Sumter Landing Dental Care (BEWARE)

Closed Thread
Old 06-02-2020, 05:54 AM

I use this dental practice, and I think that they are top-knotch.
Old 06-02-2020, 05:54 AM

That doesn’t surprise me. I wouldn’t take my dog there. Very poor dentistry.
Old 06-02-2020, 05:58 AM

They wore masks before COVID and they're wearing masks now. That's the price of doing business. My brother and his wife use them, and even if they have an appointment they have to wait (sometimes over an hour) to get in, and then they're there for hours. And there's always something new and expensive that has to be done...something VERY expensive. Just another reason to hate dentists.
Old 06-02-2020, 06:09 AM

Contact the Attorney General's Office. File a complaint online
Old 06-02-2020, 06:11 AM
Default You have the right

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdonn View Post
I went to Sumter Landing Dental Care today 6/1/2020 for a follow-up appointment. I was charged a $10 COVID fee. This is ridiculous, they see probably 50 clients a day times 20 business days a month at $10 each client. This amounts to $10,000 additional dollars a month they charge clients to cover the cost of their operation during this COVID crisis. I was told they had to buy different masks than what they normally use, which is BS. They were using the same masks they always use. THIS IS CRIMINAL! What are they using the 10K a month for (because of the virus)? They already use medical-grade masks and already have hand sanitizer. They are taking advantage of the clients to line the greedy owner's pockets. I would love to see them return the unnecessary fee they charged us during this uncertain time. They are a disgrace to take advantage of their clients this way!
You have the right to walk away. No one can force you to pay that fee. This is America. Feel free to use another dentist that is not charging you an extra fee.
Old 06-02-2020, 06:18 AM

Guess who the landlord is at Village Dental...THE MORSE FAMILY. Wake up people, it is all about the $$$$$$$.
Old 06-02-2020, 06:19 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,753 Times in 3,629 Posts

Their are charging $10 more, does it matter what the label is??

Old 06-02-2020, 06:24 AM

As a periodontist I cannot believe this post. The cost of masks and special suctions and PPE is through the roof. The dentists and staff are putting their lives on the line and they are protecting you. And you are upset abou the 10 dollar fee.
Old 06-02-2020, 06:24 AM

Quote:
I went to Sumter Landing Dental Care today 6/1/2020 for a follow-up appointment. I was charged a $10 COVID fee. This is ridiculous, they see probably 50 clients a day times 20 business days a month at $10 each client. This amounts to $10,000 additional dollars a month they charge clients to cover the cost of their operation during this COVID crisis. I was told they had to buy different masks than what they normally use, which is BS. They were using the same masks they always use. THIS IS CRIMINAL! What are they using the 10K a month for (because of the virus)? They already use medical-grade masks and already have hand sanitizer. They are taking advantage of the clients to line the greedy owner's pockets. I would love to see them return the unnecessary fee they charged us during this uncertain time. They are a disgrace to take advantage of their clients this way!
My husband & I had appointments at our dentist, 3 times in two weeks & each time we paid $10.00. This is in Wisconsin.
Old 06-02-2020, 06:26 AM

I won't go there now, thanks for the heads up.
Old 06-02-2020, 06:30 AM
Veteran member
Default Hazard Pay

I hope the employees are getting a portion of the fee for hazard pay.
Old 06-02-2020, 06:30 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,753 Times in 3,629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathe View Post
I won't go there now, thanks for the heads up.

That's funny. Won't go there based on a $10 increase..........you don't know their base rates, quality of care, of their professionalism. What did you do after increases in the cost of toilet paper.............gross!!!
Old 06-02-2020, 06:35 AM

Quote:
I went to Sumter Landing Dental Care today 6/1/2020 for a follow-up appointment. I was charged a $10 COVID fee. This is ridiculous, they see probably 50 clients a day times 20 business days a month at $10 each client. This amounts to $10,000 additional dollars a month they charge clients to cover the cost of their operation during this COVID crisis. I was told they had to buy different masks than what they normally use, which is BS. They were using the same masks they always use. THIS IS CRIMINAL! What are they using the 10K a month for (because of the virus)? They masks and already have hand sanitizer. They are taking advantage of the clients to line the greedy owner's pockets. I would love to see them return the unnecessary fee they charged us during this uncertain time. They are a disgrace to take advantage of their clients this way!
What do you know about the coasts of running a dental/medical office? They just should’ve raised their fees by a couple bucks and your shorts wouldn’t have been so twisted.
Old 06-02-2020, 06:36 AM

I saw on the news that a woman in Orlando took her daughter for braces and paid for them and also for the follow up visits to have them adjusted each month. At the first monthly visit she was told there would be an extra $20 fee for each visit because of COVID-19. I can't remember how many months this will be going on. So, having to pay an extra $10 doesn't seem too bad. When this virus crisis is over, I wonder how these dentists are going to justify continuing this extra charge because you know once the price goes up, it usually never comes down!!
Old 06-02-2020, 06:40 AM
Sage

I asked my wife, who practiced for 35 years, about this. She just sort of shrugged and said they may have some additional costs such as disposable gowns as opposed to ones they launder. I would be surprised if the dental practice we go to charges any additional fees. We will see at our next appointments. She did indicate that there was a change in procedures and costs when AIDS first surfaced in the early 80s.

Quote:
Closed Thread

Tags
clients, month, masks, landing, advantage

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.