Unprofessional office staff-Dental

Closed Thread
Old 02-14-2011, 07:19 PM
Default Unprofessional office staff-Dental

Went to Dr. Blumberg on Buenos Aires blvd for a quote on a dental procedure and found him to be friendly and knowledgable. The quote came in over $5,000 so I decided to check outside the Villages Dental area. Checked at home in NY and up in Ocala and found the identical procedure for half the cost. I went back to his office to get a copy of my x-rays and a photo from my Endodontist. They would not give me my photo and were very rude. The one lady lost her cool when we were discussing a potential surgery date and the conversation went down hill quickly. I ended up leaving and wonder how anyone with a position who interfaces with the public could be so unprofessional.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:09 AM
Gold member
Location: Bought Tamarind Grove, Mercer Island Wa, previously NH,FLA,Hi,CT,CA,GA, Hubby from Hawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunt9791 View Post
Went to Dr. Blumberg on Buenos Aires blvd for a quote on a dental procedure and found him to be friendly and knowledgable. The quote came in over $5,000 so I decided to check outside the Villages Dental area. Checked at home in NY and up in Ocala and found the identical procedure for half the cost. I went back to his office to get a copy of my x-rays and a photo from my Endodontist. They would not give me my photo and were very rude. The one lady lost her cool when we were discussing a potential surgery date and the conversation went down hill quickly. I ended up leaving and wonder how anyone with a position who interfaces with the public could be so unprofessional.
You paid for the films they are your property. I had a similar situation when I lived in California and had to sign a release to get the films but I stood my ground and got them anyway. I told them I had nothing but time and would take them to small claims court which would cost them a day away from the office, it was amazing how fast I got the films. If they had been nice I probably would have just left but when they were rude I got my back up.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:44 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via MSN to Bryan

It is against Florida law for any doctor to refuse to provide you with copies of your medical records (Florida Statutes, Section 456.057 (6)). I would go back to the doctors office or, better yet, write them a certified letter (return receipt requested) asking for your records, citing the above statutes. Tell them that if you don't have your records within 48 hours, you will file a complaint with the Florida Department of Health, Division of Medical Quality Assurance. You can file online or print off the forms to file a complaint by going to their website at www.doh.state.fl.us/mqa/index.html . Better yet, print off and complete the complaint form, include a copy with your letter, and let the doctor know you intend to submit if if you don't have your records within 48 hours. That should get them off bottom dead center.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
It is against Florida law for any doctor to refuse to provide you with copies of your medical records (Florida Statutes, Section 456.057 (6)). I would go back to the doctors office or, better yet, write them a certified letter (return receipt requested) asking for your records, citing the above statutes. Tell them that if you don't have your records within 48 hours, you will file a complaint with the Florida Department of Health, Division of Medical Quality Assurance. You can file online or print off the forms to file a complaint by going to their website at www.doh.state.fl.us/mqa/index.html . Better yet, print off and complete the complaint form, include a copy with your letter, and let the doctor know you intend to submit if if you don't have your records within 48 hours. That should get them off bottom dead center.
I love it when we have someone here who can guide us so specifically.
I would do just as Bryan directs. I bet they will do what they are supposed to do at once.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.