Tinnitis

Closed Thread
Old 03-17-2022, 01:45 PM
Default Tinnitus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reston Easy View Post
Anyone had it? Did You find treatment? Was it successful?
Thanks for your help in advance.
I will begin by saying that I have been a pharmacist for about 40 years, with several years of experience working in the vaccine industry. I hesitate to bring this up because I don’t want to start a political fight; however it is now known that tinnitus MAY be an unexpected side effect of SARS-CoV-2 vaccination. The precise mechanism for this phenomena is unknown; however, you or your physician can read what is known so far about this in an article published online on Feb, 11, 2022 in a journal called Annals of Medicine & Surgery. Additionally, the Food & Drug Administration collects reports of adverse side effects associated with any vaccine in it’s Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System or VAERS. You can access VAERS and make your report here: vaers.hhs.gov/report . VAERS has received many reports of tinnitus in temporal association with SARS-CoV-2 vaccination; however this does not prove that the vaccine caused the event. I am not posting this to start a debate about vaccines; I am posting is because there have been anecdotal reports of some patients improving after the administration of steroids, which would require a patient with vaccine-associated tinnitus to see their physician as soon as possible. If you think any of this information I provided may apply to you, please contact your doctor now.
Old 03-17-2022, 04:55 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

I've had tinnitus for at least 40 years and have had hearing aids for over 10 years. No difference with or without the hearing aids.
Old 03-17-2022, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurel Maryland View Post
I will begin by saying that I have been a pharmacist for about 40 years, with several years of experience working in the vaccine industry. I hesitate to bring this up because I don’t want to start a political fight; however it is now known that tinnitus MAY be an unexpected side effect of SARS-CoV-2 vaccination. The precise mechanism for this phenomena is unknown; however, you or your physician can read what is known so far about this in an article published online on Feb, 11, 2022 in a journal called Annals of Medicine & Surgery. Additionally, the Food & Drug Administration collects reports of adverse side effects associated with any vaccine in it’s Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System or VAERS. You can access VAERS and make your report here: vaers.hhs.gov/report . VAERS has received many reports of tinnitus in temporal association with SARS-CoV-2 vaccination; however this does not prove that the vaccine caused the event. I am not posting this to start a debate about vaccines; I am posting is because there have been anecdotal reports of some patients improving after the administration of steroids, which would require a patient with vaccine-associated tinnitus to see their physician as soon as possible. If you think any of this information I provided may apply to you, please contact your doctor now.
Yes it very well may be vaccine related!

‘Overwhelming’ Need to Investigate COVID-19 Vaccine Tinnitus: Researchers
Old 03-17-2022, 07:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,884 Times in 2,430 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex34449 View Post
She didn't. We were not designed to live this long. If you're on a life saving drug or have had a life saving operation, well you weren't supposed to still be here.

What? Didn’t Moses live to be 900 hundred and something
Old 03-17-2022, 07:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,884 Times in 2,430 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
On the flight line, it was required that the troops have ear defenders with them. Many would wear their ear "muffs" on their toolboxes as the big jets wound up their 130 DB engines (past the threshold of pain). They. apparently considered themselves to be cool, tough, and macho. I did not see it that way and always wore mine. I did NOT experience tinnitus until I was over 75 years old.

I was jet engine mechanic for 41 years. Built hundreds of them, ran them, tested them. I had prefect hearing until I had thing called acoustic neuroma. Yes, I religiously wore ear plugs and ear defenders. I also had 55 gasser drag cars with open headers. There other problem that causes tinnitus other than noise.
Old 03-19-2022, 02:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drducat View Post
I have read that having Covid can also cause tinnitus. The CEO of Texas Roadhouse contracted Covid which caused a severe case of tinnitus for him. Sadly, this man committed suicide because of the tinnitus that began after he contracted Covid.

Here is one article about this man's suicide. If you do not like the source, there are plenty more sources which report this same thing..........

Kent Taylor, Texas Roadhouse Founder, Dies By Suicide After COVID-19 Struggle : Coronavirus Updates : NPR
Old 03-19-2022, 04:10 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,755 Times in 3,630 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL View Post
The American Tinnitus Society (American Tinnitus Association) has a tool, if you become a member (cost is $50), that will allow you to create custom sounds that can be of help in masking your tinnitus.
My Bride does that for free.
Old 03-19-2022, 06:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,468 Times in 3,093 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurel Maryland View Post
Anyone can report anything on VAERS. I can report that the vaccine made me sprout wings and fly. You can report that the vaccine posthumously caused a deathly allergy to peanutbutter that you had back in the 1970's.

Entire groups of people can all decide together via social media, to report that they have all experienced tinnitus as a result of getting vaccinated. VAERS was established in 1990 - long before broad use of social media. Now that groups of people nationwide - worldwide - can organize the spread disinformation, misinformation, alt-facts, and fake news, VAERS is even less reliable than it was when it first appeared more than 30 years ago.
Closed Thread

Tags
tinnitis, find, treatment, successful, advance

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.