On time appointments?

Closed Thread
Old 11-13-2018, 11:21 AM
Default On time appointments?

Is there any doctor in The Villages that schedules appointments so your waiting time is minimal? I know things can’t run exactly on time but waiting for more than an hour before you can see the doctor is unacceptable to me. Oh - and I’d appreciate a recommendation other than The Villages Health. I know they are good but they don’t take my insurance. [emoji3525]
Old 11-13-2018, 12:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,615 Times in 5,196 Posts

I have not experienced the problem you describe with any doctors I use. Never had to wait anywhere close to an hour.
Old 11-13-2018, 12:54 PM
Platinum member

Ask for first appointment of the day.
Old 11-13-2018, 01:29 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Lou View Post
Is there any doctor in The Villages that schedules appointments so your waiting time is minimal?[emoji3525]
There are a number of doctors in and around The Villages offering concierge services. One of the benefits they offer is on time appointments, along with same day appointments in most cases too.

The can do this because they limit the number of patients they have, which is the same thing Villages Health does.

The do charge an annual fee which is not covered by Medicare and most insurances though.

the villages concierge doctor - Google Search
Old 11-13-2018, 03:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

The on time doctors we see in Ocala do not have a "concierge fee" (BS!).

They do stress they are on time doctors with simple rules.
Report in 15 minutes before one's appointment.

If you are late you will be charged $50 and rescheduled.

Works with no problems for either side.

In my opinion the consierge fee is a scalping of gullible villages residents willing to pay extra to doctors for that which they SHOULD BE providing as a matter of course.

TV resident demand provides fertile ground for the medical opportunists.....what was the name of the oath they took?????
Old 11-13-2018, 04:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 820 Posts

I have VHS at Santa Barbara. Longest wait ever was 10 minutes for labs or Doc.
Old 11-13-2018, 07:39 PM
Platinum member

I've had good luck with SIMED across from Target on 441.
Old 11-13-2018, 08:04 PM
Gold member

Make your appointment first in the AM, or right before lunch time, or right before closing....no wait.
Old 11-13-2018, 08:15 PM
Email Reported As Spam
Default DR. Apppointments

[QUOTE=Mary Lou;1598743]Is there any doctor in The Villages that schedules appointments so your waiting time is minimal? I know things can’t run exactly on time but waiting for more than an hour before you can see the doctor is

Hi, we moved here form out of state. In some other states, a Doctor could not survive, the reliability of some here is incredible and wrong. But if folks are going to sit there for an hour, then it will continue. We have walked out on two doctors, they were so late. So, they called us at home later, and I told them they will be within 15 minutes or we leave. so they shaped up a bit. It is incredible here for sure. No offense, but if you put up with it, they will continue. They seem to have a captive crowd and a lot of folks who will put up with it. OK, in another state, I sold our house, ready to move, the gent who bought our house, made his rounds, he "interviewed' several doctors in the area, and made it clear on his demands, he said that works. He said they will give him a no charge interview to clarify their service. Be firm and be prompt and do not let them string you out It is up to you.

Old 11-14-2018, 01:40 AM
Platinum member
Default I'll Wait

To those who complain of having to wait: What will be your reaction if your 'on time' doctor tells you that you will have to come back another time because other patients are waiting and he/she is going to get off schedule if he/she continues with you any longer? What if that doctor has a patient in the hospital and takes extra time? What if you are THAT patient; do you want your doctor to rush off to the office so nobody has to wait? Remember this, too, when your doctor has said you can go home and has to write your discharge orders. If several are going home the same day, it will possibly skew the office schedule.

Everyone wants the best doctors, but don't want to share. The best doctors will always be the busiest and most usually will have the furthest out appointment times and often times longer waits in the office. I am happy to have the best.

I had the misfortune of having a doctor tell me when I told him I had another question, that he didn't have time. The operative word here: HAD (a doctor).
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."
Old 11-14-2018, 10:15 AM

Right. Me too. Hardly ever a wait over 10 minutes at Santa Barbara.......But try go for an eye appointment at Lake eye. One and a half hours is common. So irritating. It's like nobody has anything else to do except wait for them all day!. Very inconsiderate scheduling.
Old 11-14-2018, 03:08 PM
Platinum member

I see Dr. Delbakhsh who has offices in Summerfield and a new one in Wildwood not far from Pinellas Plaza. usually very little if any waiting. 352-435-7321 also very nice doctor and friendly staff. I, too, got frustrated with a previous dr. (the wait was only one thing though) routinely one would wait 45 minutes if one was lucky. while things do come up, it's not like the old days when these doctors made hospital rounds. I understand the occasional situation that may arise, but it's frustrating that if it happens a lot. that being said, if I felt the doctor's expertise was exceptional and worth the wait, I would certainly do it.
Old 11-14-2018, 03:32 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillywho View Post
To those who complain of having to wait: What will be your reaction if your 'on time' doctor tells you that you will have to come back another time because other patients are waiting and he/she is going to get off schedule if he/she continues with you any longer? What if that doctor has a patient in the hospital and takes extra time? What if you are THAT patient; do you want your doctor to rush off to the office so nobody has to wait? Remember this, too, when your doctor has said you can go home and has to write your discharge orders. If several are going home the same day, it will possibly skew the office schedule.

Everyone wants the best doctors, but don't want to share. The best doctors will always be the busiest and most usually will have the furthest out appointment times and often times longer waits in the office. I am happy to have the best.

I had the misfortune of having a doctor tell me when I told him I had another question, that he didn't have time. The operative word here: HAD (a doctor).
I become very embarrassed if I’m late for an appointment. If a doctor has an emergency or any other delay, the very LEAST they could do is call me immediately.

This is not an area where I have a lot of patience.
Old 11-14-2018, 03:33 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janewk View Post
Right. Me too. Hardly ever a wait over 10 minutes at Santa Barbara.......But try go for an eye appointment at Lake eye. One and a half hours is common. So irritating. It's like nobody has anything else to do except wait for them all day!. Very inconsiderate scheduling.
Go to St. Luke. Flawless!
Old 11-14-2018, 05:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by janewk View Post
I have had the exact experience as you in both places. Try being a little late at Lake Eye on a day when they are running like a swiss watch, they were ruthless with a very nice lady who was late because she was moving sorta slow like me. They were going to send her home. My wife gave the lady her time slot and we just came back another day. Rough being married to an angel. My appointment that day was on the money.

Santa Barbara is the best. They really have their act together.
Closed Thread

Tags
time, waiting, doctor, villages, appointments

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.