Too much of good thing or a necessary supplement to good food

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 04-03-2013, 05:47 AM
Sage
Default Too much of good thing or a necessary supplement to good food

Caltrate 600+D Drug Interactions - Drugs.com=

This is actually an interesting site. Shared with me by a relative......... (click and scroll around site)......

A cousin who is on Coumadin/Warfarin wanted to check out her Caltrate 600D and other such supplements while taking vitamin/mineral supplement such as Centrum Silver.......

The drop down menu shows minor, moderate and major possible interactions among various drugs; always check with your doctor.

Even simple things like vitamins might be better not used, while getting the major nutrients needed from whole foods..............

Who understands the recent reversal , shown on news shows last year, on multi vitamin/mineral useage ???? Was there a reason given at the time???

Several prominent doctors said that these supplements might not be needed after all.............above person is not into dairy products but is at risk for osteoporosis; has osteopenia.....thus the Caltrate.

Is it too much to double up on the calcium carbonate in Caltrate while taking the multi vitamin/mineral such as Centrum Silver???

Centrum has aspartame in it, plus phenylketonurics???

Any experts out there on aspartame and penylketonurics? Possible kidney damage with the latter??

Thanks in advance..............
Old 04-03-2013, 05:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,564 Times in 1,240 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

You can overdose on calcium supplements causing a condition called hypercalcemia.

I don't take vitamins or supplements, hoping the sun and the amount of fruits and vegetables and protein in my diet is adequate. Personally I think we eat a lot more than most folks I know of plant based foods. And people who sell supplements will say that the ground lacks the nutrients for the plants that they used to. I say hogwash. You are trying to sell supplements.

Our doctor checks our vitamin D levels.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:30 AM
Sage
Default I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
You can overdose on calcium supplements causing a condition called hypercalcemia.

I don't take vitamins or supplements, hoping the sun and the amount of fruits and vegetables and protein in my diet is adequate. Personally I think we eat a lot more than most folks I know of plant based foods. And people who sell supplements will say that the ground lacks the nutrients for the plants that they used to. I say hogwash. You are trying to sell supplements.

Our doctor checks our vitamin D levels.
I agree with all of the above.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:59 AM
Sage

Doctor advised I take a one a day multivitamin and that should be enough.

I use to take two vitamin C, (500mg), if I felt a cold coming on but I wouldn't take vitamins wily nilly but that's just me.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.