On time appointments?

On time appointments?

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 11-14-2018, 10:15 AM

Right. Me too. Hardly ever a wait over 10 minutes at Santa Barbara.......But try go for an eye appointment at Lake eye. One and a half hours is common. So irritating. It's like nobody has anything else to do except wait for them all day!. Very inconsiderate scheduling.

Old 11-14-2018, 03:08 PM
Gold member

I see Dr. Delbakhsh who has offices in Summerfield and a new one in Wildwood not far from Pinellas Plaza. usually very little if any waiting. 352-435-7321 also very nice doctor and friendly staff. I, too, got frustrated with a previous dr. (the wait was only one thing though) routinely one would wait 45 minutes if one was lucky. while things do come up, it's not like the old days when these doctors made hospital rounds. I understand the occasional situation that may arise, but it's frustrating that if it happens a lot. that being said, if I felt the doctor's expertise was exceptional and worth the wait, I would certainly do it.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2018, 03:32 PM
Gold member

Location: Bridgeport CT; Boston, Winthrop, Dorchester, Canton, Provincetown MA; The Village of Hadley

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillywho View Post
To those who complain of having to wait: What will be your reaction if your 'on time' doctor tells you that you will have to come back another time because other patients are waiting and he/she is going to get off schedule if he/she continues with you any longer? What if that doctor has a patient in the hospital and takes extra time? What if you are THAT patient; do you want your doctor to rush off to the office so nobody has to wait? Remember this, too, when your doctor has said you can go home and has to write your discharge orders. If several are going home the same day, it will possibly skew the office schedule.

Everyone wants the best doctors, but don't want to share. The best doctors will always be the busiest and most usually will have the furthest out appointment times and often times longer waits in the office. I am happy to have the best.

I had the misfortune of having a doctor tell me when I told him I had another question, that he didn't have time. The operative word here: HAD (a doctor).
I become very embarrassed if I’m late for an appointment. If a doctor has an emergency or any other delay, the very LEAST they could do is call me immediately.

This is not an area where I have a lot of patience.
Old 11-14-2018, 03:33 PM
Gold member

Location: Bridgeport CT; Boston, Winthrop, Dorchester, Canton, Provincetown MA; The Village of Hadley

Quote:
Originally Posted by janewk View Post
Right. Me too. Hardly ever a wait over 10 minutes at Santa Barbara.......But try go for an eye appointment at Lake eye. One and a half hours is common. So irritating. It's like nobody has anything else to do except wait for them all day!. Very inconsiderate scheduling.
Go to St. Luke. Flawless!
Old 11-14-2018, 05:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by janewk View Post
I have had the exact experience as you in both places. Try being a little late at Lake Eye on a day when they are running like a swiss watch, they were ruthless with a very nice lady who was late because she was moving sorta slow like me. They were going to send her home. My wife gave the lady her time slot and we just came back another day. Rough being married to an angel. My appointment that day was on the money.

Santa Barbara is the best. They really have their act together.
Old 11-14-2018, 05:24 PM

Everyone wants the best doctors, but don't want to share. The best doctors will always be the busiest and most usually will have the furthest out appointment times and often times longer waits in the office. I am happy to have the best.

Agreed. I'll wait awhile for a good doctor but I'll wait even longer for a great doctor. Just make sure you find one that works best for you.
Royal Air Force Benson, England
Eielson Air Force Base, AK, Clark AFB, Philippines
Kadena AFB, Okinawa Japan, Yakota AFB, Japan
Osan AB, Pyeongtaek, South Korea, Yangsan Army Garrison, Seoul South Korea
Old 11-14-2018, 05:29 PM

I always get the first appoint of the day or the first after lunch.It prevents the Domino effect
Old 11-14-2018, 06:25 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnectingRod View Post
I always get the first appoint of the day or the first after lunch.It prevents the Domino effect
that's when the 3-4 people in front of you show up 5-10 late.
Old 11-14-2018, 06:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by seoulbrooks View Post

Agreed. I'll wait awhile for a good doctor but I'll wait even longer for a great doctor. Just make sure you find one that works best for you.
Consider outside the bubble. The cross section of patients is very different. I personally find the doctor's attitudes are very different as well.
Old 11-15-2018, 06:43 PM

Your Dr's apt time is only a mere suggestion as to what time you may actually be seen. Many times I just leave and no one notices .

Tags
time, waiting, doctor, villages, appointments