Vaccine Protection Failure

Closed Thread
Old 07-19-2021, 09:12 AM
Veteran member

My rheumatologist and oncologist both recommended that I continue to wear a mask in public despite being fully vaccinated. I am on an immunosuppressant due to lupus as well as tamoxifen for breast cancer treatment. I wear a mask in crowded indoor spaces. Hang in there. Pandemics typically take two full years to run their course. We are almost there but the next few months will continue to be rocky. It’s no time to let your guard down. To those of you who will reply with some snide comment, please know that I don’t care what you think. Youu do you and let others do what is best for themselves.
Old 07-19-2021, 09:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,178 Times in 834 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
And I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night----what's your point? Is it that the vaccine is not 100% effective? Yes, that would be correct. Was she sick or just had a positive test?

Three of my neighbors, fully vaccinated were going on a trip, all 3 tested positive. They went to a different testing center and 2 tested neg, the other tested negative the next day. Given the CDC assertion that the breakthrough rate is 0.007%, 3/3 testing positive is a nearly impossible statistical anomaly, so I tend to think something is going on with the test in the vaccinated
Since May 1, before the delta variant took hold, the CDC is focusing on breakthrough cases where the patient is hospitalized or dies. They are not asking for data from the states on positive PCR tests in symptom free or well persons. They have not, as far as I can find, made any comment or published any data on asymptomatic positive tests after full vaccination for the period after May 1. The CDC reported 10,262 positive test out of 101 million vaccinated persons [0.01%] reported up to May 1. They advise that this certainly is an undercount of breakthrough cases due to non-testing and under-reporting. Recent news items as well as your personal experience suggest that full vaccination is amazingly effective in preventing illness but it does not prevent subclinical infection. No vaccine prevents subclinical infection so this is not a surprise.

For the non-medical readers... When a virus enters your body either your immune system detects and destroys it, or your immune system does not detect or destroy. In the first situation you likely never have any symptoms but you WILL test positive during the event and for a period afterward as viral particles are present in your nose and throat.
Old 07-19-2021, 09:59 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor View Post
Just a word of caution to those who have been vaccinated. Turns out that some individuals (one of us personally learned this first hand) who have a compromised immune system, kidney disease, diabetes, or transplants and who have been vaccinated may not have generated antibodies to the Covid Vaccination.

Rheumatologist casually mentioned this during a routine exam, ran a Covid test (to see if we ever had Covid because if you have had it you naturally generate some antibodies) and then ran a Spike test. He was shocked when one of our Spike tests showed no antibodies had been generated by the vaccination. The one with no antibodies has an autoimmune disease.

We are back to wearing masks everywhere...

The worst part of this is most who had the vaccine assume they are now Ok and won't get extremely sick even if they get the virus...nothing could be further from the truth.

Just wanted to make folks aware of the potential issues...
Get Respocare masks at Walmart. They actually have an FDA approval because the mask kills viruses.
Old 07-19-2021, 10:00 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
Yep, blame those who are in Chemo, that the vaccine isn’t as effective.
They might be more worried about when the cancer starts to Mets.

But thanks for laying blame on those who have been diagnosed with cancer, and choose to Fight. So sorry their cancer has ruined your day, and made vaccine less effective.

I dont think that is what he was saying. To me, he was referencing the ones that refused a shot...not the ones that couldn't get it bc of medical issues, or did, and it was noneffective.
As much muck that is thrown back and forth on this site, I don't believe anyone would ever say
"Thanks allot you cancer filled people"....give me a break, and it, a rest!

Last edited by Spalumbos62; 07-19-2021 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 07-19-2021, 10:25 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob47 View Post
This is really frightening. Frightening that some people actually believe this crap, and then promulgate it.

I don’t think we have been lied to. The vac, to be fda approved, would take more time than we had...did we take a risk.? Probably..but a much much smaller risk than getting/having covid.
Will it work for all....no, probably not....still a lessor risk. Do other vaccines flu shot, shingles vac work for those with autoimmune issues (I don't know).
Please stop saying you were lied to....info was given as it was discovered, this is new, ever changing, not all for the good.....but certainly better than chancing this disease. Folks, we have to start rolling with this, stop the propaganda and be happy if you can say you are still alive and covid free.
Old 07-19-2021, 10:31 AM

Wow, had no idea. Thanks for info.
Old 07-19-2021, 10:57 AM
TOTV Moderator

Reminder...the thread is about the effectiveness of the vaccine on people who are immune-compromised. Please stay on topic.

Old 07-19-2021, 10:58 AM
Default The danger of mRNA vaccines

Look to the guy who invented the mRNA vaccine. When he tells you something is drastically wrong, you should listen. I can not post the link, but look up:
"mRNA Vaccine Inventor Sounds The Alarm… Something is Serious Wrong"

Then look up: r. Mike Yeadon, former VP and Chief Science Officer of Pfizer and his presentation about what is true and what isn't about what we are being told. He is very highly credentialed and is telling us the truth. He is but one of hundreds of doctors now telling us the truth about this vaccine, what it does to us and the reasons behind it.

Then go and research on your own about the role of T cells in fighting viruses versus antibodies. Hint: Viruses are very tiny and get into your cells. Antibodies are large and do NOT get into your cells. It is your T cells (two mechanisms) that kill the virus. Do your own research to educate yourself while you can, BEFORE everything is censored. Dismiss this all out of hand and believe everything the corrupt WHO, CDC, Dr. Fauci, and all governments are spouting at your peril. Learn too about the dangers of the spike on the protein (especially from the widely respected SALK Institute) and what it does to your blood and the walls of your arteries and veins. The old adage: Caveat emptor has never been more timely.
Old 07-19-2021, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalumbos62 View Post
I don’t think we have been lied to. The vac, to be fda approved, would take more time than we had...did we take a risk.? Probably..but a much much smaller risk than getting/having covid.
Will it work for all....no, probably not....still a lessor risk. Do other vaccines flu shot, shingles vac work for those with autoimmune issues (I don't know).
Please stop saying you were lied to....info was given as it was discovered, this is new, ever changing, not all for the good.....but certainly better than chancing this disease. Folks, we have to start rolling with this, stop the propaganda and be happy if you can say you are still alive and covid free.
Just to clarify, I'm not saying we've been lied to. What I say is crap is what you find if you follow the link to "From The Trenches World Report" which appears in post #28. The original post containing this link seems to be missing.
Old 07-19-2021, 03:05 PM
Default This should scare all.

Gates and Soros team up to buy Covid testing company for $41 Million

Now everyone will test positive.
Old 07-19-2021, 03:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Another reason why it was SO important for MOST people to get vaccinated. But thanks to the refuseniks, the few who *can't* be vaccinated, and the people whose vaccines aren't as effective, are MORE prone to becoming the victims of the current wave of virus.

The more people who are vaccinated, the less likely ANYONE is to get sick. Little too late for people to realize this, now. Maybe next time there's a pandemic they'll remember.
Good post. The refuseniks are killing good people
Old 07-19-2021, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stadry View Post
dau #3 got vax'd 3 mos ago & recently test'd + nevertheless
Are you aware that recent research has determined that you can test positive even if the covid cells in your body are dead? Brings up a whole new set of problems for policies.
Old 07-19-2021, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaNi4os View Post
Pandemics typically take two full years to run their course. We are almost there but the next few months will continue to be rocky.
FYI, The plague virus lasted for several hundred years...

Last edited by dougawhite; 07-19-2021 at 04:12 PM.
Old 07-19-2021, 03:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,274 Times in 4,295 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlcopper View Post
True and I would think that those individuals with medical issues would have the sense to talk to their doctor about things and not just read articles or get info from a friend
One would certainly think that... But noooo, that's never the case...

-Tom Petty
Old 07-19-2021, 03:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,274 Times in 4,295 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyseguy View Post
Would you please reference where you got the 0.1% of the population figure. I was given the Johns Hopkins Study from June 2021 and it shows a significantly larger number. Thank You.
It would be nice if you actually cited the study and or the "significantly larger number"...

-Tom Petty
Closed Thread

Tags
antibodies, covid, generated, disease, ran

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.