UV Sanitization Use in Hospitals

Closed Thread
Old 03-27-2020, 07:34 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts
Default UV Sanitization Use in Hospitals

The point of the article and the post was and still is information about human ingenuity solving shortages, which currently happens to be N95 masks. Also to give people a bit of good news in a sea of chaotic, somewhat binary, information flow.

Industrial UV sterilization is much, much stronger and requires 5-10 minutes of constant "bathing" which is no where near the same effectiveness of retail UV light.

Will the retail model work? I have no idea, but I would not replace bleach/ammonia/alcohol sanitization with UV light . If you would feel better adding UV light to your sanitization processes, I would support you doing it as it is not counter productive.

Remember, human behavior takes time to adjust to the situation. Prior to a shortage, with masks having available supply, safety measures dictated disposal. Now, the supply and demand situation has changed, so ingenuity or situational adaptability is helping. Darwin's survival is not the strongest, but the most adaptable.

sportsguy
Closed Thread

Tags
light, sanitization, retail, situation, masks

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.