On time appointments?

On time appointments?

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 02-11-2019, 01:11 PM
tmbromley tmbromley is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 26
Default

I’m sorry you can’t use the Viiages Health Care because of your insurance because that’s what I have and I never wait more than about 5 minutes. If you can change your insurance that’s what I’d recommend. Otherwise other advice you’ve gotten about leaving is pretty good. There are no easy answers to your dilemma.
Reply With Quote

  #42  
Old 02-11-2019, 02:26 PM
Caroles Home Caroles Home is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 1
Default

Don't see any answers--are they any?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #43  
Old 02-11-2019, 03:26 PM
queasy27 queasy27 is offline
Veteran member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 522
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmain41 View Post
I would think that a good office manager would say something to those waiting to explain the delay...
Part of the problem here is finding and retaining good front office and nursing staff. I recently left a long term doctor I liked because of overbooking, long wait times. and errors with billing, scheduling, prescriptions, etc. The office had only recently digitized their records and added an online patient portal but none of the staff knew how to use it. There was a lot of turnover. The phones rang busy or went to voice mail. It just became too much of a chore.

On the other hand, my dentist has really helpful, pleasant and efficient staff and assistants. Maybe she pays better, who knows
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 02-11-2019, 03:32 PM
golf2140 golf2140 is offline
Platinum member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bonita
Posts: 1,824
Default

I have two doctors with Florida Heart and Vascular, plus have my blood work done there and never wait more than 5 minutes.
__________________
Villager from 2000 until they take me out in a small box!!!
Reply With Quote
Doctors
  #45  
Old 02-26-2019, 08:44 AM
Brawnwy123 Brawnwy123 is offline
Email Reported As Spam
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 100
Default Doctors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Lou View Post
Is there any doctor in The Villages that schedules appointments so your waiting time is minimal? I know things can’t run exactly on time but waiting for more than an hour before you can see the doctor is unacceptable to me. Oh - and I’d appreciate a recommendation other than The Villages Health. I know they are good but they don’t take my insurance. On time appointments?
OK Doctors? There is a very big money pit here, so docs and others are in for that, Big Time. So, what we do, if they have the long waite time, we simply leave. If they then call us at home, we tell them to learn to meet on time or nearly so.
People of the villages, put up with it, so we are stuck with this bad habit. One doc office was late, very late commonly. We left, stopped at Perkins for breakfast and there he was with friends, just having a great time.

Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 02-26-2019, 08:56 AM
graciegirl's Avatar
graciegirl graciegirl is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: From Ohio, now happily live in Laurel Valley
Posts: 35,957
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brawnwy123 View Post
OK Doctors? There is a very big money pit here, so docs and others are in for that, Big Time. So, what we do, if they have the long waite time, we simply leave. If they then call us at home, we tell them to learn to meet on time or nearly so.
People of the villages, put up with it, so we are stuck with this bad habit. One doc office was late, very late commonly. We left, stopped at Perkins for breakfast and there he was with friends, just having a great time.


I do not think for a minute that you encountered a doctor having a great time at Perkins during her office hours.. This is NOT a "Villages problem". The Villages hasn't a damned thing to do with doctors scheduling.

There is a big money pit here? I'll say. Those damn Morses make a lot of money selling houses and pass a lot of money to the contractors, subs, and all workers who support this huge business, including groceries and filling stations and servers in restaurants, and lawn service people and garbage collectors and office workers. Industrialization has halved poverty and hunger in the world since 1990. This big business, this "money pit" has changed Sumter county from a poor county with low employment to a vibrant place to live. A rising tide lifts all ships.

AND the OP is right. You have to wait a LONG time in most doctor's offices here. Is it the SOUTH?
__________________
I have to be myself, everyone else is taken.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 02-26-2019, 09:01 AM
Jazuela Jazuela is offline
Veteran member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 713
Default

I checked their website and they don't mention that they're a concierge center. I saw that under their "specialty" section (for people needing specialty doctors like orthopedists, etc) they accept most insurances, plus medicare and medicare advantage. But under primary care, there's nothing. Is there a schedule of fees anywhere? For instance - how much is just an annual checkup? What about lab work to check your thyroid prescription twice a year? How about if you have a sore foot and want to know whether or not you need a referral to a specialist? Is there a place where potential patients can find this information on the website?
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 02-26-2019, 09:11 AM
biker1 biker1 is offline
Platinum member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,633
Default

Really? Your calling him/her a liar? Secondly, he/she never said it was a "Villages problem". He/she did say that the people who live here put up with it. He/she never said The Villages was responsible for scheduling. Thirdly, my Villages Health Care primary care physician is always on time, at least for me he is. I have never had to wait more than 10 minutes in nearly 5 years. I can't believe you are still talking about Drs in the south. Think of it as a balloon - let it go. Regarding your veering off into a discussion about the Morses and Sumter county, please try to stay on topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I do not think for a minute that you encountered a doctor having a great time at Perkins during her office hours.. This is NOT a "Villages problem". The Villages hasn't a damned thing to do with doctors scheduling.

There is a big money pit here? I'll say. Those damn Morses make a lot of money selling houses and pass a lot of money to the contractors, subs, and all workers who support this huge business, including groceries and filling stations and servers in restaurants, and lawn service people and garbage collectors and office workers. Industrialization has halved poverty and hunger in the world since 1990. This big business, this "money pit" has changed Sumter county from a poor county with low employment to a vibrant place to live. A rising tide lifts all ships.

AND the OP is right. You have to wait a LONG time in most doctor's offices here. Is it the SOUTH?

Last edited by biker1; 02-26-2019 at 09:20 AM.
Reply With Quote
Your In Control
  #49  
Old 02-26-2019, 09:30 AM
PennBF PennBF is offline
Platinum member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,561
Smile Your In Control

Actually, the patient is in control and should not tolerate disrespect on the part of the physician. We only use Mayo in Jacksonville and because of a Cancer treatment have to go for Lab and 3 Dr's Office visits about every 3 months and you can almost set your watch by the appointment times and when you see them. If a Clinic as large as Mayo and Dr's with large number of patient can keep on time appointments then why can't the ones in The Villages. Just a guess: want an assembly line of patients and that means scheduling overlap numbers so Dr. does not wait which starts the disrespect for the patient, maximize dollars rather then respect the patients time. There should be times when there are emergencies and the Dr is called out. In these cases I like the note from the person who said she worked for a Dr up north who gave patient alternatives when this happened.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 02-26-2019, 09:38 AM
graciegirl's Avatar
graciegirl graciegirl is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: From Ohio, now happily live in Laurel Valley
Posts: 35,957
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
I checked their website and they don't mention that they're a concierge center. I saw that under their "specialty" section (for people needing specialty doctors like orthopedists, etc) they accept most insurances, plus medicare and medicare advantage. But under primary care, there's nothing. Is there a schedule of fees anywhere? For instance - how much is just an annual checkup? What about lab work to check your thyroid prescription twice a year? How about if you have a sore foot and want to know whether or not you need a referral to a specialist? Is there a place where potential patients can find this information on the website?
The Villages Heath system does not accept all insurance. When we moved here we had our company insurance which was Aetna and it switched to Humana and they didn't take either. When the company insurance switched to United Health Care, then we could use The Villages Health Care system. We have only been in it for a couple of months but they are on time and offer a lot of educational services, do their own labwork and do have specialists that are available to people not in the system. We are really satisfied. We really like our Primary Care Physician, Dr. Treny Gulati.

The Villages Hospital is NOT part of The Villages Health Care system. It is available to all. The Morses built the building and lease it to a hospital corporation. I was hospitalized there for eight days over Christmas a year ago. I had very good care and dedicated nursing in Critical Care. The first responders really saved my life. I am very grateful to the medical personnel in this area.
__________________
I have to be myself, everyone else is taken.

Last edited by graciegirl; 02-26-2019 at 10:06 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
time, waiting, doctor, villages, appointments

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:48 AM.