Tricare For Life billing?

Closed Thread
Old 03-13-2019, 11:15 AM
Default Tricare For Life billing?

This question is for retired military eligible for TFL and having OHI.
Does anyone encounter the problem of your Medicare or MAP being billed and not your TFL? I just encountered the repeat problem I’m having with UHCleveland providers. They show an SC address for TFL and not the WPS (Medicare age) address. I tell the receptionist and ask her to correct the record. I’ve been billed copays numerous times because TFL is not showing as secondary. I’ve called UH billing and when someone finally answers the phone I have given the correct information. I’ve used the UH app and corrected the info there. I don’t have this billing problem with Cleveland Clinic.
Old 03-13-2019, 12:06 PM

I use medicare and TFL....no issues as medicare forwards auto to TFL
Old 03-13-2019, 12:37 PM

I also have medicare and TFL and have never had an issue.
Old 03-13-2019, 01:31 PM
Soaring Eagle member

We are Medicare and Tri Care For Life for the past 15 years. Never a single billing problem here or in Maryland.
Old 03-13-2019, 01:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,882 Times in 2,428 Posts

I think talking about when have other insurance than Medicare? If, yes there been some problems mainly the company don’t file it right. if you are on Medicare TFL is the secondary insurer and usually covers most cost that Medicare don’t pay and usually goes great providing they file it right and office take Medicare?
Old 03-14-2019, 05:07 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via MSN to Bryan

Medicare will bill TFL whenever it processes a claim. If you have a third insurance carrier (OHI) this may be screwing things up. TFL wants to be last payer after your others. I never give my doctors any billing information about TFL other than I have it and my identification number. Never had a problem. Why do you even have OHI when you have Medicare and TFL?
Old 03-14-2019, 10:17 PM

Thanks for the answers.
Just to make this more complicated I retired from AT&T and in order to qualify for the AT&T Health Reimbursement Account I have to purchase a Medicare Advantage Plan through AON/ Hewitt. I purchased a zero premium MAP which is primary to TFL. Because the MAP has a prescription benefit that is linked to what TFL pays my prescriptions cost $0. The copays and deductibles of the Zero premium MAP are covered by TFL also.
Closed Thread

Tags
tfl, i’ve, problem, billing, billed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.