Supplemental Insurance coverage to Medicare

Closed Thread
Old 11-07-2007, 03:47 AM
Default Supplemental Insurance coverage to Medicare

As I am turning 65 and moving to Fl. fulltime this next month I've been woindering about Blue Cross Blue Shield of FL. as a supplemental coverage and if anybody in Fl. has Blue Cross because many people in MN. have this coverage and seem to think its Ok

Thanks Dave :
Old 11-07-2007, 11:55 AM
Platinum member
Default Re: Supplemental Insurance coverage to Medicare

When we turned 65 we went with AARP Supplemental Plan C. You probably know Plan C or whichever plan you use is the SAME regarding the company you go with. It is a good idea to compare the price of Plan C or A, B, etc with a number of companies. We found some companies may have A,C,D, or B and D. Not all companies offer all plans. We wanted a plan without a deductible. AARP has served us well.We had no problems at all getting our doctor and hospital bills paid.

Bottom line is, select your plan. Then compare prices of this plan with a few companies.
Tampa, FL
Old 11-07-2007, 01:11 PM

We are with United Healthcare through AARP, it was suggested by my doctor's office as one of the best. There is a little too much of bureaucracy inside AARP, but you has to adjust to it. One interesting thing we found out: The same plan (J) cost in NY $250.00 but in Florida is only $150.00 each person.
We did find a problem with the prescription plan (through AARP too), it is a mess. To get my first order of three medications and a supply of lancets and test strips (for diabetes) it took me about 10 phone calls and a lot of red tape. And anyway I had to pay in full for me medications, something I still have to solve with them.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:18 PM
Platinum member

Efrahin, You're right about location making a difference. When we signed up with AARP United in Tampa we paid one price. We have an automatic deduction from our checking account. After we moved to The Villages, we were pleasantly surprised to see we were paying less than in Tampa.
Tampa, FL
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.