TricareSupplements

Closed Thread
Old 09-02-2007, 02:28 PM
Default TricareSupplements

We've just retired and moved TV. I've been looking and have not been able to find anyone down here that offers that coverage. Does anyone know where it can be found and is it worth the money?
Old 09-12-2007, 02:18 PM
Default Re: TricareSupplements

Reggie, I am not sure what your situation is but Tricare for Life is the supplemental health care coverage given by the government to retired military personnel and their spouses. Prior to being eligible for Medicare, Tricare is used by retirees as the primary payer unless they have other insurance from a second job or spouses job. Then its the secondary insurance. After you are eligible for Medicare it becomes the secondary or supplemental insurance. And as others have said on the post, it is the government's answer to the broken promise of medical care for life for retired military personnel and their spouses. For years people were promised this care if they devoted 20+ years to serving their country. Most of us would have gladly devoted those years regardless of the "promise" but it was really wrong to make that promise for so many years and then just say, "well, sorry about that". But Tricare For Life does help tremendously and I just hope and pray that the government doesn't find some reason to break that promise too.
Johannesburg, London, Wiesbaden, Fairfield CA, Tokyo, Rock Hill SC, Myrtle Beach, Denver, Baltimore, Bangkok, Hongkong, Rutland VT, New York NY, Seneca SC, and next (and last stop as soon as we sell our house) The Villages.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:15 AM
Default Re: TricareSupplements

I am with ouma. More info. I am on Tricare Prime right now and go on Tricare for Life next month. Are you or your spouse retired Military? If not, you cannot have Tricare.
Donna
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.