Therapy

Closed Thread
Old 06-28-2021, 11:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,021 Times in 5,322 Posts
Default Therapy

My wife had lower back surgery last December and still has pain in walking.

Earlier this year she had Therapy with Cora and it was helpful but they kept changing therapists and very often therapists had 4 or so patients at one time so she was not getting the attention she was hoping for.

Anyone have a recommendation?

Humana Gold has the following in their systems but we know nothing about them
Rehab GV
Physio Med
Advanced Physical Therapy of Central Florida

Thanks so much for your help.
Old 06-28-2021, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
My wife had lower back surgery last December and still has pain in walking.

Earlier this year she had Therapy with Cora and it was helpful but they kept changing therapists and very often therapists had 4 or so patients at one time so she was not getting the attention she was hoping for.

Anyone have a recommendation?

Humana Gold has the following in their systems but we know nothing about them
Rehab GV
Physio Med
Advanced Physical Therapy of Central Florida

Thanks so much for your help.
My wife had lower back disk surgery beginning of April. She had back pain and very bad sciatic nerve down one leg. Successful surgery with Dr Christopher Baker in Winter Park. She has been doing physical therapy twice a week with Physio Med and is very happy with them. One on one treatment and excellent care. Would recommend checking them out.
Old 06-28-2021, 08:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,021 Times in 5,322 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by walterray1 View Post
My wife had lower back disk surgery beginning of April. She had back pain and very bad sciatic nerve down one leg. Successful surgery with Dr Christopher Baker in Winter Park. She has been doing physical therapy twice a week with Physio Med and is very happy with them. One on one treatment and excellent care. Would recommend checking them out.
Thanks for your post. My wife has a call into them.
Old 06-29-2021, 09:16 AM
Sage

A few years ago I was sent to Physio Med and had therapy from July through October there. I only ever saw one therapist. It is located at 466 at Rolling Acres and is a very nice facility. Have been to others here but none as good as Physio Med.
Old 06-29-2021, 12:05 PM

Certo - I had back surgery 15 years ago and the pain came back after 4-5 months. Dr said 10% fail, but he would do surgery over, but would not guarantee problem would not come back. Said scar tissue was now probably the problem. After various pain meds, epidural shots in lower spine and in coccyx, magnets in shoes, water bed, air bed, latex bed, chiropractor (stretched on rack, adjustments, acupuncture, electric stimulation), cold packs, hot packs, and probably a few treatments I have missed, a holistic doctor recommended Certo (fruit pectin) taken with grape juice. I thought what the heck, it can't hurt. After 10 days no back pain. I took Certo every day for 3-4 months and now I take it if I get more than a twinge or muscle cramp. After a couple days I am good-to-go. Basically, I have been pain-free for 15 years. I can touch my toes and move side to side with no problem. You have nothing to lose. If I had it to do over again, I would skip the surgery and go straight to Certo.
Closed Thread

Tags
therapy, therapists, systems, hoping, humana

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.