and a half without a cleaning and then to shift me over to a further office just won't do it.
Old 01-06-2021, 09:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
Wow, 10K "nothing". It is interesting to read the various views (obviously people from greatly differing backgrounds, locations, and incomes. No wonder so many people have no understanding that the world they come from is not the only one. Not meaning this as any kind of personal snipe on this poster or on anyone who thinks 10K is "normal" or "nothing", not at all ! ! Just an interesting observation that makes this site so interesting: to see and read how relative things are to various people who come from such diverse places and background is all. When you are from a small town in Nebraska or Arkansas, you can't imagine having dental costs of $10K is all I mean by this.
Also interesting to see the levels of service from support staff, scheduling even office locations people will tolerate. And of course it's always about the provider, they have no culpability. All about the diversity in The Villages which is why any recommendations need to be researched......we all have different levels of acceptability.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 01-07-2021, 09:20 AM

Good teeth worth every penny
Old 01-07-2021, 01:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,922 Times in 1,111 Posts

The $10 grand is nothing remark is obviously meant that dental work can be very expensive , not that $10 ,000 was nothing and for those lucky enough to not have problems good for you. , but for those who have had to have work done they know it’s worth it , dental work is not just teeth it’s gums and bone that can go bad for all kinds of reasons. 30 years ago I had to have gum surgery and some caps , people said it’s not worth it some already had false teeth but I’ve heard from people years later that they wished they had spent the money, it doesn’t matter whether you come from small town or big town dental health is important to your whole body health. Since the initial gum work I had to do it again and had some new caps , many of my problems came from 40 years in third world countries and the water and tropical diseases I had along the way , but I will continue to care forb my teeth no matter the price even at 82 and to help with the vigilance I get them deep cleaned every 3 months money well spent
Old 01-07-2021, 01:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

I go to Dr. Price just for annual exam and xrays only. He has never tried to upsell any treatment and has always given me an excellent report on the health of my teeth. I go to Dr. John Bonner for perio-maintenance which is a deeper cleaning than a regular dental cleaning. I don't have any complaints about Dr. Price's practice.
Old 01-08-2021, 01:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnrlewis@infionline.net View Post
They were supposed to do my cleaning last April. When I called to make sure they would be doing it they said no but someone would call to reschedule. They never did until the next scheduled cleaning last month and then they wanted me to go to their office over on 441. Needless to say I have found another dentist. Over a year and a half without a cleaning and then to shift me over to a further office just won't do it.
I also had to go to their 441 office for a cleaning (when I was using Dr. Price's for cleanings). I was told the 441 office is for all the cleanings because they were attempting to keep all the aerosol procedures to one office. I did as they requested.

Tags
dental, landing, cleaning, sumter, care

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.