For those who are interested in planning a healthy Thanksgiving

Closed Thread
Old 11-27-2013, 11:28 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygilchrist View Post
that hurts. I'm glad you brushed off and came back out to play. everybody gets knocked down on the playground. i'm interested in anti-inflammatory diet and use dr. weil's pyramid. it takes dedication to eat that much in a day. LOL
That's good. I'm glad to hear it. My diet is anti-inflammatory too. That's part of what it takes to help prevent cancer and other degenerative diseases. I believe I have a couple of his books but I don't remember what's in his pyramid. When I get a chance I'll look for it. I never got too excited about his work because, if I remember correctly, he's big on supplements and herbs.
Old 11-27-2013, 11:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages PL View Post
That's good. I'm glad to hear it. My diet is anti-inflammatory too. That's part of what it takes to help prevent cancer and other degenerative diseases. I believe I have a couple of his books but I don't remember what's in his pyramid. When I get a chance I'll look for it. I never got too excited about his work because, if I remember correctly, he's big on supplements and herbs.
If you click on the parts of the pyramid in the link Kitty gave, it will bring up a window listing foods in that group and why they are beneficial.
Old 11-27-2013, 11:58 PM
Sage

Quote:
You're attempting to alter the statement. The statement started with, "At our age", implying that when you reach a certain age there's no point in worrying about health.
I read no such implication. It's simply your inference because it suits your argument.
Old 11-29-2013, 04:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
I read "enjoy", not "throw in the towel"...and that applies to any age.
I see that the phrase "throw in the towel" has you confused. So forget about that phrase. The essence of my question was to find out, in his opinion, what age has to do with it. If I was wrong in my assumption, he could have set the record straight. I would like to know why one would suddenly start to enjoy themselves at a certain age?
Old 11-29-2013, 04:38 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
If you click on the parts of the pyramid in the link Kitty gave, it will bring up a window listing foods in that group and why they are beneficial.
Really? I didn't see any such link.
Old 11-29-2013, 10:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
I see that the phrase "throw in the towel" has you confused...
Finally we agree on something, VPL. Much of what you say leaves me confused.
Old 11-30-2013, 01:13 AM
Sage

Quote:
I would like to know why one would suddenly start to enjoy themselves at a certain age?
Because at a certain age, one retires.

Because they retire, they sleep in if they feel like it, they golf daily, they get new hobbies, their time is finally their own, they can be barefoot at last and do whatever the heck they want!!
Old 11-30-2013, 12:52 PM
Sage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Because at a certain age, one retires.

Because they retire, they sleep in if they feel like it, they golf daily, they get new hobbies, their time is finally their own, they can be barefoot at last and do whatever the heck they want!!
The thread heading is: For those interested in planning a healthy Thanksgiving. So we're talking about food and we don't know if this person is still working or retired. If retired, we don't know how long the person has been retired. The person started by saying, "At my age", not "Now that I'm retired".

Nice try though. Anyone else care to give it a shot?
Old 11-30-2013, 01:28 PM
Sage

Last edited by Barefoot; 11-30-2013 at 08:52 PM. Reason: No need for comment
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.