There is starting to be good news out of New York City

Closed Thread
Old 03-26-2020, 03:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,513 Times in 3,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diverdave View Post
I know the chemical names are similar, but aquarium cleaner isn't for human consumption. Often people will grasp for any kind of hope when they have been lead to a feeling of hopelessness.

Coronavirus is serious, but this is not time to panic. Wash,/ Sanitise your hands, avoid close conract with others, be smart and you have a 99.99% chance of being fine. Go off the deep end and gargle with Draino and your odds drop quickly.
Especially when that hope is being fed by misleading or even flat-out incorrect information.
Old 03-26-2020, 04:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

I heard from the people playing cards and standing to close together after Golf that they heard from the guy who took their groceries to the car at Publix in PLASTIC BAGS supplied by PUBLIX that Dr. Gregory House has been activated and will come up with an answer to all problems in the next 24 hours! Have no fear!

Grow Up! It's not to late! Just do the things you've been told to do to not get sick! OR GET ME OR MINE SICK! Gimme 6 feet in Publix when I'm in line. I put an empty cart behind me and keep it there to keep the Pinhead behind me away! Screw their feelings! My life is important!

Did I ever mention that I love the pool? I wouldn't go in any pool at this point and won't until this is under control. We were trying to visit every pool in The Villages and have made it to 42 or 43 of them already. I wanna live and all I have to do is do my part and if any error is made it will be on the side of being overly cautious.

We all make mistakes but we're not to old to learn from our mistakes. Straighten up Fly Rite and LIVE! It wouldn't be any fun around here without each one of you!
Old 03-26-2020, 06:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,017 Times in 1,743 Posts

Can’t believe that even under these dire times people are still talking politics. So totally unuseful, in my opinion.

With so much of the world working on this virus, and so much funds funneled towards it, there has to be some breakthroughs soon.
Old 03-26-2020, 06:18 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Thank you for the advice
I was just about to gargle Draino, along with the half pint of bleach that my local refuse collector recommended as a sure fire way to ward off the virus.
I will just stick to drinking Lysol in future.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, bourbon in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO - what a ride!" -- Hunter S. Thompson
Old 03-26-2020, 11:03 PM
Default But, but, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyitsrick View Post
NY's Democrat Governor Andrew Cuomo has approved the testing of the "hydroxychloroquine cocktail". Comments here about this drug combo efficacy being "misinformation" or simply touted by non-scientists or alt-whatever news sources is unequivocally wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyitsrick View Post

If people want to wait for full-scale long-term studies, that's fine. Tell that to a dying patient - perhaps (and hopefully not) someone you know - with no other hope. At least give the willing a chance. There's no guarantees, of course, but these are not normal times.

New York To Begin Clinical Trials For Coronavirus Treatment Tuesday, Cuomo Says
You are setting up a straw man and knocking him down, as the argument goes. First of all, pharmacology is not an easy science. I doubt that most of us can make a sound judgment without consulting a physician. Second, there is no "rushing" a cure for anything at all, ever. Science plods along. Even if it means some of our friends, family, ourselves may die before the right things comes along. Third, extrapolating that we MUST have found the cure because 10 or 20 regular physicians who are out of their depth with epidemiology are trying out off-label drugs with a patient's consent is Russian Roulette. In any case, most people in their last days on respirators are often comotose.

The bottom line , I find, is that self-quarantine is the VERY BEST WAY to get the numbers we want to see. (Dr. Fauci) You can hope til death that this, that, or another thing might work, but science does not operate that way. Staying away from places and people for a healthily long time is worth the effort if you want to live, and ESPECIALLY if you would be likely, like me, to pass on were I to get the virus (diabetic)

I am bummed out, as are many of you, I think, over this awful plague. We have lost some friends, too. But to me, it seems worthwhile to use the best practices where others seem to abandon themselves to Fate.

Last edited by Mumbles; 03-26-2020 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Had to change my mind
Old 03-29-2020, 12:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Interesting how the malaria medicine is suddenly deadly. It wasn't deadly when they gave it to everyone in Vietnam. I am not sure, but they probably gave it the military during WWII also; at least those fighting in the jungles of SE Asia. Tell me that you won't take an experimental drug IF you are dying from an illness. Good grief, such gloom and doom on here. Where is the REAL AMERICAN positive thinking that made this country great?
Old 03-29-2020, 01:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Last night I heard on NBC News that nearly 500 law enforcement officers were infected in NYC. There have been over a dozen deaths from Covid-19 each day for three or four days at a one hospital in Queens. Starts with a P. The City is very concerned for their first responders, but I can't remember if they mentioned any had the virus.

Two weeks ago an emergency room doctor in NYC died of Covid-19.

I hope after this is over that perhaps people can be put to work, rehabbing many of the outdated buildings where people live with unworkable fire escapes and lack of safe exit if there were a fire. The whole city, the bumpy sidewalks and the trap doors leading into basements in the sidewalks have so many safety hazards that folks here wouldn't put up with for a New York Minute!

Tags
daily, normal, firsthand, reports, coming

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.