A NY Doctor shared His results using Hydroxycloroquine Chloroquine/Azithromycin
200mg 2x daily Hydroxy Chloroquine
500mg 1x daily Azithromycin
220mg 1x daily Zinc sulfate

350 patients
• Breathing restored 3-4 hours
• Zero deaths
• Zero intubations

So there are more firsthand reports coming out of NYC, the possibility of returning to normal sooner than later is still dependent upon social distancing to break the infection rate. However, stay vigilant until the pandemic is over

Bahrain claims success with anti-malarial drug used on coronavirus patients

sportsguy

Last edited by CoachKandSportsguy; 03-25-2020 at 07:20 PM.
Old 03-25-2020, 07:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

This was in a letter from an unidentified person, claiming to be a doctor...to Hannity.

While hoping it's totally legit...one has to wonder.

Click Here

Quote:
Well, what -- what we see in some of those anecdotal studies, we are going to put to the test.
Old 03-25-2020, 07:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy View Post

350 patients
• Zero deaths
• Zero intubations

So there are more firsthand reports coming out of NYC, the possibility of returning to normal sooner than later is still dependent upon social distancing to break the infection rate. However, stay vigilant until the pandemic is over

sportsguy

Any chance you have a link for this info ? I need good news.

These "news conferences" daily are beginning to be rallies. Lots of self congratulation as death tolls rise, unemployment surges, hospitals are collapsing and are overwhelmed, state and local leaders warn the worse to come.

So, give me a legit link to good news. The link you supply is from Bahrain.
Old 03-25-2020, 07:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,898 Times in 913 Posts

N95 Masks are now being sterilized by UV light, and are being reused.
365NEWSX.COM::USA::As Coronavirus Looms, a Hospital Begins Sterilizing Masks for Reuse

So what makes this country great is its ingenuity and problem solving skills when facing a challenge.
There are other sources validating this but are private

Sportsguy
Old 03-25-2020, 07:45 PM
Sage
Default Validation

Agreed, so currently the data is anecdotal, but have patience and keep an eye out for it. The positive hope will be out in a few days, is my prediction. . . as the anecdotal becomes stronger.

sportsguy
Old 03-25-2020, 07:46 PM
Platinum member

Not so good news. The local daily paper in New York – the Daily News reports NYC has built a massive makeshift morgue at Bellevue hospital that can accommodate thousands of deceased should the usual system not be able to handle. Now that’s Terrifying

Last edited by DianeM; 03-25-2020 at 07:57 PM.
Old 03-25-2020, 08:48 PM
Sage

Phil Bak @philbak1
·
6h ago

Family friend, healthy male about 65 or 70, was about to go on ventilator last night for covid at NYC hospital. They gave him the new drug cocktail (hydroxychloroquine and whatever else), woke up this am breathing easily and no fever. Firsthand story.

Now this is good news!

Here is where you have to understand that reading or listening to main stream media, or MSM for short, will not be your best source of news. Why, because these are commercial outlets who have a profit motive, and an audience who is looking for confirmation bias. As a trader and investor, my IRA is up from the end of January, and my trading account is down less than 10%. The reason is that I don't use or read MSM. I use a large sample of public individual sources, which over time, I deem to be "truthful" or have limited bias. None of these are in the news. I don't own a facebook account.

I have proven this to my wife, as I will read her items and within the week, it will be in the MSM news. These are ways that investors get ideas for up and coming stocks, actions, etc. or commenting about something that is fishy, etc.

Yes, the source is twitter. I follow about 500 users, scattered around the world, and all have a relationship to finance or other closely related interests. not my friends nor family, and I read both sides of arguments, bulls and bears to be balanced, but most are professionals, and they are constantly searching for news ahead of the news, the good and the bad slivers to get the edge on changes in psychology or events.

So that is why I am starting to be optimistic that I will be able to be there to put the house through a warranty inspection prior to the warranty expirying in the beginning of May. And yes, I was scared sh!tless that I wouldn't be able to see retirement, but the tiny bit of positive news is starting to slip out. I change channels as soon as the POTUS is anywhere being on the screen, he is not one of my follows on twitter. So continue the process for health safety, and keep looking for those tiny slivers of good news.

sportsguy
Old 03-25-2020, 10:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,426 Times in 3,080 Posts

I will believe twitter "reports" when those reports come from actual, verified, legitimate medical sources (like the head of the research teams that are working on the vaccines and treatments), or the CDC or local health department updates. I don't care how many followers you have on Twitter, or which alt-news media site you got it from. If the source of the information can't be verified by the CDC (or at least by Snopes, for crying out loud) then the information is at best, worthless and at worst - dangerous.
Old 03-25-2020, 10:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,426 Times in 3,080 Posts

Also - an equities trader who promotes a pharmaceutical to treat a pandemic shortly after the worst day in the Dow in history? - nah, not suspicious at all.
Old 03-25-2020, 10:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,996 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Phil Bak @philbak1
·
6h ago

Family friend, healthy male about 65 or 70, was about to go on ventilator last night for covid at NYC hospital. They gave him the new drug cocktail (hydroxychloroquine and whatever else), woke up this am breathing easily and no fever. Firsthand story.

Now this is good news!

Here is where you have to understand that reading or listening to main stream media, or MSM for short, will not be your best source of news. Why, because these are commercial outlets who have a profit motive, and an audience who is looking for confirmation bias. As a trader and investor, my IRA is up from the end of January, and my trading account is down less than 10%. The reason is that I don't use or read MSM. I use a large sample of public individual sources, which over time, I deem to be "truthful" or have limited bias. None of these are in the news. I don't own a facebook account.

I have proven this to my wife, as I will read her items and within the week, it will be in the MSM news. These are ways that investors get ideas for up and coming stocks, actions, etc. or commenting about something that is fishy, etc.

Yes, the source is twitter. I follow about 500 users, scattered around the world, and all have a relationship to finance or other closely related interests. not my friends nor family, and I read both sides of arguments, bulls and bears to be balanced, but most are professionals, and they are constantly searching for news ahead of the news, the good and the bad slivers to get the edge on changes in psychology or events.

So that is why I am starting to be optimistic that I will be able to be there to put the house through a warranty inspection prior to the warranty expirying in the beginning of May. And yes, I was scared sh!tless that I wouldn't be able to see retirement, but the tiny bit of positive news is starting to slip out. I change channels as soon as the POTUS is anywhere being on the screen, he is not one of my follows on twitter. So continue the process for health safety, and keep looking for those tiny slivers of good news.

sportsguy
Even the possibility of good news is welcome. Hope is a wonderful thing.
Old 03-26-2020, 04:50 AM

Quote:

350 patients
• Zero deaths
• Zero intubations

sportsguy
My daughter says hydroxycloroquine has not helped her patients at all.

The CDC says that this drug, if misused, can cause severe retinal damage.

So don’t be self medicating with this stuff.
Old 03-26-2020, 04:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,349 Times in 2,505 Posts

Fearing coronavirus, Arizona man dies after taking a form of chloroquine used in aquariums - CNN
Old 03-26-2020, 05:06 AM

Quote:

350 patients
• Zero deaths
• Zero intubations

sportsguy
OMG, please don't take anything your own doctor doesn't prescribe. There have already been deaths associated with taking some of those drugs in the US and overseas because they heard it from the president or other non-scientist! Just don't do it!
Old 03-26-2020, 07:12 AM

Yes... the whole world is reporting success... scientists and doctors just need to hurry up and do a controlled test to confirm results.
Old 03-26-2020, 07:16 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,199 Times in 461 Posts

I believe this will end sooner than media says. They always have an axe to grind and it usually does not benefit people. Information will leak out from different sources and confirmation will come with consensus. These drugs have been peer reviewed in Europe and apparently they work. What is needed is treatments to help the sick and vaccines are a long way off. We will know the curve once we see the numbers start to drop and the President’s actions have been substantial and appropriate. Keeping my fingers crossed for an early recuperation both for people and our economy.
Closed Thread

Tags
daily, normal, firsthand, reports, coming

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.