TVRH and Leesburg Regional

Closed Thread
Old 11-07-2019, 10:33 AM
Gold member
Default TVRH and Leesburg Regional

I regularly keep up with the news in the Raleigh NC area where I lived for a lot of my adult life. Today they had an article about hospital ratings in the area that had just been released by Leapfrog. I decided to go the Leapfrog website to peruse the hospitals in this area. Interestingly, TVRH and Leesburg Regional, which I believed are managed by the same team, both declined to respond to Leapfrog's survey. Expanding my search to 50 miles around here, I discovered they are two of the very few hospitals to decline to participate. Why would they do that ?

Here is a link to the website

Compare Hospitals | Leapfrog
Old 11-07-2019, 11:10 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Having been to both most recently Leesburg I will definitely return to Leesburg. I was admitted thru the ER and all I can say fast & efficient service for sure. Private very clean room with it's own full bath and great service. Nurses were top notch and food was even good. Thank goodness it was a false alarm.
Old 11-07-2019, 11:27 AM
Sage

Been to Both Leesburg is light years better than the Villages Hospital, I spent 3 days in the Villages Hospital due to aconite poisoning , as a result of unregulated herbs , given to me by an acupuncture dr., my wife did the research that actually diagnosed the problem, the hospital found nothing
Old 11-07-2019, 01:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

Our first choice is Advent Health Care Hospital in Ocala.
Old 11-07-2019, 01:55 PM
Sage

Advent is the best, especially for stroke
Old 11-07-2019, 02:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,278 Times in 807 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld315 View Post
I regularly keep up with the news in the Raleigh NC area where I lived for a lot of my adult life. Today they had an article about hospital ratings in the area that had just been released by Leapfrog. I decided to go the Leapfrog website to peruse the hospitals in this area. Interestingly, TVRH and Leesburg Regional, which I believed are managed by the same team, both declined to respond to Leapfrog's survey. Expanding my search to 50 miles around here, I discovered they are two of the very few hospitals to decline to participate. Why would they do that ?

Here is a link to the website

Compare Hospitals | Leapfrog
Leapfrog is a private not for profit organization. Responding to their surveys is voluntary IE they have no regulatory authority. There are over 6000 hospitals in the US of which Leapfrog's database is approximately 2000 thus around 1 in 3 hospitals have responded to the survey. FYI there are hospitals in some areas that are funded by taxpayers. I highly suspect these institutions would not be allowed to respond per the local legislators. I don't know if TVRH and Leesburg declined to respond or even asked to for that matter. But my short answer is "why would they?". They can't handle the demand they have not alone look for new customers.
Old 11-08-2019, 12:14 AM
Default Advent Health

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Advent is the best, especially for stroke
Please note that it is Ocala Regional Medical Center that has opened the new Comprehensive Stroke Department. Not Advent Health (formerly know as Monroe Regional Hospital) My husband was recently taken there by ambulance(ORMC) and the experience was remarkable. The EMS drivers do not even give you a choice.... they take all suspected stroke patients directly to ORMC.
Closed Thread

Tags
area, hospitals, website, tvrh, leapfrog

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.