Another must read FYI article that addresses the GMO issue

Closed Thread
Old 01-15-2015, 09:53 PM
Veteran member
Default Another must read FYI article that addresses the GMO issue

Thought this was worth passing on. It really addresses the GMO issue and the ramifications of the spread of it in the food chain.

LW888

Half of All Children Will Be Autistic by 2050, According to MIT Scientist
Old 01-20-2015, 11:47 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightworker888 View Post
Thought this was worth passing on. It really addresses the GMO issue and the ramifications of the spread of it in the food chain.

LW888

Dr. Seneff, in your link, mentioned that a correlation has been reported between vaccines and autism. But the CDC says there is no relationship.

CDC - Concerns About Autism - Vaccine Safety
Old 01-20-2015, 02:47 PM
Veteran member
Default Differences of Opinion-VPL

VPL I guess that we each have to choose how we feel about this issue. I just put it out there as info. Seems that the debate rages on and will probably continue for many years to come. I know there are may be other factors other than to vaccinate or not when it comes to autism, and we each have to live with our choices, just as we do with our food choices and other lifestyle choices.

LW888
Old 01-20-2015, 04:28 PM
Sage

The referenced article displays some of my pet peeves with reporting in general.

1. The article states that the researcher "suspects" there may be a connection between glyphosate use and autism. But the article goes on to use terms like "obviously", implying that the link is proven, when it is not proven at this time.

2. A graph is presented showing use of glyphosate on one axis and autism incidence on another over time. The curves are remarkably similar. However, if I change the units on either axis, the resulting graph could show that glyphosate use is increasing at a much faster rate than autism incidence. Or I could change the units to make the graph show that autism is rising much faster than glyphosate use. Or I could change one of the elements and show that autism is rising at the same rate as cell phone usage among seniors as long as I set my parameters properly to do so.

This not to disparage the researcher nor her work or findings. Her findings are worthy of note and demand further investigation to determine if there is a definite causal connection. My training demands I look at the results of one researcher's findings with a jaundiced eye and look for corroborating findings from someone else and/or look at the source of funding for the research to establish whether there is any built-in bias.
Old 01-20-2015, 05:32 PM
Sage

I started reading the article, but came to the conclusion in the first paragraph that the author (of the article, not the research) was biased and/or had an agenda. I could not read on with any confidence of impartiality.
Old 01-26-2015, 06:24 AM
Sage
Default Two sides to this story

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightworker888 View Post

LW888

We know young couples (nieces, nephews, children of friends, etc., etc., etc. our own kids) who are all aware of this GMO problem.
Everyone is aware of the potential dangers. Even the vaccines (another story for another time) are not the same as we received.

We were all very very proud of our state for having signed the GMO LABELING LAW in Vermont.

The foodstuffs in our grocery stores today are NOT the foods we were raised on. The labels speak for themselves. This is why it is best to cook from scratch with real authentic fresh food if one can still do it........saving the convenience foods for a true emergency situation......if at all necessary even at that.

Two sides of the story..........

Last year, 2014, our Vermont Governor signed GMO food labeling law. It was the first in the nation.

After Vermont Passes GMO Labeling Law, Food Industry Announces Plans To Sue

After Vermont Passes GMO Labeling Law, Food Industry Announces Plans To Sue
Food Industry Associations Sue Vermont Over GMO Labeling Law | Food Safety News

Food Sustainability, GMO Crops, Water Conservation | Discover Monsanto

Food Sustainability, GMO Crops, etc. by Monsanto

Please keep scrolling to the bottom of this online article (advert by Chemical Corporation MONSANTO)
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.