Suzanne Sommers on Today show this morning.

Closed Thread
Old 10-21-2009, 07:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamma49 View Post
At times I wonder if there is a cure out there for cancer but it's suppressed based on the loss of jobs it would create.
In my opinion,this argument is promoted by people who make money selling alternative (Alternative, meaning quasi cures, scams and money making supplements not based on good heath practices) medicine.

Almost everyone I know has personally faced cancer or had it attack someone they know. I can't believe that ANYONE, and certainly not a group, would suppress that information. World Wide? In my view It isn't feasible to organize an effective group to do such a malicious thing. Research on cancer is done all over the world.

Speakers who tout this argument will frequently appear at local "Health Fairs".

And I believe no matter how we try to practice good prevention, and no matter how healthy we keep ourselves, there will be cancer until we can unlock it's genetic link. I believe that there are many kinds of cancer and I also think that good medical research is coming close to at least the good questions, if not yet the answers. We are so fortunate to see the vaccine recently put in use that will prevent many forms of cervical cancer in the future.

Last edited by graciegirl; 10-21-2009 at 07:44 AM.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:10 PM

Absolutely it is a big business. I always say that instead of Health Care Reform, cleaning up our food, water, and air would be BETTER options but I don't think possible. Big bucks in that too. I just read today that something about the plastic used in many cans and drinking bottled water causes cancer. Even simple things like soap and toothpaste: Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (just ONE bad ingredient) is sooo bad for us, yet they continue to sell products filled with this garbage that can cause blindness in baby rats! Meanwhile, we slather it on our skin and brush out teeth with it??!! Same with the aluminum cans (pop/soda) and the aluminum in our deodorants which some scientists believe contributes to Alzheimer's. (I've given up Pop for good!)

I think that chemo may be absolutely the answer in some cases but also, people need to look at what they are eating and how they take care of themselves (exercise and such). I sell teas/herbs at the Market of Marion on the weekend. I always have business even in these hard times. People seem to be sick and tired of all the side effects of their medicines and do herbs as an option to that, along with eating healthy however I believe there is a time and a place for doctors too!

I sell a lot of Essiac Tea. People in Canada use it as a cancer fighter. Google it, pretty interesting reading, invented by a Canadian Nurse.

Best,
Tal

Quote:
Originally Posted by nONIE View Post
Oh Gracie, but in some ways Suzanne is right on. Cancer is BIG business! Very sad!

Last edited by Tallulah; 11-04-2009 at 09:14 PM.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:07 PM
Sage
Default Dateline this Sunday February 20 at 7:00.

Dateline will cover Suzanne Somers and the issues we discussed on here some time ago.
Old 02-19-2011, 03:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default Dear GG

Sooo glad you are still with us, you have been a breath of fresh air to TOTV and thankful for any and all treatments that have prolonged or saved our friends and loved ones but I have to wonder, since Susan G. Komens inception in 1982, and contributions of AT LEAST 35 million a year, WHY are we still dealing with this disease?
Old 02-19-2011, 08:26 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
Sooo glad you are still with us, you have been a breath of fresh air to TOTV and thankful for any and all treatments that have prolonged or saved our friends and loved ones but I have to wonder, since Susan G. Komens inception in 1982, and contributions of AT LEAST 35 million a year, WHY are we still dealing with this disease?
Thank you.

Why are we still dealing with this disease? And with war? And with inhumanity?

I don't know. It is like the book of Job.

Cancer is not one disease but hundreds really. My friend now has breast cancer in her lungs. Which is different than a number of forms of lung cancer. Some cancers are curable, or at least permanently remissionable, like some forms of lymphoma and some forms of leukemia, and some are almost always deadly.

Out of 13 women in my family; cousins, aunts, sister and daughter, myself, who have had breast cancer, we have lost one. And it is NOT the familial form, not detectably genetically linked, (probably not a THIS time genetically linked, but I suspect it is) and their diets were full of fruits and vegetables and they were active and none smoked, one drank a lot of diet pop.. most of them drank wine and beer....and you can go on and on.

My thought is that it is triggered by genetics, the predisposition is I think, and in some cases aging cells, hormones, environmental factors, poor diet maybe, and I strongly suspect a virus in some cases, but that is my theory, worth not even two cents. It is always wise to eat smart and to exercise and to keep yourself healthy, but cancer still strikes the healthy.

Our means of fighting it are awful, in many cases we have to pour chemical poisons into out bodies that nearly kill us and do kill healthy cells along with the malignant ones.

But that is all we have right now but I believe with my whole heart that it is not the agenda of the medical community to get together and say, we aren't going to find a cure for cancer. That is silly. Those doctors are dying of it too and so are their wives and children.

Help me off of this soap box and forgive me for this rant.

But I am gonna watch this TV show tomorrow night about Suzanne Somers who I feel is completely off base.
Old 02-19-2011, 08:36 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Thank you.

Why are we still dealing with this disease? And with war? And with inhumanity?

I don't know. It is like the book of Job.

Cancer is not one disease but hundreds really. My friend now has breast cancer in her lungs. Which is different than a number of forms of lung cancer. Some cancers are curable, or at least permanently remissionable, like some forms of lymphoma and some forms of leukemia, and some are almost always deadly.

Out of 13 women in my family; cousins, aunts, sister and daughter, myself, who have had breast cancer, we have lost one. And it is NOT the familial form, not detectably genetically linked, (probably not a THIS time genetically linked, but I suspect it is) and their diets were full of fruits and vegetables and they were active and none smoked, one drank a lot of diet pop.. most of them drank wine and beer....and you can go on and on.

My thought is that it is triggered by genetics, the predisposition is I think, and in some cases aging cells, hormones, environmental factors, poor diet maybe, and I strongly suspect a virus in some cases, but that is my theory, worth not even two cents. It is always wise to eat smart and to exercise and to keep yourself healthy, but cancer still strikes the healthy.

Our means of fighting it are awful, in many cases we have to pour chemical poisons into out bodies that nearly kill us and do kill healthy cells along with the malignant ones.

But that is all we have right now but I believe with my whole heart that it is not the agenda of the medical community to get together and say, we aren't going to find a cure for cancer. That is silly. Those doctors are dying of it too and so are their wives and children.

Help me off of this soap box and forgive me for this rant.

But I am gonna watch this TV show tomorrow night about Suzanne Somers who I feel is completely off base.
People like Suzanne Somers do a great disservice to many folks who have or will contract cancer. Anyone who finds a cure for a cancer,would become extreemely wealthy overnight. On this subject as on many others, the conspiracy theorists are and will always be with us.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:14 AM
Gold member

I am also a survivor...two years post treatment. but still on meds that have done a real number on me. better then the alternative though. i decided against chemo because the % of additional protection beyond surgery and radiation was so low it was outweighted by the % that having chemo would cause additional cancers. i have 3 more years of meds and then can get off the meds. i have not regreted my choice of no chemo for one second... we currently live in a remote rural area and i think being around all the good people in TV will be a blessing for us!
Old 02-19-2011, 10:27 AM
Sage

"but cancer still strikes the healthy.".....without a doubt, Gracie. It can and it does. Granted lifestyle choices may keep us strong and feeling well, but there is more to this disease than preventing its happening by "good living." Genetics plays quite a role in what our bodies do when faced with initiation factors, by that I mean various stimuli that initiate molecular changes within our cells, our bodies. At this point, we have some clues about various triggers, but the entire chemical process is still shrouded.

My father lived to be 97 years old. His diet was loaded with fat, he smoked, drank every once in a while. My grandmother, Dad's mom, was in her late 90's when she passed...as was her mother. My father in law was the picture of health, eating correctly, exercising, he'd given up smoking years and years and years ago, and yet he was a cancer victim who lost his battle in his early 70's. His doctor said his good health and strong body kept him going, but his cancer was incurable.

Cancer is a horrible disease, a varied and multifaceted disorder and I have no doubt that one day it will be "conquered." Hopefully that day will come soon.
Old 02-19-2011, 11:05 AM

I'm a cancer survivor for 13 years. I made a decision to use a combination of traditional and holistics methods. Each day I'm grateful for my life and I make it my job to care for myself to the best of my ability. However, cancer is insidious, sneaky and will have it's way.

My Sister passed away five years ago from breast cancer. She was a holistic nurse practitioner. Her needless death still saddens me, she turned her eye from proven methods that would have given her life. But this was her choice, she was an adult.

Somewhere there is balance, each person must decide their treatment. The more you understand your disease the more power you will have as a patient.

God bless all of you who are survivors and those of you who are in treatment.

Life is precious, lean into the love.
Old 02-19-2011, 11:23 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Dr. Nancy Snyderman is scheduled to interview Chrissy (Sommers) on Dateline NBC Sunday evening. I will watch as I have had debates on this with my sister who is a Sommers disciple.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.