Tooth Fairies Want to Know!

Closed Thread
Old 08-03-2017, 12:53 PM
Default Tooth Fairies Want to Know!

Tooth Fairies Want to Know....
Does anyone know of a good dentist in the Village's area? ....a dentist who is conservative with their prognosis, not jumping to aggressive treatment (and a treatment that will bring in extra funds) at the first visit?
Your recommendations ar SO appreciated,

Carol at 352-446-0149 text or call

carol_piirto@hotmail.com
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1837.JPG
Views:	132
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	70708  
Old 08-03-2017, 01:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I am a very happy patient a Palm Ridge Dentisty. I found them after I went to a dentist here in The Villages that said I needed $12,000 worth of dental work and this is after a lifetime of seeing our dentist in Cincinnati every six months.

Drs. Kathleen Williams and Reem Jaber are both ethical women who graduated from Univesity of Florida in Gainesville and are not only excellent and skilled but warm and gentle. They go out of their way to teach you good dental hygiene to avoid having to see them. I will find a link.

palm ridge dental the villages - Bing

Last edited by graciegirl; 08-03-2017 at 01:14 PM.
Old 08-03-2017, 02:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

///

Last edited by Nucky; 08-04-2017 at 06:49 AM.
Old 08-03-2017, 02:40 PM
Platinum member

dentist Dr. Jerkins Fruitland Park. excellent.
Old 08-03-2017, 03:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnevie View Post
Absolutely!
Old 08-03-2017, 05:47 PM
Eternal Member

The dentists at Marion Dental are wonderful. I have been seeing Dr. Edwards for about 13 years. Awesome. I went there after the Villages dentist wanted me to lay out several thousand dollars.
Old 08-03-2017, 07:14 PM
Sage

Another vote for a dentist that fulfills all your requirements. Dr. Jerkins in Fruitland Park. No upsell, knows his limitations and doesn't hesitate to refer when needed, friendly and professional staff. I've been a patient there longer than with any other dental practice in my life.
Old 08-04-2017, 06:15 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

I moved here from Northern Virginia where I had the same dentist for 25 years. I had outstanding dental care with every 6 month cleaning, any issue or potential issue taken care of immediately, and it was expensive. My insurance usually covered about 20% of the bill. But I was working then so willing to pay for the quality and convenience of first class care.

Moved here and went to two dentists in the Villages. Each wanted $14,000 and $11,000 to "correct" past neglect. They must think we all showed up on the turnip truck. They wanted to replace a few older crowns, do some cosmetic stuff, and some "special" treatments that were poorly explained.

Finally went to Dr Hendry in Fruitland park. My insurance now covers 100% of the bill. Last statement I had an $11 credit because insurance paid more than the bill. Now do I think I get as good care as I was getting in Virginia? No way. This dentist takes a wait and see, if it gets worse, maybe sometime in the future approach to most problems. Had a chip on a back tooth and in Virginia it would have been an immediate fix, here it was a "does it bother you?" approach.

So my assessment is a very good dentist, very reasonable prices, conservative approach, and dental care that will last me my lifetime.
Old 08-04-2017, 01:02 PM

Thank you all so very much!!
Old 08-04-2017, 03:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,921 Times in 2,447 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnevie View Post

Agree. took me going through two to find him. Actually first one was good but, liked to run up the bill. The second one, I liked the dentist but the hygienist thought she new more than the dentist and kept digging into my jaw bone probing for deep pockets for deep cleaning and implants at 6k apiece. I rarely bleed at dentists, but after her massacre left my jaw bone infected and sore for 5 months.

Another shoutout for DR. Jenkins in fruitland park!!!!!!!! Fixed me up in two weeks with no running up the bill.
Old 08-04-2017, 03:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,921 Times in 2,447 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
I moved here from Northern Virginia where I had the same dentist for 25 years. I had outstanding dental care with every 6 month cleaning, any issue or potential issue taken care of immediately, and it was expensive. My insurance usually covered about 20% of the bill. But I was working then so willing to pay for the quality and convenience of first class care.

Moved here and went to two dentists in the Villages. Each wanted $14,000 and $11,000 to "correct" past neglect. They must think we all showed up on the turnip truck. They wanted to replace a few older crowns, do some cosmetic stuff, and some "special" treatments that were poorly explained.

Finally went to Dr Hendry in Fruitland park. My insurance now covers 100% of the bill. Last statement I had an $11 credit because insurance paid more than the bill. Now do I think I get as good care as I was getting in Virginia? No way. This dentist takes a wait and see, if it gets worse, maybe sometime in the future approach to most problems. Had a chip on a back tooth and in Virginia it would have been an immediate fix, here it was a "does it bother you?" approach.

So my assessment is a very good dentist, very reasonable prices, conservative approach, and dental care that will last me my lifetime.
You nailed it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread

Tags
dentist, tooth, fairies, treatment, visit

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.